FEAR AND PAIN

HEART OR BRAIN?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun has risen and it automatically woke up the sleeping Joohyun in her underwear. Stretching her arms to reach for Taehyung beside her, it worried her to notice that he’s no longer beside her.

“Tae?” She said as she crawl quickly to the edge of her bed.

“Why? Are you alright?” Taehyung asked as he suddenly appear in front of her.

“Oh thank god.” She exhales in relief and embraced him tightly. “I thought last night was just a dream.”

It happened that Taehyung was able to regain back his strength and energy that he doesn’t feel too sleepy anymore while Joohyun is still asleep. He woke up an hour before her, admiring the pictures, medals and awards that he didn’t had a chance to watch while he’s still in the island.

“I am sorry I was looking at your pictures in your office and I realized you got a lot of shining stones as your collection.” Taehyung said.

“Shining stones?” Joohyun asked.

And they teleported at her office facing her steel wood racks of awards and accomplishments. Joohyun confidently swayed her hair and bit her lip. “You see how lucky you are for having me?”

“Ne?”

Joohyun almost forgot that the main reason why she fell in love with Taehyung was because he’s loyal and faithful to her despite he’s not aware of her accomplishments at all. “Oh I mean I am the one who’s lucky to have you.”

Her initial plan was to prepare breakfast for Taehyung but it happened that he woke up earlier than her so she has no choice but to bring him with her to the kitchen.

“I would like to help.” Taehyung volunteered.

“Just stay on your seat.” Joohyun commanded him.

He’s not totally used to watch his Prime doing something for him. It is quite uncomfortable for him to watch his Prime working for his meal. “You know back then I used to be a bait of my Prime for the wildlings so we could have something to eat.”

Joohyun was displeased to learn that. “That’s awful. Why would they do that to you?”

“Because we have to eat?” Taehyung reasoned out.

Joohyun felt bad that Taehyung was so innocent not to know his worth and it made her more eager to protect him so no one would abuse him like his previous Primes were doing.

“It smells good.” Taehyung said as he leaned forward to look at the sizzling bacon.

Seeing Taehyung so satisfied with what she’s doing makes her want to spend her mornings like that. No reviewing of reports, no analyzing of documents etc. Just her and Taehyung and that’s it.

Joohyun finally finished cooking their breakfast. She gently placed them in front of Taehyung and took the seat opposite to him. “Taste it.” Joohyun told him.

“No you should take the first bite Doctor Bae.” Taehyung said out of respect.

“Oh come on, you’re making me look like your grandma when you’re doing that.” Joohyun complained. “Come on this is delicious.” She offered a bacon that she stabbed with the fork.

“Doctor Bae, you should eat that first.” Taehyung insisted and prompted her hand directly to .

Joohyun rolled her eyes and chew her food. “Its delicious!” She said.

Taehyung exchanged smile with her and took his own food. “It is!” he agreed.

But Joohyun opened and stick out her tongue showing Taehyung that she hasn’t swallowed her food yet.

“Oh no!” He regret eating his meal comfortably. “Doctor Bae why did you do that?”

“Look Taehyung, there are times that you have to detach yourself from your respectful habit. Remember when we had a meal at the hotel? I want you to eat comfortably like that.”

“But that was prepared by Chef Henry, and if there’s someone who deserve the first bite of this food it should be you.” Taehyung said as she frowned while chewing.

“It’s totally fine.” Joohyun assured her. “and besides there will be some time that we will argue and there are some things that we will not agree about so you should learn how to break your habits.”

“I am not going to be in an argument with you. We’re not going to fight. Why would I do that?”

“Cause that’s what couples do. The more they argue the more they make their relationship stronger.” Joohyun informed him.

“Well I don’t want that. If that happens you have to punish me in the most severe way that you know.” Taehyung said. “but that excludes blocking me from your mind.”

“I am not going to punish you Tae but if the time comes that we need to fight you have to defend yourself in the best way that I will understand.” Joohyun said.

“I will try.” Taehyung said and looked at her. “Did you swallowed your food already?”

“I already did!” Joohyun said between her laughs.

After having their meal, Joohyun walked with Taehyung to the hexahome so he could spent his spare time while she’s busy with her work related stuffs.

She directly went to Seulgi as soon as she gave a good bye kiss to Taehyung.

“You’re annoying! I just can’t talk to you right now!” Seulgi turned off the video call with Jimin and covered herself with her blanket.

Joohyun just saw what happened. “Hey are you alright?”

“No I am not. Jimin is being annoying and it pisses me.” Seulgi honestly admitted.

“I was asking about your health but it seems like I am getting now that you’re fine since you can get mad without getting any chest pain.” Joohyun said.

“Well he’s being annoying. He doesn’t even want to show up nor even let me see his shadow here.” Seulgi complained.

“Well after reviewing Jin’s report, I think it is best for both of you to separate for a while.” Joohyun said. “a quite distant won’t hurt right?”

Seulgi just frowned and embraced her knees. She just can’t help but to feel bad about their situation since she knew that Jimin has been worried with his stay in earth.

“Can I ask you?” Joohyun asked and after seeing Seulgi being curious with what she may ask, “How long are you going to keep your attitude like that towards Jimin?”

Seulgi rolled her eyes and made a deep sigh. “Unnie, don’t take this against me. I am his girlfriend and it is my right to demand for his presence.”

“I am not taking this against you.” Joohyun pursed her lips and made an awkward swallow. “You know Taehyung and I are also in a relationship right? And neither of us are good in fighting. So..”

“Really unnie? That’s what you’re going to ask?”

 

“Seulgi I am being serious here. You know Taehyung is the first man that made me feel like this and he didn’t grow up here.” Joohyun said. “So I guess it’s my responsibility to make this relationship work.”

“Alright fine. Well that really depends on you. Sometimes you’ll just give in and because you really missed him you’ll end up apologizing to him and both of you should settle everything once all of the anger goes away.” Seulgi explained as best as she could and now it’s happening to her. She thought she was the one who’s being annoying and Jimin was just being considerate to her.

“oh…” Joohyun nod her head as if she was convinced. “Guess it wasn’t that hard.”

--

“Hey, Professor Seulgi is calling.” Taehyung informed Jimin and handed him his phone.

“I am so sorry.” Seulgi apologized as soon as Jimin picked up the call.

Jimin smiled with her cute remarks. If she didn’t call that time Jimin would feel really tired understanding Seulgi’s tantrums and immature behavior. “It’s fine. How are you feeling?” Jimin asked.

“I feel guilty alright.” She admitted. “but you have to admit that you’re being annoying!”

“I am doing this for you Seul, you have to understand that I can’t afford to put your life into danger.”

Taehyung slightly hit Jimin’s arm. “yah, why are you saying that? If you’re being really annoying then you are really annoying!”

Taehyung only considered his Primes as the strongest connection of his biology that’s why when he learned that the other being made a connection as well, they should treat them how he treats his Prime.

“See? Taehyung understands me.” Seulgi said.

“Why would you listen to someone who’s not from here?” Jimin playfully asked. “Seul, you have to feel better and get better. I’ll be worried for the whole day if you keep yourself in there.”

“Now I have to apologize once again for making you worried!” Seulgi complained. “Don’t worry about me too much alright? I am feeling better and I can’t wait to embrace you tight.”

“Me too. Please take care of yourself. I love you Seul…”

“I love you too.” Seulgi responded and waved good bye.

“Oh wait, you guys are exchanging I love yous?” Joohyun asked Seulgi in disbelief as if she didn’t hear that clearly.

“Yes, we’re in a relationship and that’s normal.” Seulgi said.

Joohyun frowned and realized that she and Taehyung hasn’t exchanged I love you’s even if both of their feelings are clear.

“Well…” Joohyun lost her words.

“Unnie, please do not compare your relationship with Taehyung to others. He didn’t grow up here and..”

“So does Jimin, and yet those words are coming from him.” Joohyun complained.

“Why do you reasoned out like a dumb person?” Seulgi made a deep sigh. “Even both of them didn’t grow up from here they’re still different beings and they do not share the same learning process.”

“But.”

“and besides..” Seulgi interrupted her. “People would say those words if they are ready.”

“Wait what?” Joohyun squint her eyes “I dot understand you mean… two people could be in a relationship and intimate but either of them isn’t yet ready to say such thing?”

“Its neither and either, alright?” Seulgi said. “Why don’t you take Taehyung out on a date? So it would be easy for him to understand.”

“I can’t get your point.” Jimin said as Taehyung keep on lecturing him for being authoritative to Seulgi.

“You’re being rude and disrespectful!” He accused him.

“If I a, being rude and disrespectful, why didn’t she express any disappointment?” Jimin defended himself.

Taehyung couldn’t deny that. He saw Seulgi on the video call by himself. She even felt relief and sorry at the same time after Jimin displayed his behavior. “Well…”

“Well you’re wrong.” Jimin said. “Girls shouldn’t always treated that way. I learned that the more a man gives in to a girl’s favor the more they throw tantrums and act childish.”

“I admit that I am wrong and I am sorry but Doctor Bae isn’t just a girl.” Taehyung frowned. “She’s my Prime.”

“Then tell me what is your obligation to your Prime?” Jimin asked.

“To protect her, to make her feel better and to wash away all her worries and fears.” Taehyun said.

“and that doesn’t include shouldering all the fault and mistakes with whatever she might throw you in the future.”

“But..”

“If she say’s you’re wrong!” Jimin rasied his voice and point out his finger to Taehyung. “What are you supposed to say?”

“That I am wrong?”

“Then you just disappointed her and that doesn’t make her feel better.” Jimin said. “You’re supposed to defend yourself Taehyung.”

“That doesn’t seem so right.”

“Well, I think if you make a strong connection with someone it also means protecting your connection more than the person.” Jimin said. “and that includes understanding each other.”

On the other hand, Joy is currently busy revising some research proposal when Jin knocked on her door and interrupted her. “Hi Professor Joy, good morning.”

“For someone who doesn’t need to sleep every day is good in morning.” Joy said but her eyes are glued on the documents in her screen.

“Are you free tonight? Do you want to have dinner at Seoul?” Jin asked.

Joy paused from typing on her keyboard and suddenly she felt awkward from that straightforward question. “I haven’t checked my schedule I would let you know this lunch.”

“Alright, It’s 7pm at the red restaurant.” Jin said. “Have a good day.” He gently shut the door and left her health lab.

It doesn’t mean that she don’t want to but she just feel weird that Jin is asking her for dinner. “He’s into too much dramas.” Joy shakes her head “Focus Joy.”

On his way back to his private lab, Jin found Heize who happened to drag Yoongi forcefully to come to Jin’s lab.

“Hi.” Heize greeted him awkwardly.

“Hey. Are you alright? You seemed so tense.” Jin asked.

“No I am not. Anyway we’re here because Yoongi wanted to invite you for a barbecue dinner tonight.”

“Well thanks for inviting me but I have a schedule tonight.” Jin tapped Heize’s shoulder. “Enjoy.”

Heize would wanted to insisit even for his quick time but she didn’t have the courage. She looked at Yoongi and he just shrugged his shoulder like saying “I told you so.”

“Let’s just cancel the reservation.” Heize said.

“But you already made a down payment.” Yoongi said. “We can just invite Professor Wendy and Professor Rose.”

“I think that would be better.” Heize agreed but the frowned from her face didn’t fade.

On the other hand while Joohyun was invited for a conference, Jennie took the chance to go at the Hexahome to see any subjects around. None of them submitted their reports for the week and with her surprise, she found Taehyung standing in front of the mirror practicing his angry face.

“What are you doing?” Jennie interrupted him.

“annyeonghasaeyo Doctor Jennie.” Taehyung bowed at her and looked back at the mirror. “I am training myself to make an angry face.” He g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter