FINDING WHAT'S MISSING

HEART OR BRAIN?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Reaching the Hexalab, Yeri managed to give them a small tour where they could be sleeping and if they have interest in research and technologies they’re free to use the computers and books around them.

“Are we being prisoned for breaking your property or staying here illegally?” Yerji worriedly asked.

“Doesn’t look like a prison to me Yeji.” Ryujin said as her eyes wandered around the area.

“No, you’re not. It’s just that we need to keep you here for a while since you are not yet aware with the social customs and norms here in Earth.” Yeri calmly explained. “Don’t worry you are safe here. Your Dads used to stay here when they first arrived in this planet.”

“That’s a relief.” Lia said but deep inside she’s worried about Joohyun. “What about Doctor Bae? Is she going to visit us here?

“Of course she will. Its just that we all got surprised learning that you’re the children of the beings.” Yeri reasoned out. “Anyway, can I ask about Jungkook?”

“What about Uncle Jk?” Ryujin asked.

Yeri just smiled and shake her head slightly. “Nothing.”

--

“What took you so long?” Joy asked Yeri who just came inside the conference room where the other Lead Professors are already waiting.

“Miane, I just find it hard to say good bye not in a rude way.” Yeri said but the truth was she has been walking back and retrieve from the Hexalab torn if she’s going to ask for Jungkook or not.

“Based on my findings, the girls are really your daughters.” Joy confirmed to them as she displayed a visual aid to prove her claims. “Their DNA process and history are the same combination on how babies are born in our planet.”

“Joy are you sure about this?” Joohyun doubly asked.

“Did you forget you were the one who made me part of the Lead Professors and now your doubting me?” Joy asked. “I already checked twice and proof twice.”

“But how is that possible? They just look like our age and..”

“Planets doesn’t share the same time with the other planets.” Joohyun squinted her eyes. “It is possible that the beings have already spent more years than us.”

“Who bear these children?” Wendy asked again.

“Do those things still matter? We already gathered a strong evidence that these girls are yours.” Joy defended them and sighed out of disappointment. “So what are your plans about your children?” Joy asked the Professors.

“I don’t know.” Seulgi said. “I grew up in an orphanage and I don’t know how to be a Mom.” Seulgi worriedly confessed.

Joohyun was just quiet but she has been thinking of that too. She can’t understand why it was easy for her parents to send her in an orphanage and she can’t do the same to Lia.

“We need to talk to them.” Joohyun said.

 --

The three went to the hexalab but as soon as they reached the doors, their courage suddenly faded. “Shall you go first?” Joohyun asked Seulgi.

“This isn’t really a good idea. I need  a script.” Seulgi said.

“can we just go in at the same time?” Wendy suggested and they all agreed.

The lab’s doors opened and with their surprise, the girls are pre occupied with their own businesses, Lia is busy correcting the coordinates from the hologram screen, Ryujin was busy disconnecting cables and unscrewing some machine and Yeji is busy revising the proposed space craft.

“Excuse me.” Joohyun marched inside the laboratory. “You guys are not allowed to touch any of these.”

“She doesn’t look pleased. Put down your tools.” Ryujin commanded everyone so she dropped the screw driver that she’s holding, the same goes to Yeji with her pencil and Lia immediately turned off the monitors.

“What are you doing?” Wendy awkwardly asked.

“We got bored and we checked whatever we can see here.” Ryujin explained.

“and it seems like majority of the unresolved task here are wrong.” Yeji added.

“Did you hear your daughter Seulgi?” Joohyun turned around to face her. “She just said that whatever we’re studying for 5 years are wrong.”

“Can we just hear how did she claimed that?” Seulgi said. “Yeji?”

“Sure.” Yeji said and she approached them showing the blue print that she revised.

“You vandalized the proposed aircraft.” Joohyun accused her.

“No, I revised it.” Yeji said. “This design will help you built a lightweight and fast space craft.” She confidently claimed.

It might looked like a disorganized doodling and form of vandalism but Seulgi can completely understand what Yeji is trying to point out.

“That’s amazing.” Seulgi compliments her.

“Thanks.” Yeji thanked her and picked up her pencil to continue her work.

“You just compliment her and she thinks she’s already allowed to do that?” Joohyun asked.

“Alright, I know you guys don’t want us here.” Ryujin said. “We want to go back to our place too but we can’t until we find answers why are we here.”

“That’s not true.” Wendy quickly told her. “We may not have the most beautiful way of meeting but you guys are pretty welcome here.”

“Doesn’t seem like that.” Ryujin shrugged her shoulders.

Seeing how her daughter was displeased with what she have said, Wendy finally found the courage to approach her. “Can we talk privately?”

“Sure.”

“In my floor.” Wendy said. “Follow me.”

Joohyun and Seulgi exchanged gazes and realized that they really have to do the same and since the only way for Seulgi to talk to Yeji is to share her interest she invited her in her floor to show her some of her vehicle inventions.

Joohyun was left alone with Lia and all she gave her is a wide beautiful smile and that smile either reminds her of her young self looking in front of the mirror or Taehyung imprinting her as his Prime back in North Korea.

Joohyun approached Lia. “What did you do to my map?” She asked her.

“Well I am not with Yeji when she claimed that whatever you did here was wrong.” She cleared . “I just think it needs some little modification and correction.”

“You’re insulting me in a nice way.” Joohyun folded her arms, but before Lia could respond. “Show me.” She said.

Turning on the hologram screen. “Well it looks like you’re placing landmarks and coordinates in a random way.” Lia started as she poked and swipe some wrong coordinates that she sees. “You see, everything out there are made to balance behavior of stars, asteroids, planets etc. and for you to identify correct coordinates you have to analyze the behavior of the stars.”

Watching Lia made Joohyun well focused on her way. She started calculating, making equations and she was able to make a distinct pattern.

“That’s the nearest way from here to the sun.” Lia said as she bite her lower lip that she found out what Joohyun is secretly studying. “Doctor Bae I haven’t told any of my friends but I already know why we’re here.”

Joohyun was still quiet. She doesn’t know how she’s going to conversate with Lia. Besides the beings and the Lead Professors she never had any serious conversation with anyone.

“Dad needs you.” Lia said. “I need you to help me to find Dad.”

Hearing that made Joohyun finally look at Lia’s eyes. “Taehyung is missing?”

“He has been missing for years. The last time I held his hand was when I was 6.” Lia confessed. “You need to come with us.”

“Well where is he? Have you found any possible places where he could be?” Joohyun worriedly asked. “Do you have any idea if he’s eating or..”

“None.” Lia said with a heavy heart.

Joohyun’s knees suddenly became weak. All she wanted was to find out if Taehyung was still alive but knowing that he could be out of nowhere made her feel so emotional.

--

“Oh, Dad’s flyboard.” Ryujin said as she found Yoongi’s flyboard at Wendy’s floor.

“Ah yes. That’s Yoongi’s.” She pursed her lips. “Uhmm could you sit down for a while?”

“You’ve been very controlling ever since we came here. Can you just get to the point?”

“You have to call me Mom from now on.” Wendy said which she totally regret but she knew she can no longer take it back.

“Why? Professor Wendy seems suits you well and that’s how everyone is calling you.” Ryujin said.

“Well you know, you got some percentage of my genes which makes you and I closely related.” Wendy prayed at the back of her mind that she’s saying the right words.

“Just like how I have Dad’s genes?” Ryujin asked innocently.

“Yes! You got it right!” Wendy exclaimed.

“Don’t be surprised. I’m an expert in biotech so scientifically I understand what you’re saying.”

“Thank goodness but here in Earth, it doesn’t only stop in one biological relation. There is a deeper responsibility and obligation.” Wendy explained. “You are solely my responsibility.”

“and what is that responsibility?”

“If I really have to be specific, its like sending you to school, packing meals for you, providing your needs or defending you whenever you’re in trouble.”

“Just like Aunt Rose?” Ryujin tilted her head.

Wendy wasn’t sure if she heard the name she have mentioned clearly. “Come again? Aunt who?”

“Aunt Rose.” Ryujin confirmed it. “She have done those things for us but she no longer pack as meals cause we’re already old. She’s just always around when our Dad always scold us for nonsense.”

“You mean, Rose is also in your world?” Wendy asked again.

“Yes she is.” Ryujin confirmed once again and finds it weird why she has to act like that.

--

On the other hand, Seulgi was taking so long at her floor’s kitchen and left Yeji at her basement where some of her vehicles are parked. She having trouble on how she will going to approach her daughter that it she made 10 pairs of burned grilled cheese already because of overthinking.

“Omo!” Yeji suddenly screamed which made Seulgi came back to her senses and quickly went down to her basement.

She found Yeji slipped on some oil that yeji accidentally spilled after poking the oil container of the space craft that Seulgi is trying to fix and now her daughter is showerin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter