EMPTINESS AND ACCEPTANCE

HEART OR BRAIN?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun has finally risen, the people in Seoul are already awake and back to their usual business but there are people who woke up earlier after the new of Bang tower exploded and being burned.

Joohyun woke up from her sleep and when she realized that Taehyung is not on her bed, she went straight to the kitchen to prepare for his meal after she took a shower.

[EMERGENCY MEETING. DOCTOR BAE YOUR PRESENCE IS WANTED AT THE CONFERENCE HALL] Areum announced.

Luckily she was able to pack everything with a note “Do not skip meals. <3” she went straight at the conference hall and was shock to see Siwon, Wendy and Yeri together with some military officials.

“We need your help for the investigation of the explosion of Bang tower.” Siwon said.

“What?” Joohyun, Yeri and Wendy said in chorus.

“We couldn’t figure out anyone who could possibly be behind this.” Siwon said.

“the owner of the Bang tower is well known for his charities, foundation and kindness no one would dare to this to him.”

“Could you show us any footage?” Joohyun asked.

And it was presented to the screen. A CCTV from the satellite at the outer space caught how the Bang tower exploded from its foot to its rooftop.

“We were able to gather some footage inside.” Siwon said.

And a footage at the basement was displayed at the three Professors. “It seems like the Bang tower is doing some illegal researches and human mutation.”

“We need more footage from that tower.” Wendy said.

When Siwon turned another footage, the three Professors stood up from their seat in shock. The five beings are inside. Blindfolded and tied, being transferred in a submarine like vehicle.

“andwe.” Joohyun said.

“More than that, we confirmed that a missile heading towards your island exploded after the same submarine like craft crash to its course.

“No. that’s not possible.” Yeri said. “Are you saying that those people inside that vehicle also...”

“No they did not.” Joohyun firmly said to Yeri.

“Yes they did.” Siwon said.

“Shut up!” Joohyun exclaimed to him. “Who are you to confirm their death?!”

“I understand that you’re feeling that way because they’re ground inspectors of the island.” Siwon said after he confirmed that they did a background check with the people at the footage of the Bang Tower.

“Get out.” Joohyun commanded. “No bodies no declaration of death.”

“Joohyun, that’s a large range ballistic model missile. Twice larger than what North Koreans has.” Siwon said. “that could possibly cremated their body after the explosion.”

Joohyun left the conference hall. Hoping that Taehyung might already picked up the meals that she prepared but as soon as she reached her floor and rushed to the kitchen she fell after her knees became weak seeing the packed meal still on her table.

Wendy was able to send the military off and informed them that they will be participating once they study the evidences furtherly. Even her can’t believe even the evidences was strong that the vehicle where the beings were exploded with the missile.

Placing the files on her table, she saw the sweets and chips that Yoongi bought for her. “Where is Joy and Seulgi?”

“Seulgi’s surgery is ongoing when the military declared our participation at the urgent meeting.” Wendy said as she tried to hold back her tears.

“Why are you crying? They’re not dead.” Joohyun said. “Areum inform Professor Yeri to meet us at my balcony. We will be going to Seoul.”

The three Professors reached Jin’s home and Taeyeon politely opened the door for them. The Professors managed to smile at the person who take good care of the beings. None of them would wanted to inform her.

“Aunt Taeyoen can we talk to Jin?”

“Well I am not sure if he’s around. He and his brothers were awake at 3 am and I made some cup of coffee from them before they leave.” Taeyeon said. “They might be at the island by now?”

“Oh.” Wendy said. “Probably. Anyway there’s something that I need to get at Yoongi’s room.”

“Well that will be ok I guess? You guys are friends. Suit yourself. Mingyu and I are leaving for his entrance exam at the university.” Taeyeon said as she politely welcomed them to their home.

Yoongi and Jin’s room might have different doors but their rooms are interconnected. As Wendy entered Yoongi’s room, Joohyun fell on her knees.

The place is messy, with some papers scattered on the floor, unresolved equations at the board, sketches of coordinates and possible direction of missiles.

“They knew that this is going to happen.” Joohyun said between her gulps. What made her cry more was the untouched packed meal that she prepared for Taehyung just yesterday.

“We need to clean up. If the investigators found this they might use this against the beings.” Yeri suggested with a flat affect.

Picking up the papers one by one, Wendy managed to hold back her tears. She unplugged Yoongi’s laptop and the screen appeared. “Ways to decrease level of sensitiveness in women during menstruation.” She smiled with regret. So she slammed the laptop and let herself cry.

They were fine Professors when they entered Jin’s home but when they go out they are wearing sunglasses to cover their swollen eyes while carrying the stuffs of the beings that they packed.

It is already passed lunch time and Seulgi’s operation was successfully done an hour before and Joy didn’t even mind to wait outside Jin’s private laboratory still wearing the surgical cap that she forgot to doff as soon as the operation was done.

“Professor Joy.” A junior Professor greeted her again.

“hi.” Joy greeted back politely as she massage her shoulders.

“Seems like you came out from a long surgery, you should take a rest first.”

“No I am going to be fine. I just need to talk to Professor Jin.” Joy assured her.

But an hour has passed by and Jin hasn’t come out from his private laboratory and Joy couldn’t find again the courage to knock on  his door.

“Unnie,” Yeri forced a smile as she greeted Joy.

“Annyeong.” Joy greeted her lively even if she’s already tired. “What’s with that face? You look so fake.”

“Well.”

Joy yawn really deep. “I am kind a sleepy can you knock at Jin’s door? I need to talk to him about something.”

Yeri lowered her head and walked towards Jin’s private laboratory. She pulled out Jin’s ‘s sign name on the doors of the private lab and replaced it with “vacant”

“What’s happening?” Joy asked Yeri still wearing a smile on her face.

Yeri couldn’t even look at Joy’s eye and attempted to walk away from her. “Sorry.”

“Yah Yeri-aa what’s the matter?” Joy asked her. “Why are you vacating Jin’s private lab?” Joy snatched Jin’s logo from Yeri.

“Give it back.”

“You’re not supposed to be here. Your expertise is under the e-tronics department.” Joy refused to give it back as she hides it on her back.

“Unnie, the beings are gone.” Yeri confessed with a he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter