MEETING AND BETRAYAL

HEART OR BRAIN?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day while everyone is preparing for their departure, Seulgi’s phone kept on ringing which she totally ignored as all of them except Yeri. “Just pick up the call. He might be worried.” Wendy said.

Joohyun rolled her eyes and put her suitcase and bags on the cart. “I wish he really is.”

As soon as Seulgi pick up the call and press the loud speaker “Yah!” he exclaimed. “I already told you Bae Joohyun! The moment you cut your ties with the government they won’t have any responsibility to protect you!”  He repeated as if he’s not mentioning that over and over again.

Apparently, When Joohyun entertained the invitation from North Korea, the whole country was informed that they will be arriving there in the morning. Most of the people are against it but the government can’t do anything as The Velvet industries is an independent company supported by many countries around the world.

“Why do he sound like we’re not a citizen of this country?” Yeri asked them.

“Well when we decided to cut ties under the care of the government, it is part of the contract termination that if our lives are at stake they will not be making an effort if it involves a lot of money, exchange of lives and territory.” Wendy said.

“That’s why..” Seulgi dropped the call and faced Yeri. “I invented drones that has handy machine guns attached to it. It’s like a hi tech bodyguards.”

“Will those come with us?” Yeri asked as she observes them from the sky.

“indoors and outdoors.” Seulgi said confidently with a wink. “it senses danger and it also gestured control.”

“The aircraft is ready Professors.” Somi informed them through her headset.

The aircraft is big and spacious enough to accommodate their individual rooms, computers, gadgets, kitchen, lounging area and laboratory. There are also 20 seats that could fit at least two petite people in one seat.  “Alright Team listen up.” Joohyun said as she stands in the idle of the seats. “We will be at North Korea in less than an hour. Rules and laws are significantly different from ours so please if you can keep your mouth shut, shut up.”

She took her seat and slide down the covers of her window since she’s acrophobic. Opening her laptop, she received tons of emails from Siwon, who still tries to stop her even they have already flew away.

Yeri looked around the aircraft and wearing her informative contact lenses is a little bit disturbing for her. As soon as it recognizes faces, it automatically gives her information of each people in the aircraft.

“It bothers you isn’t it?” Joy asked as she browse through her book.

“Yes.” Yeri admit.

“Give me your phone.” Joy said and she handed it to her politely. “When this was invented by Seulgi and Wendy unnie, Joohyun unnie thought it is quite bothering to wear. So it could give access to your phone for you to modify. You can filter this out once it already informed you who’s the person it is detecting.”

“Daebak.”

“take your time.” Joy said and went back to her book.

[Area location detected. Aircraft is ready for landing.] Areum informed everyone at the aircraft. [Aircraft landed safely.]

The whole half an hour travel is really comfortable. It didn’t feel like the aircraft moved at all. The doors automatically opened and pathway lights brighten their way to the exit. “You’ll get used to it.” Seulgi whispered to Yeri’s ear.

Paving the way down the staircase, Joohyun and her team were welcomed by soldiers and their head commander. “Welcome Doctor Bae and to your team.” He salutes at them to show their gratitude for their safe arrival.

The armed drones also surrounded them to keep them safe and they already settled their presence to the head commander before they arrived. “We will be glad to send you to your hotel and the rest of your team.”

“The senior inventors and scientists will be staying at the aircraft to build our respective cubicles. We from the lead quarters would wanted to see the subjects.”

“If that’s what you wish.” The head commander said and leaded the way to their laboratory.

They reached North Korean’s laboratory that is situated below the subways. They were welcomed by the country’s scientist and even they don’t have clear communication outside their country they have heard about the velvet industries.

“It’s nice to see you professors. We placed the subjects in different rooms and you may check them one by one.”

“We will be divided.” Wendy said. “One professor for each room.”

“sure.” She gladly said.

When everyone went to their respective rooms, Joohyun found a 6 feet tall container inside the room with a clear window to look at the subject. She looked at it and wondered where could the subject be. “Excuse me.” She asked the man standing and looking at her. “Where’s the subject?” Their eyes met and they stared each other for a while. Joohyun waiting for an answer and him? Just staring, so she went out from Subject 0001’s room. “There’s no subject inside the container.” She reported.

“That’s impossible Doctor Bae, when their ship landed on our mountains, all five containers has human liked subjects inside it.” The scientist said.

“It wasn’t a meteorite?” Joohyun asked.

“No. it is a space ship.” The scientist run to the room and realized that the subject 0001’s container is empty. She checked the container and noticed that it is still sealed and locked. “it’s still locked. We haven’t touched this and waited for your arrival.”

Checking the CCTV no one entered subject 0001’s room and no one tried to unlock its container since it was placed there. Joohyun doesn’t believe in magic. She thinks that it is just one of the North Korean’s tactics and she hated it. “Well if the subject is not there. Can I just please checked what’s inside that container so I will have something to do?”

Going back to the room. She observed the container and realized that the materials is not only made by cheap plastic or wood. “I think it’s a protective container.” She assumed. Unlocking the container and opening it wide, a thick transparent liquid came out inside it scattering the floor. “Can you get me a sample of this one?” Joohyun ordered. “Lead me to your laboratory, I want to check what is this fluid.”

“But it’s 6 floors below here. Will that be ok?”

“Better than an hour of bus ride.” The laboratory was too low tech for Joohyun but she wouldn’t waste a time to go back to the aircraft as she is dying to know what could be the fluid in that container. “Daebak.” She said as she observes the substance using a microscope.

“This fluid is something like a product to preserve.” She explained. “If a living organism will soak in this, it will temporarily stop the functioning of the body and will preserve the body to its normal state.” She said. She used a tweezer to remove a microorganism in the substance and the substance moved within 10 seconds. “Tell everyone not to open the containers!” Joohyun ordered as she failed to contact her team through her earpiece.

--

“Ooh it’s a man.” Seulgi said as she observes the face of Subject 0002 from the glass window of the container. Unconscious but obviously breathing, Seulgi ordered to bring Subject 0002 on the examination table and just like how the fluid scattered around the testing room at Subject 0001’s room it also did at the room where Seulgi is.

Subject 0002 is placed on the examination table. His ankles and wrist were metal cuffed. Seulgi placed the pads of her fingers on his arm. “The suit is attached to the skin.” She said. “It’s a protective suit.” She gasped in amazed. “Give me your gun.” She asked the soldier who followed her inside but he decline. “I am ordering you to shoot the subject.”

The scientist and the soldiers at the same room looked at each other. “It’s part of the examination.” She said.

So the soldier pulled out his gun and aimed for the leg but after the gun shot, no blood came out from his leg which means the bullet didn’t even penetrate his skin. “I was right.” Seulgi said with a smile and picked up the bullet from the floor.

And since the subject’s body can’t longer detect the fluid that temporary made him brain dead, most of his organs started functioning. He’s slowly breathing and that’s pretty obvious as his chest expands slowly.

“It’s breathing.” The scientist said.

“He wasn’t before?” Seulgi asked. “I should’ve checked the vitals first I was so amazed by the suit.” She said. Placing her finger tips on The subject’s pulse he suddenly twitched from her touch.

Realizing he couldn’t move freely, he opened his eyes forcefully and the lights that is directly pointed to him hurt his eyes. He started to shout and became out of control.

“sedatives!” Seulgi yelled ordering the scientist.

But as soon as the scientist pulled it out from her pocket, Subject 0002 already detached himself at the examination table which made everyone tremble. He pulled his other hand and his lower limbs as well and he detached quickly. His body expands as well as the bulk of his muscles too.

Doors are made with knobs to be opened but he pulled it without an effort. “That’s a 50kgs doo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter