IMAGE

HEART OR BRAIN?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If there’s something Jin and Yoongi have in common, it is they’re both genius. Both of them just pull everything that would benefit them at the library and luckily, Yejin was very entertaining to eager readers sometimes she offers a cup of coffee or tea and even remind them that they could ask for more if they wished to.

The entrance examination sponsored by The Velvet Industries is about to start and Yoongi arrived an hour earlier. While Jin confidently made his way to the other wing bringing his topical invention which he has no doubt that will work.

While waiting for the gates to be open before the central station, Yoongi was standing calmly and was trying to recall whatever he was able to gather from the books that he quickly browsed.

“I am sorry.” A woman bumped to her accidentally. She’s too tense and bothered.

“It’s fine. Are you alright?” He asked worriedly. Since her pupils are dilated, her hands are shaking and her sweats from her forehead are dripping.

“no. I am not.” She admitted. “I am Heize by the way.”

“Oh… I am Yoongi.” He at least forced a smile but he couldn’t figure out why is she feeling that way.

“I know I just met you but I am like this because I already failed the written examination twice.” Heize confessed and somehow it made her feel better. “I wonder what comes to the examiner’s mind to make such nerve wrecking exams.” She said between her awkward joke.

“Honestly, I don’t see any reason of you to feel that way. You’re here because you’re given another chance to take the exam.” Yoongi said. “and it won’t help you if you let your fears and anxiety ruled over your body.”

“Right. You’re right.” Heize agreed.

[EXAMINEES, THE GATES ARE ABOUT TO OPEN AS THE EXAMS ARE ABOUT TO START…] The examination process is even computer generated. Slight movements of the examinees are being monitored and can be sensed by drones just in case any form of cheating is about to happen.

Hundreds of examinees paved their way to the testing hall. Where hologram screens are already prepared per seat. “Good luck Yoongi.”

“To you as well.”

On the other hand, Jin’s name was called by a computer generated program and he was given direction at the bioroom where he will present his topical invention.

“Oh wow, for the past years that I’ve been a panelist it’s my first time to see a handsome applicant like you.” Fei complimented his looks.

Placing his materials on the table, he have his frog with him and the topical mixture that he made. “Hello everyone I am Jin and I am here to show you the effectiveness of this topical mixture that I made. It can heal open wounds or cuts faster than its normal healing.”

“Impressive.” Min compliments him already as soon as he introduced what he did but most of her is doubting.

“This topical mixture is made of reprogram protein that can also be seen on dog’s saliva.” Cutting the frog’s skin to bleed, he spread some topical solution and the cut that he made caused to heal slowly.

“Are we not seeing magic?” Fei asked and she moved closer.

“That’s brilliant.” Min added and she offered her hand gesturing Jin to surrender his knife. She did the same thing as he did and the healing process happened right before their eyes.

“I am speechless.” Fei said between her laugh.

“Just one question. Why did you use frog as a test subject instead of monkey or rats?” Min asked. “I believe if this will be reproduce your main market should be people.”

“I am confident that this also works to any human skin.” Jin said.

“Prove it.” Min dare him and lift her sleeves exposing her forearm to Jin to be cut.

“I apologize Professor but your skin is so good as a shining diamond. I can’t afford to mark that.” He refused.

“Me too, but my integrity and image as the industries’ evaluator will also be at sake if I accepted you and your work turns out to be a failure.” Min said. “Cut my forearm or lose your chance to be a Professor at the island.”

“but.” Jin can’t trust himself. If he smells a blood of a mammal, he will totally lose it and he will be out of control.

 “I am being impatient.” Min said.

Jin can’t just walk out. He badly wanted to walk out but he doesn’t want to come home without offering some good news to Mingyu and Taeyeon. He was able to make the topical agent only because Mingyu lend him his savings and if he found out that he failed to make it at the island, Mingyu will be totally disappointed on him.

With all of his courage, he held firmly on Min’s wrist and cut it with a scalpel slowly. She started to bleed and even if he tried to hold his breath, the scent of the blood just travel inside his nose.

He let go of her wrist and lowered his head. Holding himself not to drowned into the pulling scent of the mammal’s blood and when his fangs is about to come out, it stopped.

“It took so long for you to put the topical agent and so I did.” Min said

And that’s when he realized that the cut was already healed causing him to prevent himself to turn himself into a beast. “Miane, I felt so dizzy.”

“Congratulations Mr, Jin, you are now one of the Junior Professors of The Velvet Industries and I am glad to assign you at the bioresearch department. Here’s your ID it will also serve as your pass inside the island and your Keycard to your unit.”

On the other hand, Jimin gets off the Island earlier than expected as he was excited to show Seulgi the new relocated bake shop.

“I am so sorry I didn’t know that your place was demolished. If I only knew I should’ve prevented that to happen.” Seulgi apologized.

“It’s fine. We were able to make our way through it.” Jimin tried to cheer her up. “We’re here.” He proudly said as he extended his arms.

Seulgi managed to force a smile but she pity him for being so happy with the tiny bakeshop.  “Nice. May I come in?”

“Sure. We just have to squeeze ourselves inside.”

“Just twisting my body gives me a tour at your workplace.” Seulgi said.

“Cool isn’t it?”

“Yes.” She lied.

“Well I want to show you how I make bread.” Jimin said. “You have to be patient since there’s a lot of waiting after kneading.”

“Of course. I am excited.”

But Jimin was so small to reach for the pack of flour that he will use. Sunny placed it at the top of the shelves using two steps of folding ladder.

“Do you need a hand?”

“No. I can get this.” He confidently said tiptoed and when his fingertip reached the flour he accidentally spilled everything causing him to be coated powdered white by it.

“oh my, are you alright?” Seulgi asked laughing.

“Are you making fun of me?” Jimin asked and coughs some flour that went inside his mouth.

“No. oh my, you did a mess.” Seulgi tried her best to hold her laughter but Jimin’s cute mistake just make it hard for her.

“You know what’s funny?” Jimin took the bag from the flour grasped some flour and throw it to Seulgi.

“Omo!”

And the next thing that happened was they had a flour fight causing the mini bake shop to be covered with flour.

“What’s happening here?” Sunny asked as she was surprised to see her mini bake shop.

“Aunt Sunny..” Jimin bowed at her and approached her. “This is Seulgi, she’s my girlfriend and Seulgi she is Sunny she’s my Boss.”

Seulgi pursed her lips out of embarrassment she forgot that her whole body was covered with flour even her face that caused her to slightly taste the raw flour from her lips. “Annyeonghasaeyo.”

Sunny folded her arms. “hi..” she said in a firm tone expressing why she’s not pleased with what just happened.

“Uhm.. Jimin, this isn’t the right time to feel comfortable.” Seulgi said as she notice him smiling.

“Ooh.” Jimin quickly take back his smile. “I am sorry Aunt Sunny, I will clean up this mess.”

“of course you should. You know you didn’t just make a mess here. You also waste a percentage of our income.” Sunny reminded him. “I’ll be going to the store to buy more ingredients.”

“Ne. miane.” Jimin apologized once again. Turning his back to Seulgi. “Don’t worry she’s not really that bad, she’s nice. Its just that we did something wrong.”

“I know and I shouldn’t have let this happen.” Seulgi said. “You know what it’s Sunday. Let’s open the store to earn what we wasted.”

“You sure about that?”

“You bake and I’ll take orders and cash.” Seulgi said.

Meanwhile, Jin came back rushing to the basement after he managed himself to get a taxi. Banging the doors open he surprised Mingyu and Taeyeon who are currently troubled to calculate their money.

“Look!” Jin proudly said as he flaunt his ID to them.

“You made it!” taeyeon proudly said as if she was about to cry.

“For goodness sake how did you do that?” Mingyu asked as he gently take it from Jin.

“Let’s get out of here.” Jin said.

“What?” Mingyu looked at him.

“You said that if I made it there, we will have a better home and I will be rich.” Jin reminded him.

“Well it is easier to apply some loan specially when they found out that you’re from the industries.” Mingyu said.

“Then let’s find a better home.” Jin excitedly said.

“Jin…” Taeyeon smiled at him. “Are you really sure you want us to be around? You’re not obligated to feed us nor support us financially. We can stay here and just visit us if you want to.”

“No, Aunt Taeyeon and Mingyu you should come with me and Aunt Sunny as well.” Jin said. “Look I also have my key card at my unit at the island.”

“You really did come here first to tell us that you passed before you check your unit at the island?” Mingyu asked him.

“Of course.” Jin affirmed. “Here, I also have this card as well. They told me my professional fee will be place here.”

Browsing some locations and nearest area to the central station that connects the island and Seoul, they finally found a place where they could stay. Jin decided to purchase a 5 floor building with a rooftop that could accommodate them.

 “I can’t believe we’re already staying at a real home.” Mingyu said.

“Come on if the hub wasn’t demolished we still have our real home.” Jin said. “Aunt Taeyeon we can use the first floor for the barbecue hub and Aunt Sunny’s bakery as well.”

“Are you really sure of this Jin? I really feel ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter