AWAY

HEART OR BRAIN?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I want to stop this treatment.” Joohyun directly looked at Jennie to make sure that she made herself clear and precise. “I want the ground inspectors back at the Lead quarters.”

Jennie is not stupid and she knew that Joohyun is completely pissed about something that she’s not sure of. “Doctor Bae, you don’t understand. This treatment was started upon your referral but that doesn’t mean that you also have the rights to cancel it just the way you want to.”

“Can’t I just ask you to stop this as your friend?” Joohyun asked her nicely.

But Jennie shakes her head. “This isn’t just a simple treatment Doctor Bae. This is a lifetime treatment. The ground inspectors are already beginning their lives from their current capabilities.” She defended. “Could you please at least tell me what could be the reason of your sudden decision?”

“I don’t like the way they’re being exposed to a lot of people. You know that it’s part of their job not to be known by anyone.” Joohyun alibied.

Jennie pouted to express how she was not satisfied by Joohyun’s reason. “I apologized Doctor Bae but the only one who could cancel this treatment is their guardian or relatives. We can’t decide for them. You know how this works.”

“and besides they’re not enjoying their lives as a ground inspectors.” Lisa added as she walks passed by Jennie and Joohyun drying her hair with a towel.

Joohyun’s eyeballs followed her as she leads herself to Jennie’s bedroom and shift her gaze back to Jennie again. “Excuse me this is a place where Professionals are molding inventions for the betterment of the future.”

“I didn’t forget that.” Jennie assured her.

“and you and Lisa?”

“Oh please don’t tell me you haven’t bring anyone in the island just to stare at each other the whole time.” Jennie said. “She’s my girlfriend and my unit is my home. Outside my unit is my work.”

Joohyun just feel totally guilty hearing Jennie’s remarks and all the things that she and Taehyung did secretly just run in her mind. “Fine.” Joohyun said firmly. “But for the sake that I didn’t waste my time here I just want to let you know that I am not satisfied with the treatment.”

“Geez she entered without knocking and left slamming my doors.” Jennie said after her tongue clicks.

Marching the hallway to the elevator to the Lead quarter’s, Joohyun still wear an expression that no one would wanted to paint. Pressing the elevator button as many as she could in second just make her so pissed that the doors won’t yet open for her.

As soon as she gave up, the elevator opened and the half drunk Seulgi greeted her. “You’re still awake?”

“So how was your stay outside the island? Seemed like you enjoyed it.” Joohyun told her.

Seulgi smiled at her as if she was teasing her. “I really do. For the longest time of my stay here it is the first time that I was able to pursue my social life and my work.”

“Sounds fun.”

“Sounds sarcastic.” Seulgi said between her giggles.

Joohyun remained silent until the elevator doors opened to the Lead Quarter’s. Seulgi walks faster than her only to block her and stop her from walking. “Alright, tell me about it.”

Joohyun made a deep sigh and faked a smile. “Just forget it Seul, I am sorry for being so sarcastic.”

“No, come on Joohyun.” Seulgi insisted.

“You won’t understand.” Joohyun said but she regret.

“I am not letting you in your floor until we talked about this.” Seulgi firmly said.

Meanwhile at Wendy’s floor, she decided to run through with some of her inventions and documents before she could wash up. If there’s one thing that she does to unwind, it is to work. Eyes are glued on the screens and fingers are fidgety on the keyboards only until her floor doorbell rings.

“Grant access.” Wendy ordered.

“Professor Son, it’s me Rose.” She introduced herself.

  Wendy politely, slides a cup of tea that she offered to Rose which she gladly accepted and thanked her for it. “If there’s anything else I could offer kindly let me know.”

“Ne.” Rose responded quickly and took a sip on her tea just to warm up her brain a bit for her to raise her concerns to Wendy.

“So..”

“It’s about the ground inspectors.” Rose said as soon as she placed her cup of tea on her table. “I apologize for the my quick words.. I should have..” She embarrassed herself.

“No please. What about them?”

“I am sorry Professor Wendy, but this isn’t the first time that Doctor Bae visited Doctor Jennie to request the cancellation of the treatment.” Rose confessed with a heavy heart.

“Oh.” Wendy was totally clueless what acceptable reason she could provide to Rose but she can’t. She’s not even aware that Joohyun even personally talked to Jennie about the halting of the treatment. “Well, we haven’t discussed about it but that was the plan.”

Rose made a nervous sigh. “Are we failing to satisfy you with our treatment plan?”

“No.” Wendy quickly responds.

“Then why?” Rose zip another from the cup only to realized that she already finished her tea from her last sip, so she just put it down.

“Trust me Professor Rose, we’re more than impressed with your treatment plan.” Wendy said. “Maybe we would check the improvement personally to the ground inspectors so we could understand more of this treatment.”

Rose wasn’t able to get the answer that she wanted to hear but since it’s pretty late and she don’t want to bother Wendy anymore who obviously totally troubled finding the answer to her concerns, she made herself out of her floor and walk back to her deck.

On Rose’s way she found Yoongi dragging a luggage of his stuffs and his ID. “Yoongi?” She said and approached him.

“Oh Professor Rose, annyeonghasaeyo.” He bowed at her. “Why are you still awake at this hour?”

“I just went to Professor Wendy for some concerns. I can see you’re wearing the Velvet industries’ uniform.”

“Oh yes, I passed the written entrance exam.” He proudly said. “But I am lost. Can you help me find my deck?”

“Yes sure.” Rose willingly said as she starred in his ID. “You’re currently at the Medhealth deck. Mindtech’s deck is 2 floors below here.”

“Oh. Thank you.” He smiled.

“Well good luck Yoongi I hope you will be able to retain your stay here.” Rose said.

“What do you mean by that?” He worriedly asked.

“Not to scare you but written exams passers are not yet subjected for a residency in the industries.” She pursed her lips. “Basically all you have to do for the mean time is to do a lot of research and inventions and there will be wash out protocol every 6 months.”

“So this ID will still be taken away from me?” Yoongi worriedly said.

“Mine as well.” Rose confessed. “I thought I was lucky to be in Doctor Jennie’s team but it seems like we’re not doing well.” Since the fear of being out of the island makes her too emotional, she excused herself and walked away from Yoongi.

[BREAKING] Electricity supply in Seoul, South Korea is down due to possible overload of the main power source. However no evidences were found that could support this cause. The authorities are still asking for further days for them to give a possible answer.

Moreover, toasted body of humans were found at the food streets and according to their autopsy all of the body collected were electrocuted. It seems like these people happened to have contact with a high voltage of electricity.

Jin switched off the television and made a heavy sigh. “What went wrong last night?”

“I am sorry, I didn’t know this could happen. I shouldn’t come with Seulgi to the Central station.” Jimin said as he starred at Jungkook who is currently unconscious lying inside a glass cubicle that they made.

His body is involuntary releasing high voltage of electricity surrounding him. His clothes are partially burned due to the heat that he is producing. 

While they’re in the middle of finding out what could possibly happen to Jungkook, Mingyu rushed on their floor that he almost fell on the stairs and knocked at them as many as he could. “Pleas open up!” Mingyu yelled.

Taehyung calmly opened the door and he received a sudden tight embrace from Mingyu. “You okay?”

He nods. “I thought you were also barbecued last night. I thought I was dreaming but I am not. The news says it all.”

“None of us were hurt so please calm down.” Jimin assured him.

“Oh. What about Jungkook? Where is he? After I collected more beers last night he was no longer at our table.” He asked.

“Hang over.” Jin blocked the door so he wont have a chance to get inside anymore. “He’s horrible when he’s suffering from hangover. He curse, he pukes and he throws punches.”

“Oh.” Mingyu embraced himself. “I’ll be preparing some breakfast downstairs. Have something to eat before you go to the island.” He alibied and rushed downstairs.

Joohyun and Seulgi didn’t realize that the sun is about to shine while they’re having conversation. Joohyun wanted the treatment to be completely terminated but Seulgi is opposing it. “Joohyun, we can’t stop them to adapt in our planet.” She convinced her. “that’s no longer our control if they decide to leave us or not to stick with us.”

“You just don’t get it Kang Seulgi. Maybe you wanted this because Jimin is adapting in the way that you want to.” Joohyun firmly assumed. “But not in my case. Taehyung is with some other woman last night and he’s not talking to me.”

“He has a job to do Unnie.” Seulgi defended him.

“That’s not an excuse.” Joohyun responded back. She would badly wanted to add more but her phone keeps on distracting her and she has no choice but to pick up the call.

“It’s me.”

Joohyun rolled her eyes after hearing Siwon’s voice. “What?”

“We need your assistance of the high electricity voltage that barbecued a lot of people and caused the electricity supply in Seoul to overload.”

“What?” Joohyun tone changes and she exchanged look with Seulgi. “Areum, access on the latest articles about Seoul.”

“It also caused buildings to burn.” Siwon added. “Also, we tried to investigate and we were informed that the voltage that travel around Seoul was impossible to be produce at the power plant.”

“I’ll get back to you.” Joohyun said and dropped the call.

Joohyun gathered all the information that she could. Assume and calculated the future activities of the weather and the presence of possible lightning that could somehow struck the grounds of Seoul but she couldn’t.

She was left with no choice but to check every CCTV installed around the area of foodstreet where a lot of people were toasted but she couldn’t find any footage that could possibly help her because bef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter