PROHIBITED

HEART OR BRAIN?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rose managed to bring the humans to the place where they will be staying. “Welcome to your apartment Professors.” She lively said.

The place isn’t bad at all. It is spacious, good enough for 7 of them. They also have their own bedrooms to sleep and some spacious shared space for living room and kitchen.

As soon as Rose secured the place, Joy doff her suit and freaked out. “How come Jin was that thin? And his eyes… it was brown when I last saw him.”

The other Professors were also emotional and felt bad that the beings doesn’t look good as they were back in earth and seeing that Joy couldn’t calm down, everyone stared at Rose.

“Oh I am sorry I didn’t know that I was supposed to give an answer.” She apologized and sit beside Joy. “You see, since the day that we left, he stopped eating and based from his regular check up he’s depress and that caused him not to crave for food.”

“Well, let’s just tell everyone that we’re around. If he finds out that his bride is here, he might have an appetizing meal.” Joy suggested.

“Joy stop.” Joohyun calmly said as she exhales. “If we reveal ourselves they will try to protect us. You all know that we’re illegal here and we can’t drag the beings with our prohibited decisions.”

“Joohyun unnie is right. We should set aside our emotions for the mean time.” Wendy agreed.

“Let’s just wait for my proposal. I’ll file it as soon as I get to my place tonight.” Rose felt relieve that it wasn’t difficult for the Lead Professors to be convinced.

--

The next morning, Yeji and Lia arrived with some groceries and cooked meal that Rose asked them to bring at the Lead Professor’s apartment.

“I’ll pack this away in your fridge.” Yeji volunteered.

“How was your first night here?” Lia curiously asked.

Joohyun forced a smile. “It wasn’t easy Lia. I couldn’t sleep at all. I was worried about your Dad.”

“Lia, is there any way I could see Jin today?” Joy asked.

“Joy will you please stop looking so desperate?” Wendy said annoyingly. She has been complaining all night and the way she worries bothered everyone.

“I could ask him to visit here but I can’t force him.” Lia politely said.

“What about if I could go to his place?”

“It’s not going to be that easy. Uncle Jin lives at the executive decks where only officials are allowed to get in and out.” Yeji explained.

“So how am I going to be part of high officials?” Joy asked.

“either you study in the academy or volunteer as a ground inspector and get promoted to reach the base deck, then the middle deck, to the higher deck and you will surely earn your pass to the executive deck.”

“So there’s no easy way for us to..” Wendy asked.

“If you entered the military you’ll be automatically situated at the middle deck.” Lia informed them.

And Yeji suddenly became quiet as if she lost her motivation to serve the Professor’s breakfast at the table and that was quickly noticed by Seulgi.

The food was surprisingly tasty and somehow the Lead Professors were able to enjoy their meal. Jinyoung and Lia volunteered to was the dishes and Yeji took some time to stare at the window alone which some of the Lead Professors didn’t notice because they were busy orienting themselves with the norms and laws of the worlds beyond the sun.

Except Seulgi. “Are you alright?” She asked.

“Ne, I am fine Mom.” Yeji lied. “Its just it’s my first time here in this kind of apartment.”

Seulgi comfortably smiled at her. “I am your Mom you can tell me everything.”

“It’s the military.” She exhaled as if it was a relieve that she could finally share her worries to someone. “I don’t want to be part of it but I don’t want to disappoint Dad either.”

“You’re not disappointing anyone Yeji.” Seulgi said. “You have the right to do what best interests you.”

Yeji frowned. “I am sorry.” She said as if she was about to cry. “But I think I should enlist and once I’m done I am going to tell Dad to allow me to do what I want.”

“Yeji, do you think you Dad wants you to military because he wants to?” She got a nod in return. “You’re wrong. He’s only doing that so he could keep an eye on you.”

“Did I worried him too much for being missing?”

“That’s natural for a parent.” Seulg said. “How about this… I’ll join you in the military. I will enlist too.”

“But Mom…”

“We’ve been parted for so many years, how about let’s do things together from now on?” Seulgi suggested.

The apartment doorbell’s rings, Lia was supposed to attend the entrance until, “Good morning beings. This is Doctor Jin, the Head of the health section.”

Lia and Yeji rushed to hide and everyone in the room worn their suits. Everyone was staring at Joy expecting her to attend the entrance but she lost her courage.

“Good morning.” Joohyun pressed the access and greeted Jin confidently.

“Hi. Thank you for attending the entrance for me.” Jin said. “May I come in?”

“I am so..”

“Of course.” Joy interrupted Joohyun and even gestured to take a seat.

Jin lowered his head to Joohyun and gets inside to at least give respect to her since its obvious that she doesn’t want him to come in.

“First, I would like to thank you for letting me in.” He pointed Joy. “I am here to discuss our norms and laws here in the SAFE League.”

“I am sorry Doctor Jin but we’ll appreciate if you leave our place now.” Wendy said.

“This won’t take long.” Jin insisted. “You see, we’re an organization that studies different kinds of beings so we could identify which world you can fully spend your life.”

“I think we made ourselves clear. We don’t want to be part of the study.” Yeri reminded him.

The doorbell rings again before Jin could insist again. “Good morning everyone this is Professor Rose.”

Joohyun run back at the access buttons and allowed Rose’s entrance. She came inside and walked towards Jin. “I knew you’ll be here.”

Everyone in the room was really thankful that Rose arrived to stop Jin.

“That’s a rude way to enter the occupied place Professor Rose, access doesn’t mean you’re allowed to enter they verbally approved.” Jin reminded her.

“I think I am very welcome to put you out here.” Rose confidently informed him. “Jin..”

“I am wearing my uniform.” Jin reminded her.

“Doctor Jin, these beings doesn’t want to be studied.” Rose politely reminded him. “They already prohibited any form of research and queries regarding their biology.”

“Because they do not yet understand the purpose of the research and tests. That’s why I am here to discuss it to them.” Jin reasoned out.

“You’re giving me no choice Doctor Jin.” Rose tapped her earpiece as she strongly gazed at Jin. “Captain, this is Professor Rose from the health section. I am reporting a breach of rights here at Apartment 21.”

“What the hell Professor Rose!” Jin exclaimed. “I’ve never been so disrespected.”

Minutes passed and the sirens from the legal section arrived and surrounded Apartment 21. No one pointed any weapon but guards lined up behind the captain who declared emergency access.  

“Hello everyone I am Captain Dohwan, SAFE League’s executive commander.” He stared at the beings surrounding him and except Rose, Jin and his guards everyone are unusual.

“Good morning Captain.” Jin greeted him with respect.

“I am sorry Captain, this might be such a minor complain for your presence but Doctor Jin is getting out of hand.” Rose explained. “These being’s kinds aren’t determined because they don’t want to be studied and Doctor Jin is being unethical.”

“That’s absurd. I am here to discuss our vision and purpose. Professor Rose is taking this the wrong way.” Jin defended himself. “I never even harm anyone.”

“Professor. Doctor.” The Captain looked at them alternately. “Having unknown kind of beings in our apartment, you should be responsible in portraying appropriate behavior. Both of you debating in front of them might be a factor of confusion whether the League can be trusted or not.” Dohwan firmly explained and looking at the new beings. “We’re sorry.” He apologized.

“It’s fine. We just wanted to be alone.” Joohyun said.

“Anyway, The SAFE League isn’t a permanent home for every beings. We’re giving temporary home for beings that couldn’t find a world to live yet.” Do hwan said. “If you wanted to stay here, and don’t want to be studied please identify your roles and responsibilities that will benefit the League and the beings from the world beyond the sun.”

“Captain, you’re allowing them to earn titles?” Jin was furious.

“We do not orphan parasites Doctor Jin. if their biology is unknown well let them sign an agreement for the consequences of doings that they can or can’t control.” Do hwan exhaled out of frustration. “This conversation is over. Have a good day.”

The unknown beings bowed as what they were used to do from the culture of South Koreans.

“Doctor Jin, please leave.” Rose said.

“Professor Rose, I hope this wont happen again in the future. More than a colleague, we’re family.”

“I am wearing my uniform.” Rose firmly said and gestured the way to the exit.

Jin leave and said good bye to everyone but he didn’t apologize for the argument that he had with Rose.

“waah. That was quite scary.” Jinyoung said.

“Don’t be scared when you see him. He’s just confident because of his power and rights as a Captain. He earned his position from his late father but in general he’s incompetent.” Rose explained.

“That’s why his decisions seemed to be so reasonable but lacking.” Joy nods as she agrees to Rose.

“and the reason why I called him was because he never agrees to any of Jin’s decisions.” Rose said. “He has been jealous to Jin ever since he was young.”

“For the reason?”

“For the reason that Jin has been spending so much time with the late Captain Jin was supposed to be the one next in line but he didn’t accept it to give respect for the late Capatin’s son.”

“Tragic.” Wendy shrugged her shoulders.

“I just feel bad.” Joohyun emotionally said. “When they were new to our worlds, I was eager to send them away but look at them, they’re trying their best to reach out for us to live.”

“Don’t feel bad Doctor Bae, you were the one who taught them this.” Rose pat her back.

--

“They bow as a form of giving respect.” Jin reported to his office.

“That’s all?” Jungkook asked. “You were there for more than an hour and this is all that you got?”

“Well I am sorry Inspector JK, I was already there to discuss the League’s vision and then Professor Rose appear reporting me to the Captain.”  

“Ooooh, I can picture a confident but incompetent Captain.” Jungkook said between his giggles.

“Stop calling him that.” Jin warned him.

[Patient 0001 vital signs normalizing..] Jin was informed and he immediately rushed to his health lab.

He almost bumped to Rose on his way but still managed to greet them professionally since they’re both wearing uniforms.

Taehyung hears the sound of the machine, by the smell of the place he already knew he’s no longer at the Rebel’s craft.

“Taehyung can you hear me?” Jin asked.

Taehyung was too weak to answer so he only responds with nod.

“The programmed proteins were already dissolved but the organs are still severely damaged.” Rose reported.

“His organs are capable of self healing. No surgery will be performed.” Jin added.

“He might be discharge on the following week with strict monitoring and rest.” Rose included. “I think we should hire him a caregiver.”

“Caregiver? Lia is around she can just…”

“Lia, will re enroll in the academy and will be attending her classes regularly.” Rose interrupted her.

“Oh yea, I forgot she’s been missing for a year.” Jin shakes his head. “Teenagers.”

“Stop blaming their age for their actions. It’s not the kids fault that you spent yours hunting and hibernating.”

“Where is Lia?” Taehyung finally had the strength to say a word.

“Yes, Lia.. I’ll call her.” Rose said.

With Rose’s surprised, Lia didn’t come alone. She arrived dragging her Mom along. “You really brought that robot with you?”

“Uncle Jin she’s not a robot.” Lia said as she walks to the hallway to Taehyung’s room.

“Lia.” Jin blocked their way. “Your privilege to have access in executive deck doesn’t give you the right to tag any THING with you.”

“Uncle Jin just ple

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter