PREPARATION

HEART OR BRAIN?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fortunately, Jungkook’s condition got better and he got already discharged from Joy’s health lab. He’s alone at the Hexahome recalling what happened at the power plant. Until Jin came and interrupted him from his thoughts.

“Hey.” Jin called his attention. “Are you feeling better?”

“I am.” Jungkook said. “Did I harm anyone again?”

“No..” Jin assured him. “But there’s something that you need to know.”

Learning from Jin that Yeri became his negative charge he rushed to her floor by spreading out his palms to the walls of the hallway. He was certain that Yeri made a physical contact with him when he exerted a high voltage and he just want to make sure if she’s still alive.

He pressed Yeri’s floor bell’s multiple times. Until he was given an access. “Professor Yeri?” He called her.

“Hey..” Yeri responded quickly and set aside some of the tools she is holding. She can’t help not to keep the smile on her face after seeing Jungkook just doing fine.

“Are you alright?” Yeri asked.

“I am. Are you?”

“Well I am as well.” Yeri pursed her lips. “There’s something that I need to tell you.”

“That you’re an electron now?” Jungkook interrupted her. “I apologize Professor Kim. It wasn’t my intention.”

“It’s fine. I am currently studying the connection of our biology but unfortunately that’s not my expertise and I don’t want to tell anyone about this.” Yeri said. “They might freak out.”

“I understand Professor Yeri.” Jungkook said and since Yeri doesn’t display by her voice that she feels burdened sharing Jungkook’s abilities.

“I guess I would just tell everyone once I knew how this ability works.” Yeri added

And after settling that, Jungkook recalled that it wasn’t the only thing that Jin informed him. He was also informed that they have to leave after a week just in case his plan won’t work.

That’s when he found the courage to ask Yeri out. “Do you want to walk around Seoul?”

“Walk?”

“Walk, talk, eat barbecue, go to the park.” Jungkook shrugged his shoulders.

Yeri finds it weird that Jungkook is asking her to go to Seoul with her but she don’t want to think that he’s asking her out. “I don’t have any reason to say no.” She said between her giggles.

“Alright just tell me when you’re ready.” Jungkook said and he sit down on her couch.

“Wait. Right now?” Yeri asked and after seeing Jungkook nods. “Then excuse me I have to change my clothes.”

But half an hour has already passed and Yeri has been in and out from her wardrobe being troubled what kind of clothes she’s going to wear.

She felt pissed and told herself. “Why am I bothering myself? She can’t even see what I am wearing.” She threw the dress back to her wardrobe and just decided to wear a white shirt and a denim jeans.

Yeri politely offered Jungkook a ride on her mobile but Jungkook insisted to take the train and bus instead and Yeri has no choice but to agree with him since she unconsciously agrees they should spend their time slowly.

Reaching the bus stop at Seoul, Yeri assisted Jungkook to get inside the bus. The driver realized that Jungkook is blind and since he’s with Yeri, Yeri was stopped from entering the bus and has to pay for their fee.

It wasn’t the date that Yeri imagined. She never thought that she’ll use her own money on her first date but looking at Jungkook sitting comfortably at the seat she realized she’ll be the one who will be assigned to spend today.

“Comfortable?” Yeri asked as soon as she took the seat beside him.

“Ne.”

Reaching the park, the bus doors opened and the smell of grilled meat and corn dog just passed through Jungkook’s nose. “That smells good.” He said.

“Shall we buy?”

“Ne.” Jungkook went down from the bus which made Yeri reflexively grasp his elbow.

“Yah could you be careful? You couldn’t even estimate the ground clearance from the bus.” She said.

But Jungkook ignored her and followed the smell of the barbecue. It was his first time after the incident to be in Seoul again. It was his initial plan to only spend the day with Yeri but he realized he’ll going to missed Seoul a lot.

“Yah, you just left me there.” Yeri complained at him. “Ahjumma please give me two corn dogs.”

Since the tables are all occupied, Yeri guided Jungkook to seat at the grass in front of the river. She asked him to stay there and she will buy something to drink for him.

With a bag of sodas and some bucket of chicken, Yeri went back to the place where she left Jungkook but with her surprise Jungkook isn’t around on that area. She dropped the bags and the bucket of chicken and looked for Jungkook.

She’s begins to worry, the last time he was left alone at a crowded place an incident happened and no one wants that to happen again but as she keeps on searching, a group of kids passed by her and with her surprised Jungkook was running after them.

Because of his good sense in hearing, he could follow the kids direction and he had fun playing with them. Yeri run towards him and grabbed his shirt. “Yah! I was worried looking around for you!” she realized that the corndog is still on his mouth so she pulled it from him. “Do not stick this in your mouth when you’re running! If you accidentally fall the stick my go through your throat!”

“I am sorry Professor Yeri. I just find their giggle so fun that’s why I joined them.” Jungkook apologized.

The two had their picnic continued. Yeri opened the soda for Jungkook to drink and because of him running too much chasing the kids he felt really thirsty.

“I am sorry I over reacted.” Yeri said.

“Its fine. I am sorry for making you worried as well.” Jungkook said. “Professor Yeri?”

“Ne?”

“If you’re going to leave Seoul. What are you going to miss?” Jungkook sincerely asked her.

Yeri paused for a while. Since she couldn’t get what’s with Jungkook’s question. “Uhmm was your question about saying good bye forever? Is that has something to do with that?” She scratched her head. “Cause I usually leave Seoul since I live in the island.”

“No. that’s not what I meant.” Jungkook clarified. He doesn’t want Yeri to know that he and the other beings are about to leave after a week. So instead of asking the same question he decided to reiterate it. “Let’s just put it this way. If Seoul is about to be erased in this planet. What will be the possible thing that you will regret?”

“Well if that’s the case, I’ll be regretting not to save you cause you saved my life once and I am very thankful of that.” Yeri sincerely said.

And suddenly after realizing what she have said, she felt awkward. Its not that she didn’t mean what she have said but it looks like she’s initiating to flirt towards Jungkook. Then the awkward silence surrounds the two.

“What about you?”

“Me?” Jungkook smiled. “I’ll be regretting to harm innocent beings just to save myself.”

“Oh come on don’t be harsh to yourself.” Yeri tapped his back. “No one wanted what happen Jungkook.”

“I know..”

Yeri and Jungkook decided to take a walk and as they head towards to nowhere, the crowd is increasing causing the two to unconsciously lose each other.

“Professor Yeri?” Jungkook tried to call her calmly but all he can hear are the noises that surrounds him.

People are passing by him and some are unintentionally bumping him. He lost his track. He doesn’t have a wall to predict his way and he doesn’t want to make any form of physical contact as he was afraid that he might get out of control.

Jungkook decided to focus and clear his mind. He ignore every sounds that passes through his ear and he started to feel Yeri’s connection through a slight electricity that he released from his fingertips.

He found her. Yeri was so small that she get carried away with the crowds and she couldn’t see or find his way since the people that passes by her are too tall but she’s still eager to find Jungkook.

“Professor.” Jungkook said and he locked his fingers to hers as soon as he found her.

“H-hey.” Yeri stuttered when he did that. “You can let go now. People might think we’re a thing.”

“Just tell them you’re assisting a visually impaired man.” Jungkook reasoned out.

“Ok.” Yeri said and she cleared to ease the awkwardness.

--

Yeri came back at the lead quarters before the sun goes down and she found Joy waiting outside her floor.

“Where have you been? Have you forgotten that you’re still under monitoring?” She reminded her.

“I just went out with Jungkookat Seoul.” She honestly said to lessen Joy’s worried.

“So you guys are…”

“No.” Yeri interrupted her to make her self clear. “We went out as friends.”

“Oh… right.” Joy nods to express how convinced she was. “Right, there’s nothing wrong going out with the beings right?” Joy asked her.

“I supposed?” Yeri said. “But of course its going to be weird if you and Jin went out. He’s your buddy.”

“Oh come on! Just stop calling him that.” Joy annoyingly requested.

She already feel guilty for rejecting Jin when she was asked for dinner and she feels bad as well when the lead professors addresses her connection to him like that.

“Don’t be pissed. You guys are having without emotions and feelings involved.” Yeri reminded her. “I don’t know what else I should call that.”

“Well that is not my fault. He’s the one who wanted our connection to be that way.” Joy defended herself.

“Then do something about it.” Yeri said. “If you’re already feeling like you have to put your emotions with whatever your connection could be so be it.”

“How am I supposed to do that?” Joy frowned.

“You got used to guys initiating the first move but if you think about it, Jin didn’t come from this world.”

Having Yeri’s advise, Joy decided to go straight at Jin’s private lab. She rings the doorbell twice but no one attended the door. She was having trouble if she’s going to press again or that would make her look like so desperate.

her fingertips are already on the button but before she could pressed it, Jin passed by her and entered his lab.

“Hi?” Joy said sarcastically as she finds it very unusual that he didn’t greet her.

“Hi.” Jin quickly looked at him and shifted his eyes at his monitors. “Is there anything you need?

“Well…” Joy pursed her lips. “Do you want to go out for coffee??”

“I am sorry I am busy and I don’t drink coffee.” Jin apologized and reminded her as well. He didn’t even make an effort to look at her and he just kept his eyes busy on his keyboard and monitor.

“Alright. Have a great night.” Joy forced a smile and went out from his lab.

She’s confused. Does she felt bad because Jin rejected her offer or it was just his way of revenge when she rejected him?

On the other hand, Joohyun is currently composing a request letter at one of the departments of the island, but there’s one thing that troubles her. She doesn’t know how to start, she can’t focus and words are running out from her mind.

Only because Taehyung insisted her to sit on his lap while she’s doing her work. He’s being clingy, he sniffs her scent and he gives her smooches on her arms and her back.

“Tae!” Joohyun called his attention but not in a rude tune. “This won’t work alright? You have to go to the bedroom and wait for me there.”

“No.” Taehyung said and she embraced her more tightly and even pressed her more against him.

“See! This is your intention! You want my against your groin.” She firmly said to him while pinching his cheeks. “Go to the bedroom now.”

But Taehyung didn’t comply, so both of them end up at Joohyun’s room and did what both of them has to do and even after making love, Taehyung still clings to Joohyun making it difficult for her to escape from him.

Taehyung sleep so peacefully and gently which makes it more difficult for Joohyun to leave him on her bed but she had unfinished task to do because Taehyung has been distracting her for the rest of the day.

She managed to escape with a heavy heart and went straight to her office, Turning on her laptop and started what she have left.

But in the middle of her busy task, she almost drop herself from her chair when Taehyung suddenly appeared on her couch and when she confirmed that it was him, she came near him and realized that he’s still asleep.

Waving her hands on his face, he’s still in a deep sleep and it seems like he teleported in his sleep but instead of waking him up. Joohyun just decided to cover his boyfriend and get back to his work.

The next morning, Taehyung woke up in Joohyun’s office. He looked around for Joohyun but she’s no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter