SAVING YOU MEANS GOOD BYE

HEART OR BRAIN?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun finally rises, Joohyun stretched out her arms to look for Taehyung but she realized that he’s no longer asleep by her side. Struggling to get up, she managed to search for Taehyung around the room and when she found out that he’s not around, she decided to have shower before she gets out her floor.

She the shower after she dropped her robe and let the warm water wet her skin. She indulge herself with the relaxing sensation that the warm water brings to her body.

Until Taehyung appeared behind her and kissed her neck. She flinched out of surprise that she almost fell on her but Taehyung managed to catch her and secure her against his body.

“Yah!” She said between her laugh. “You can’t just appear anywhere and do that!”

“I know.” Taehyung smiled as if he doesn’t feel any guilt after making his Prime’s heart almost drop on the floor. “But showering is quite relaxing and being with you makes me calm so I came up with an idea to have shower with you.”

“Well if you’re planning to do that again. Make sure that you will be able to catch me like that if before I fell on my back.”

“I will.” Taehyung said and he closed his eyes while elevating his head to feel the warm water from the shower.

But the shaft of his neck down to his clavicle was too y for Joohyun. That she forgot prior to entering her bathroom what she only planned was to take a bath. “I think it’s going to be relaxing more in the bath tub.”

--

Joohyun was able to bring Taehyung in her bathtub. She sits on his lap while they’re making out. “Let’s do this every morning.” Taehyung said after he pulled out to prompt Joohyun to kiss his neck.

“Of course. Let us wake up earlier than usual.” Joohyun agreed as she continue giving smooches on Taehyung’s neck.

[Doctor Bae, you are need at the conference hall by 30 mins.] Areum reminded her schedule.

Joohyun bit her lips after hearing that since Taehyung has been very clingy for the past days she missed some meetings that she have re scheduled and re scheduling the meeting once again will make her more look unprofessional.

“Let’s wake up 3 hours earlier tomorrow. Alright?” Joohyun said and kissed Taehyung passionately.

“Ne.” Taehyung nods. Even if he doesn’t want her to detach from him, he let her because him as well has business to do at Seoul.

Joohyun wrapped herself with a towel and gently dried her hair with another one. Taehyung stood up from the bath tub and approached her. “Doctor Bae? Can you uhmm cook me some eggs and bacon?”

“Tae, they need me at the conference hall within 30 mins.”

“Please? Uhmm and also som bulgogi, I will be at Seoul for the rest of the day to take care of something.” Taehyung said. “and I don’t want to miss your dishes.”

Learning that Taehyung will be away from the island for the rest of the day somehow made Joohyun relieve that she will be able to attend and finish her errands for the day.

It’s not that she wanted Taehyung to be away from her but she thought Jennie must be right that minimal exposure away from the island could possibly help Taehyung when and when not to be too clingy.

“Guess a 10 minute re scheduled meeting won’t hurt.” Joohyun said and went straight to her wardrobe.

Joohyun managed to cook not only for Taehyung but for the rest of the beings as well. She carefully stacked the lunchboxes and handed it to Taehyung.

“Here’s your meals for the day. Do not be hungry and I want that lunch boxes back without any grains of rice.” Joohyun jokingly said.

“Good bye.” Taehyung said as if he was carried away with the thoughts of leaving her.

“Hey that was quite a bad way to say good bye.” Joohyun frowned

Taehyung took back his words with a kiss. “Thank you Doctor Bae for this food and for everything.”

Joohyun nods and didn’t totally realized that Taehyung is being too emotional. Her mind is completely convinced that she needs to be at the conference hall as of the moment so she gave Taehyung one more kiss and rushed out from her floor.

Seulgi’s floor has always been messy and disorganized but it is more disorganized than before as Joy spent the rest of the night drinking canned beers ranting about Jin at Seulgi’s floor.

Joy is still drunk and asleep. Messy hair, dried teared mascara on her face, dried puke at the edge of her lip and a loud snore escaped her body. If only Seulgi doesn’t need to undergo an operation she would have joined Joy drinking but she end up listening to her rants and feel sorry for her.

“He said that I do not need to make it up to him!” Joy protest while she was crying. Mocking how Jin have said it.

“He said it was fine! When I ended up being guilty for rejecting his offer!” She ranted once again.

“He should’ve just made me feel that it was fine without making it look like that I hurt him. He’s already literally cold and now he’s cold towards me!” Joy said between her gulps and tears.

Those are some of the fresh memories last night that Seulgi could remember before Joy passed out due to over drinking.

More than Joy is doing her a favor for her operation, she has become a family and like a sister to her and seeing her like that made her feel guilty as well for not doing anything.

It took her an hour to find the courage to go to Jin’s private lab and luckily she was able to bump to him before he could go to Seoul.

“Professor Seulgi, annyeonghasaeyo.” Jin greeted her politely.

Luckily, he initiated greeting her first. “Hi good morning, uhmmm can I borrow at least half an hour of your time?”

“Sure.”

Jin offered his private lab for them to have a conversation since it is pretty obvious from Seulgi’s behavior that it is something that needed to be disclosed.

10 minutes has passed and Seulgi hasn’t got yet to the point. Biting her lower lip and eyes wandering around the area. “Uhmmm.” Is the only word that escapes .

“Well Professor Seulgi, I have some things to do in Seoul. If you need more time to raise whatever concerns you I’ll be free to give you some of my time tomorrow.” Jin said and bowed at her.

“Its about Joy.” Seulgi finally said words as soon as Jin made his first step. “She’s not fine, well.. you rejecting her offer just makes her feel horrible.” She cleared and finally looked at his eyes. “You know here in Earth, if you asked someone to come over for dinner in a fancy restaurant it means that you’re showing some interest for that person and..”

“Professor Seulgi would you like to have dinner with me at the Red restaurant?” Jin interrupted her.

“Ne?” Seulgi said as if she didn’t clearly hear what he said.

“You heard me.” Jin said. “Clearly.” He added.

“Look.” Seulgi exhaled some sarcastic laugh since Jin is really being annoying. “You and I could have dinner or a meal anytime without any meaning between us. Just friends that’s it.” Seulgi said. “But you and Joy had..”

“?” Jin interrupted her.

“Which makes both of you have an emotional connection between you two.” Seulgi confirmed.

Jin smirked. “Professor Seulgi, I think you’re mistaken. People here on Earth can be intimate and have without any emotional attachment to each other as well.” Jin clarified.

Seulgi just smiled. “You’re not that kind of being Jin.” She said confidently.

“Shall I try?” Jin asked but without waiting for Seulgi’s response, he pulled her for a deep kiss which made Seulgi in total shock.

Before Seulgi could pull away, Jimin opened the door as he has been waiting for half an hour outside Jin’s lab.

“Jimin..” Seulgi said and wiped . She run to follow him but before she could reach him, she suddenly felt a chest pain causing her to support herself on the wall.

Jin came out from her lab and asked some Junior Professors passing by to take Seulgi at the emergency room.

“Really you would kiss my girlfriend like that?” Jimin asked calmly as he waited for him at the corner for them to go at Seoul together.

 “It’s the only way I could escape from her. Today is not the right time to waste a single second.” Jin said.

Jungkook is already waiting at the exits of the building. Still hiding his emotions, he feels bad that if their plans failed, he’s going to spend too much effort adapting in a new place again.

He already memorized every detail of the way in the industries and it makes him feel bad that there’s a possibility that he might leave the place anytime soon.

“Let’s go.” Jimin interrupted his deep thoughts.

“Ah ne.” He said and walked with Jimin and Jin.

“Jungkook!” Yeri yelled from a distant.

The three stopped from walking and waited for the Professor to reach them.

“Professor Yeri.” Jimin greeted her.

“Hey” She said between her breathing. “Guess what? I am free for the whole day. Let’s hang out.”

“Oh we would love to but… there are some things that we need to settle at Seoul.” Jin declined.

“is everything alright? Maybe I could help a hand.” Yeri offered.

“Well everything’s under control.” Jin said. “and besides we will be working with a lot of people and we don’t want to expose one of the Lead Professor of the industries.” Jin lied.

“We have to go no Professor Yeri.” Jungkook said.

“Well then I’ll just see you later today?” Yeri asked but she only got a smile from Jungkook and a bow from Jimin and Jin.

“I’m sorry Professor Yeri but I don’t think I’ll be able to spare you some time for today.” Jungkook said with a heavy heart. “But I promise to hang out with you as soon as we settled everything we need to do in Seoul.”

But the polite decline was like a rejection to Yeri and she don’t wanted to look like so desperate even if deep inside, she badly wanted to be with Jungkook.

“Yea sure.” Yeri forced a smile. “See you around, bye.”

--

“He what!?” Joy exclaimed out of disbelief after Seulgi honestly confessed what happened.

“Hey calm down and don’t be mad at me.” Seulgi said in a nice tone. “That wasn’t my intention ok? I just want you to feel better.”

“But you should’ve quickly swayed your head to reject the kiss!”

“I told you he was quick as well and you know what worst? Jimin saw us! He caught us in the act and I can’t even contact him to explain myself.” Seulgi protest.

Trying to calm down through deep breathing, Joy managed to ignore the pounding headache that she’s feeling after learning from Seulgi that Jin kissed her.

“Didn’t Jimin get mad?”

“Well I am sure he is.” Seulgi whine. “What shall I do?”

“I should be the one who’s settling this. I’ll talk to him personally that he can’t do such inappropriate behavior.” Joy bravely stood up. “Don’t stress yourself unnie.”

Joy left Seulgi’s floor, scratching her head to ease the slight headache she’s feeling. Luckily she’s still managed to be pretty despite she’s suffering from a hangover.

Unfortunately, Seulgi forgot to mention that Jin already left the island with Jimin. Joy went straight to Jin’s private lab and requested an access, she waited for half an hour until a Junior professor passed by her.

“Professor Joy do you have some business with Professor Jin?” She asked.

“Yes, Uhmm there’s something that I need to raise to him.”

“Oh, he’s actually out for the rest of the day. He had proofread and revised all our research and studies.”

“Oh… so he’ll be back my tomorrow?”

“Probably.”

“Thank you.”

Somehow Joy is thankful that Jin isn’t around cause honestly she doesn’t know how is she going to confront Jin about it.

She just decided to go back to her health lab and passed by Yeri who’s expecting a greetings from her but she was so pre occupied with the thoughts of JIn.

“Unnie” Yeri called her attention. “Are you alright?”

“I am.” Joy lied and went back walking towards her health lab.

On the other hand at Seoul, Rose notice that Yoongi is having troubled encoding some entries to possibly find the location of the hidden missiles that The Bang tower have kept.

“You alight?” Rose asked.

“Yes.” Yoongi lied but Rose didn’t leave her spot. “No.” He admitted.

“Tell me about it.” Rose said.

Yoongi was hesitant at first but he turned off his laptop to talk about it. “Its Professor Wendy. She seemed to get easily angry. She’s so sensitive and it feels like she’s no longer the friendly Professor I used to know.”

Rose couldn’t even believe by herself that Yoongi sees Wendy that way because among the Professor, She’s certain that Wendy is the most humble, polite and honest.

“Well you know.. humans can be impulsively angry at times.” She tried to defend Wendy.

“and what could be the possible reason behind that?”

“Possibly, Professor Wendy might be overworked, she could be possibly stressed. In female humans, we could have a monthly menstruation that causes disorganization with our hormones and that could make us more sensitive.”

“It’s a natural biological response that I need to understand?” Yoongi asked.

“Yes.” Rose assured him that he has nothing to worry about. “You didn’t do anything wrong ok? Just focus. We only have one day for this.”

The beings and Rose are so busy with their planning that they do not noticed that the sun already went down.

The meal that Taehyung prepared wasn’t even touched at all. Everyone is nervous and emotional at the same time.

“Everything will be fine.” Rose gave everyone a tap on their shoulder. “Let’s call it a day. You guys should go back to the island.”

Everyone prepared themselves to go back to the island but Jungkook didn’t follow the other beings out. Instead,  he approached Rose who’s busy tidying up the area.

“May I have a minute Professor Rose?”

“Just Rose, Jungkook. I am no longer a professor at the island.” Rose said.

“Well, if our plans didn’t work tomorrow what do you think shall I give to Professor Yeri as a farewell gift?”

“Come on..”

“I just don’t want to be overly confident and I don’t want to leave her empty handed.” Jungkook said.

“If you really wanted to ask since Professor Yeri is still young. It will be very nice to give her something that couldn’t be erased nor taken away from her.” Rose said.

“and that is?”

“a kiss.” Rose said. “But you have to ask for a consent.”

“How am I supposed to..”

“You’ll be able to find out once she says Yes.” Trust me.

The four already left their home and went to the central station to go back at the island. Jin decided not to come since he knew he will ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter