UNINTENTIONAL ACTIONS

HEART OR BRAIN?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For some reasons, Jinyoung’s question just made an awkward silence for both of them. Taehyung thought he could probably read his mind through his connection with Lia and therefore, he knew he couldn’t lie to him anymore.

He finally had the courage to look at Jinyoung’s eyes. “You’re right. I didn’t want to be saved.” Taehyung confirmed.

“Thank you for telling me the truth, but why?” Jinyoung asked out of curiosity.

“I just thought I could stay there.”

“You’re lying.”

“I can see that you can tell.” Taehyung said. “I never knew that our biology can do that.”

“and I could sense too that you’re not planning to stay here for long. Your desires to go back in that place is so strong. You can’t subconsciously hide it.” Jinyoung informed him.

“I need to go back to that place.” Taehyung said. “That’s the only place that has the strong coordinates to my pathway back to the surface of the sun.” He finally admitted.

“And for what reason?” Jinyoung asked.

“You might not probably understand but, I left someone there that holds my life.”

“Someone?”

“I can’t further detailed it but my confidence in going back there becomes so strong as soon as I found out that my daughter already found her prime.” Taehyung smiled. “It is our nature to take care and look after our prime but please take care of Lia as well.”

“You don’t really have to say that at all. I can treat her as my family.” Jinyoung said.

Suddenly, Taehyung was requested at Yoongi’s office which saved him from Jinyoung’s further interrogation. He politely excused himself and went straight to see the other beings.

“Having all the information that we have it seems like there are being livings inside that suit.” Jin confidently said.

“So what’s the use of covering themselves? Living beings are welcome here.” Yoongi asked Jin.

“I am sorry for being late.” Taehyung apologized as soon as he reached Yoongi’s office.

“Is there anything that you wanted to add more than they could possibly fart when they’re nervous?” Jin asked Taehyung.

“Irene sleeps. She was kind of in denial about it and was convincing me that she was recharging.” Taehyung shared.

“And how do you sure that she was asleep?” Jimin asked.

“She’s snoring.”

“Stop joking around.” Jungkook said he was kind a pissed that he couldn’t share anything because he failed to convince Yeri to join his department.

“I am not joking. I am telling the truth.” Taehyung said. “Besides that, Irene also take her meals and she’s kind a good in drawing.”

After they were able to conclude all the findings that they have, they realized that the unknown beings are sharing the same behavior and needs which all of them assume to agree that they are not a program based beings.

“We need further assessment to support our findings.” Yoongi suggested “but for the mean time we have some findings that we can say that they’re not harmful in the league.”

 The next day, Wendy was escorted by Yoongi’s techbots. She was half hearted on her way but as soon as she witness how advance the technology was in that place she couldn’t help but to feel excited and delighted and if there’s one thing that she misses on earth it was probably manipulating machines.

“Welcome to the high tech department.” Yoongi greeted Wendy.

She almost didn’t notice him and almost bumped to him. “Oops. Hi.”

“Hi?” Yoongi nods his head.

“Hello Professor Wendy.” Yuna greeted her.

Yoongi turned around. “I apologize to that. I might or my daughter.. she’s my daughter’s robot.” He immediately excused himself thinking that Yuna might have absorbed something while Yoongi was sleep talking.

But it also scared Wendy since she was aware that Yuna doesn’t recognize a person through face but through its hormonal behavior and genes. That is one of the special feature that Ryujin placed when she invented the robot.

Wendy was brought in Yoongi’s office by the techbots and was informed to wait there. She was just surprised that Yoongi might have larger lab than her but he designed it as the same as hers.

“I apologize for that.” Yoongi entered his office as soon as he managed to turn off Yuna. “so how should I address you?”

“Just call me Wan.”

“Alright Wan, uhmm.. for the mean time just take your time to be familiarized with everything in here.” Yoongi said. “I don’t think I still need to teach you the basic since you have an amazing skill with machines.”

“Thank you.”

Half an hour has passed and Wendy doesn’t really need to make an effort to familiarized herself. Even the slightest placement of tools and equipment were placed the same as hers. Until a doorway lead her to Yoongi’s exclusive lab.

She found him working on a 6 feet capsule like machine that she couldn’t tell the purpose by just observing. “What is that?”

“Oh hi, I see you’re curious enough. I like that.” Yoongi said and gave her some eye protection. “It’s a not yet done invention.”

Yoongi has been secretly working on that capsule like machine. It aims to transport anything or anyone that could fit there in a blink of an eye anywhere.

“Is that possible?” Wendy asked.

“Watch.” Yoongi placed a metal ball like inside the capsule. “Do not blink.” And by just pressing the button, the metal ball appeared in front of them. After the smoke faded inside the capsule, the metal ball disappeared.

“How is that possible?” Wendy asked.

“Well there are certain elements and substance that I formulated for it to work and those elements transports its smallest single part of this metal ball ti the place of your desires as long as you set the location and the time on the monitor.”

“That’s cool.”

“But I couldn’t identify yet how it will travel to a far distance.” Yoongi confessed.

“Why do distance has to matter?” Wendy asked.

“Why are you asking so many questions?” Yoongi asked her back so he doesn’t have to answer her questions anymore because if he does, he might be unconsciously blurting out information about earth.

And that was an awkward silence until Ryujin arrived at Yoongi’s office looking for him. “Dad?”

“excuse me? As far as I am concern you’re still grounded.” Yoongi informed her as if she wasn’t aware.

“Mom?”

“What?” Yoongi asked again because he was sure Ryujin said Mom.

“Ryujin, how many times do I have to tell you, it’s Wan not Mom.” Wendy corrected her but was a bit nervous since she was sure as well that Yoongi completely heard his daughter.

“That’s right, Wan! What are you doing here?” Ryujin asked awkwardly and thankfully she didn’t stutter.

“Are you having speech difficulties? Do you want me to refer you to the health department?” Yoongi worriedly asked.

“No I am fine. I just stopped by to let you know that I am seeing uncle Taehyung today.” Ryujin informed Yoongi and politely excused herself.

“Ok take care.” Yoongi said and he turned around to Wendy. “You hear her said Mom right?”

“I wasn’t sure if that’s what I heard.” Wendy stuttered. “I mean why does it matter?” Wendy said in between her laughs.

Ever since Ryujin is growing up, Yoongi made sure that she will not look for a maternal affection since it will be difficult for him to provide it for her that’s why it surprised him to blurt out the word ‘Mom’ when all along Yoongi knew that Ryujin is completely fine being raised by him alone.

On the other hand, Joy is currently asleep in Jin’s lab. She was staying there for the rest of the day and spend the night because she committed herself for a longer period of duty.

Until the emergency alarms. She woke up and rushed to the monitor, and it appears that the emergency call is coming from the chief’s room. Looking around, she’s not with anyone inside the area so instead of calling for an assistance, she rush alone to the chief’s area.

She declared emergency access and she was able to get inside Dohwan’s place. She found him in his kitchen on his knees struggling to cough the food from his mouth.

Joy rushed to him and enclosed him with her arms from his back and perform Heimlich maneuver and after several tries, Dohwan was able to gag out the food that he took.

“How are you feeling?” Joy asked.

Dohwan just nods and shake Joy’s hand to gesture his gratitude towards her. “I’m fine and better now.” He smiled.

Jin suddenly arrives and rushed to Dohwan. “What happened?”

“I almost choke myself to death thankfully your intern arrives.” Dohwan said.

Jin gazed at Joy strongly out of annoyance and still checked Dohwan’s nose and mouth and luckily his vital signs became stable.

As soon as they reached the lab, Jin slammed the door that caused it to slightly malfunction.

“Its an automatic door.” Joy reminded him.

 “What the hell did you just did there?” Jin asked her. “Are you trying to be a hero?”

‘Well it’s an emergency and I need to attend to it.” Joy said. “No one is around to assist me and I am the only one available in this room.”

“Which means the best thing that you should’ve done is to call us. Call me!” Jin exclaimed.

“I already told you it was an emergency call!”

“and you are an Intern!” Jin yelled back at her. “You’re supposed to follow rules and perform actions according to my watch but you’re acting like a Professor.”

“I am confident that I did the right thing.”

“But not according to the law of the SAFE League.” Jin exhaled out of annoyance. “Fine, if you’re confident acting like a Professor here how can your biology prove that you and I have the same knowledge and skill when it comes to the anatomy and biology of every being here in the League?”

Joy just looked away and is about to cry. She hates the fact that she’s hearing Jin doubting her skills when way back then he used to look up on her even if works against her studies.

“Let me just remind you that Chief Dohwan is not just a common being here in the SAFE League.” Jin said. “Mind your distance unknown being.”

Joy just stepped back, turn around and went to her desk. Pretending to open the manual of the league. Jin approached her but not to apologized, he turned the book since Joy didn’t notice that she’s reading it upside down.

On the other hand, Seulgi’s turn for the physical training at the camp is done and she’s waiting for Yeji to finished, when suddenly Joy contacted her.

“Are you alright?” Seulgi asked.

“No, the chief had an emergency incident and I was able to attend.” Joy said.

“So is he safe now?”

“Yes, but Jin…” Joy said and now she started crying but she was holding it so none of the beings that is with her in the lab would notice. “I think he kind a hate me.”

“Hey don’t say that. I am sure he’s also worried that you might lose your role there if it happened that you failed to whatever attention you have given to the chief.” Seulgi tried to cheer her up.

“I just realized it was my fault, I never experienced to be an intern when I first step in the Velvet industry and now it’s difficult for me to follow orders.” Joy admitted.

 “Hey, don’t put the blame on yourself alone.. I am sure Jin is partially at fault as well.” Seulgi defended her friend. “Cheer up, you can’t carry that mood for too long or else you might mess up in Doctor Jin’s lab.”

“Thank you unnie, I was just also scared that I might lose my role here and I am no longer going to see him.” She sighs. “Even if he badmouths me I am still longing for that stupid one.”

“Well just like everyone says, the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter