DISBELIEF

HEART OR BRAIN?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Doctor Bae?” Solar wake up Joohyun who fell asleep on desk of the hidden laboratory that used to be hexhome. “You fell asleep again on your desk.”

“Oh I am sorry I didn’t notice.” Joohyun apologized.

“You didn’t notice for the past 5 years that you’re sleeping at your desk? Its becoming a habit.” Solar told her.

“Its fine. I just love working.” Joohyun defended herself.

Since she was really tired studying the coordinates that they’re finding at the outer space, she didn’t notice that she passed by her kitchen with some finished cup of ramyun on her table.

She went straight to her bathroom and took a warm shower, somehow it woken her up a little bit and when she’s alone, Joohyun could really be sad. Since she’s not the type of person who shares her feelings and emotions.

Putting on her robe and drying her hair, she noticed the cap of her lipstick at the side of her chair. She picked it up and found her lipstick with a bite on its end.

Wondering if someone barge in her floor, she was surprised to see the doors of her walk in closet and the door of her bedroom totally broken.

[LEAD PROFESSORS, YOUR PRESENCE ARE IN NEED AT DOCTOR BAE’S FLOOR.]

“What the hell happened here?” Wendy asked worriedly as they passed by lining up entering Joohyun’s bedroom to her bathroom.

“How many do I have to tell you that emergency access are declared only for real emergency purposes?” Joohyun approached Seulgi firmly.

“Calm down! I just came back from outer space.” Seulgi said. “You don’t have the right to accuse me with these.”

Showing her lipstick “Who’s eating lipstick now!?”

“Can you just calm down?” Joy asked her. “We’re not insane and we’re not from out of this word we know how to use a lipstick.”

“Who broke my doors?” Joohyun asked. “Obviously the way it were broken, someone used something heavy or hard to break it.”

“Have you checked the footage of your floor?” Yeri asked.

“I haven’t I am scared to go at my lab that the intruder might be there.” Joohyun confessed.

“Its impossible that an intruder will get in here.” Wendy said and she lead the way to her laboratory but she paused after seeing consumed ramen on Joohyun’s kitchen.

“Who hosted a ramyun party here?” Joohyun asked them.

“There’s only one way to find out.” Joy said and she came back to Joohyun’s bathroom to get the lipstick and collected the cup of ramyun on her table.”

They reached Joy’s health laboratory and she made a DNA testing to detect who could possibly it is.

Her wide monitors displayed major percentage on Seulgi’s DNA and Joy looked at her. “You really have to make us do this before we caught you?”

“What the hell? I told you I just came from the outer space.” Seulgi defended herself.

Joohyun rolled her eyes on her and looked at the monitor for the following DNA registered on the cups of  ramyun and major percentage from Wendy, Seulg and Joohyun appeared on the screen.

“99.9% Matched.” Joy said. “Are you guys trolling us? Cause this isn’t funny.”

“I was at my laboratory.” Joohyun defended herself too.

“That is impossible, I wasn’t around the whole day, Yeri and I are at the top of..”

“Stop.” Joy said. “I don’t want to hear it. Keep your rituals to yourselves.” She firmly said and walked out from her health lab.

--

“Are you guys the power rangers?” Some of the students are passing by the teenagers from a different world.

“Bullying isn’t practiced in the Velvet School.” Sakura a head instructor blocked the way of the Senior students to remind them and when they apologized she approached the four.

“Hi.” Sakura greeted them for some reasons Sakura understands that when a person is too smart they can be odd. “I am one of the head instructor of the velvet school. Where are your IDs?”

The teenagers exchanged looks until Sakura found them holding it. She took it from them and scanning using her contact lenses she was informed that they’re freshmen.

“That’s why you guys are clueless.” Sakura said. “I’ll lead you to your decks and get you some uniforms.”

“She seems nice.” Ryujin said.

“I bet she is.” Lia agreed.

They reached their deck after claiming their uniforms. The deck wasn’t bad at all, there’s a spacious area for the living room, kitchen and work area and another floor for the beds.

“Thank you.” Yeji said and bowed at her.

After Sakura left Yeji turned around to face them. “What now?”

“Well we have to found out why did Uncle Tae brought us here.” Ryujin said. “We can’t easily leave until we find answers.”

“For the mean time let’s walk around to get familiarize with the place.” Lia suggested.

They reached the front desk of the Decks and found group of freshmen complaining that they don’t have the decks that was registered to their IDs.

“I am sorry, I just need you to wait for half an hour for us to provide you a deck.” Sakura said and wondering how come they were short of decks when they already calculated the number of freshmen for the school year.

“Ignore them.” Ryujin told her friends.

“Whats up freshies?” A man blocked their way to the exit. “I am Lucas and I am a senior student I want to encourage you to join the Velvet troupe we’re fine class students for combat fighting. You can be a pilot, astronauts or ground savers.”

“No, Velvet troupe is boring.” Karina suddenly appeared. “The Velvet star scrapers we’re astrophysicist. Studying the stars and the unique behavior of the solar system.”

“Or you can join us. The velvet techies mold aspiring inventors and creators to become a competent Professor in the future.” Shotaro said.

“No no, you should join bioresearch and health department because life is broad and complicated which motivates you to keep on researching and study more!” Jungwoo exclaimed.

“Do not overwhelm these freshmen, get out of the way!” Kyuhyun one of the head instructor warned them.

If it wasn’t for Kyuhyun, the teenagers wouldn’t be able to escape the senior scholars who are very eager to recruit aspiring applicants for their majors.

[The Velvet Industries, with our knowledge the future holds] an advertisement of the industries in a wide screen featuring the lead professors caught the teenager’s attention.

“I keep on seeing that woman’s face in my Dad’s mind.” Lia said. “The one in the middle.” She specified.

Ryujin and Yeji stared at the wide monitor of the campus and no matter how they think they couldn’t recall if they have met anyone of them.

Later that day, the freshmen were gathered in a wide hall for them to undergo a written exam to be able to help the instructors to recommend them into majors where they will excel.

People around the teenagers not from that plant are cramming, recalling, pressured and few has inhalers with them. If they failed the screening exam they will have to wait for another year to identify which majors would they belong.

Turning on their respective screens, the four were able to answer the exams without any difficulties and with less than an hour, they stood up from their seat and left the examination hall.

Reaching the exits, one of the head examiner blocked their way. “Does this examination seems like a joke to you?”

They exchange gazes out of unawareness what he’s trying to say. “I am sorry but I can’t get it.” Ryujin said.

“You’ve finish the exams with less than an hour.”

“Yes we did.” Yeji verified.

But before the head examiner could protest, his screen beeps and notified him that the four of them were able to pass each majors, so instead of confronting them he just turned his back and walked back to the hall.

“As promised, those who gathered excellent scores will have the chance to tour at the actual laboratories of the Lead Professors and meet them.” Kyuhyun announced.

Everyone clap their hands, jump and yelled out of excitement which Yeji and the others find really unusual.

“Beings from this place are getting weirder.” Ryujin said.

The teenagers were part of the 20 examinees who were able to get an excellent score. A lot of scholars displayed how they envy them and just watch them as they take the bus to the main island of the industries.

“Welcome freshmen and aspiring Professors of the industries. I am Professor Johnny a resident Professor for almost 5 years and I’ll be touring you to the laboratories of our Lead Professor but before that let’s meet them!” Johnny energetically said.

The four has no idea what makes everyone really happy and excited, Yeji and Lia being the considerate ones just get along with their emotion, faking their laugh and cheer.

The wide doors of the conference hall opens for the freshmen scholars and the blending murmuring out of amazed by the other scholars can be heard.

The Lead Professors are seated opposite to them. They welcomed them with smiles but Joohyun shifted her attention with her screen reviewing the test results of the achievers.

After Johnny gave few orientations and reminders. “Is there any questions?” He asked.

Lia politely raised her hand and everyone looked at her.

“Yes?”

“Uhmm.. to the lady in the middle, why do I keep on seeing you in my Dad’s mind?” She asked innocently.

Johnny turned around and realized that the lady in the middle is no other than Joohyun. So he started to sweat and slightly panicked.

Even the other Lead Professors find her question strange and being the nice one, Wendy slightly dodged Joohyun who’s busy reviewing the test results of each scholars carefully. “I think she’s asking you.”

“Hm?” Joohyun exchanged looks with Wendy and when she gestured towards the scholars in front Joohyun found Lia standing up. “What was your question again?”

“Well it doesn’t matter we’re only asking question about the tour.” Johnny interrupted.

“No go on.” Joohyun said

“Why do I keep seeing your face in my Dad’s mind?” Lia asked the same question again.

The other scholars are already judging her from head to toe, more than she had the courage to ask the most intimidating and smartest woman in South Korea, she’s also asking her a stupid question.

“Do I really have to answer that?” Joohyun whispered at Wendy’s ear.

“I think so.” Wendy said between her giggles.

“Well…” She swiped her screen from left to find Lia’s name and she did and it made her paused for a while that she was able to get the same percentage that she got under the expertise of astronomy and physics with less than an hour. “Lia… more than a Professor, I am also considered as a celebrity in South Korea and maybe that’s why.”

“and if there’s no further questions to be asked, let’s proceed with the tour.” Johnny said and cued the Lead Professors to lead the way.

The tour ended well and the scholars were brought at the previous hexahome. Unfortunately anything that would remind of the beings were no longer can be seen at the place but the teengaers surely felt like home at the laboratory.

“You!” Johnny yelled at Lia after everyone made their way back to their respective places. “How could you ask such stupid question?!”

“I wasn’t asking a stupid question. I am really seeing her at my Dad’s mind.” Lia reasoned out as she tried to defend herself.

“and most of all you addressed her as to where

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter