PRIME

HEART OR BRAIN?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The North Koreans badly wanted Joohyun and her team. They want them, their data and their knowledge and so military tanks, helicopters, trucks and troops arrived to surround the aircraft. Preventing them to leave the place.

“This is bad.” Seulgi said as she can see through the window the crowded military men of the authoritarian country didn’t leave any space for the aircraft to be lifted.

“Seul!” Joohyun raised her voice so Seulgi could hear her at the control room. “You may now retrieve the power people here are unconscious.” Joohyun said.

Just as the moment Seulgi unlocked the doors where the other professors were locked, she scratches her head and made a deep sigh.

“Oh that doesn’t sound good.” Wendy said.

“I cut the cables.” Seulgi said.

“What!?” Joohyun exclaimed in shock. “You could just pull down the levers or pull the cables out from the sockets! Why did you have to cut it?”

“Well what am I supposed to do? We disappear from the laboratory which is an hour of bus away from here and with just a blink of an eye here we are at the aircraft.” Seulgi said. “Would you blame me if I couldn’t think straight?”

“Girls, I am sorry.” Joy apologized. “I only brought 20 syringe for safety and it won’t kill at least half of men outside the aircraft.” She said.

“Seulgi’s team, do something about this.” Joohyun said as she tried to access areum to her phone. “Damn it! I couldn’t even reach secretary.”

“Everyone at your decks now. We brought you here we will bring you back.” Wendy ordered the senior inventors and they went up to their dorm like room.

“All vision from the outside should be covered.” Joohyun said. “This is a strict order. If any of you dare to oppose, all of you will be terminated at the  industries.” Joohyun said.

“Ne Doctor Bae,” Everyone responded in chorus.

“We don’t even know if any of us will make it out alive.” Joohyun worriedly said as her voice trembles. “But as Professors from the Lead Quarters we should be the first line of defense.

“I’m so dumb.” Seulgi said with a deep sigh. “I should’ve used my brain before I do something. Why am I even at that island?”

In the middle of their dramatic conversation, The subject that is with them suddenly disappear without saying any word. He made the ladies flinched after he just disappear without a blink of an eye.

“Guys, you should see this.” Yeri said as she stares from the wide windshield of the aircraft. “ 

From a distant view. They could see three other subjects wearing the same suit as the subject that was with them. Walking towards the aircraft, The subject suddenly appeared with them and they could see that they are making a conversation. “This is so frustrating, we couldn’t magnify.”

“That’s Subject 0002! He’s my subject.” Seulgi said.

“He doesn’t look like he is capable of destroying the whole floor of the laboratory.” Joohyun said.

“Aim your weapons!” The head commander said and all weapon and vehicle was pointed at the aircraft. “Doctor Bae and the rest of the team. We are giving you another chance to leave the aircraft.”

“Oh no, we’re doomed.” Wendy said.

[Signal detected] Her phone suddenly found a source of signal. A gadget that has access through wifi connection. “Brilliant.” She exclaimed and tilted her phone to landscape so she could have better view of the keyboard.

“Fire!” The head commander yelled through his megaphone and everyone at the aircraft reflexively twitched from the loud sound of the weapons.

Shutting their eyes while their ears are covered by their own hands, 10 seconds has passed and no one felt anything that touched the aircraft. Seulgi bravely opened her eyes and handed Wendy her phone that she accidentally dropped after hearing the weapon’s loud noise.

“Impossible.” She said.

And the four girls that are curled on their knees found Seulgi confidently standing staring at the windshield of the aircraft made them somehow curious enough to see what she’s looking at.

Missiles, high explosives bullets and even gun bullets that looked like scattered pepper from a distant towards their vehicle are suspended in the air. “What the hell is happening?” Joohyun asked.

“I think those are floating.” Seulgi said.

“No they’re suspended.” Yeri confidently said as she stepped forward to look closer. “Look at the bottom of the missiles, there still fire and it seemed like in its accelerating state.”

“look at the swirls around the bullets. It is caused by some trapped air on a high level of temperature.” Joohyun said. “Yeri is right, those are suspended. Their travel to us seemed to be postponed.”

A loud scream causing the ground to slightly vibrate caught the ladies attention. It is Subject 0002, screaming out of anger, making his body expand and muscles bulk. Running towards the armed tank, he jumped on it and smashed it as if its just a cotton balls on his palm.

When Yeri assumed that her subject has porcelain liked smooth skin, she’s not joking. It is a scientific based finding and even if she might sound dumb to others, she is certain with what she got and her subject just proved it.

Subject 0005 was able to lift himself from the ground and electricity surrounded his body. His eyes are shining bright as he let electricity travel from his body to his target. “I knew it.” Yeri said and she couldn’t even be more satisfied.

While everyone are busy watching a movie like fighting scene from the windshield, Wendy is busy trying to hack the server that she gathered. “I can’t get in.” She frustrated said. [Access to server7862 granted.] “yes!” she cheered for herself.

from the unknown server she connected to the main server of the Velvet industries but before she could contact for help from the island, she figured out that the North Koreans have access with most of their data and when that happens, she considers it as bugs and virus and so she deletes all related access from them.

The battle didn’t last for an hour. All the armed vehicle were severely damaged, none of the soldiers in the field seemed to be moving and those who are standing are the ones who are wearing the suits of the subjects.

“Daebak.” Joy said as she slowly clapped her hands.

Once again, the subject that was with them came back but now he’s with 4 more men and the one is unconscious. Subject 0002 is still agitated and it seems like he was unsatisfied breaking everyone’s bones of humans and crashing armed weapons on the field.

He run towards the ladies and made them curled again closing their eyes out of fear but The subject disappeared and appeared in front of them, opening his palms and it made him stop from reaching the ladies.

He’s still running, yelling and pushing but an invisible force stops him. “are you doing that?” Seulgi asked him.

“Then it means it was also you who suspended those bullets and missiles to us.” Yeri said.

“Joy…” Seulgi said with a trembling voice as she clearly noticed that the subject is looking directly at him.  “Sedatives.”

Joy was terrified to move but she managed to slowly get the syringe from her pocket and handed it to Seulgi.

“Just hold it for a while.” Seulgi told the subject who seemed to be unbothered with the subject that is out of control. She walked slowly towards it but before she could impale the syringe, their eyes met and she placed her other hand on its face, causing it to get weak and slowly deflate to its original form.

“alright, before we start the interrogation… we have to figure out how are we going to leave this place.” Joohyun said. “Wendy any source of communication?”

“I found a server but our server was tapped and hacked by the scientist here. I am still clearing the bugs and virus.” Wendy said as her eyes are still glued to her phone.

“Home.” The subject said as soon as he put his palm down when Subject 0002 is on the floor panting and running for his breath.

“What do you need?” Subject 003 asked her.

“Probably, any cable like that could link to the main switch so we could facilitate the power supply.” Seulgi said.

“cable?” Subject 0003 narrowed his eyes as if he’s clueless with what he’s asking. “Power supply? Power source?”

“Our power source is down.” Seulgi said. “the switch for it to be is broken. So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter