ILLEGAL?

HEART OR BRAIN?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Joohyun opened her doors for Seulgi who thankfully didn’t declare emergency access, she managed to maintain a cool and smooth poise towards her which didn’t make her suspect of anything. 

“Sorry to bother your on going testing. I think Joy needs our help.” She said

Joohyun followed Seulgi as she leaded the way. They went straight to Joy’s health lab and found her practicing what she has to explain to Jin and she’s obviously having trouble to structure her words. 

“See?” Seulgi said. 

“Yah, Park Sooyoung.” Joohyun barge in to her health room. “How long will it take you to talk to your subject?” 

“He has the right to hear your explanation.” Seulgi added.

“Could you please give me some time to think?” Joy said before she exhaled deeply. She was supposed to defend herself once again but she found Jin in front of the doors of her health lab. 

“May I come in?” Jin asked.

Hearing his voice, Joohyun and Seulgi suddenly felt awkward with his presence. They greeted him and politely left the room. “Settle this!” Joohyun inaudibly said. 

Walking calmly but rushing, none of the two Professor would wish to hear their conversation. “I should’ve check that he is coming.”

“Seul!” Joohyun suddenly exclaimed to her while laughing.

“Hey I didn’t mean it that way.” Seulgi clarified. “Do you want to grab some coffee in my floor?”

“No but a hot choco will do.” She said.

Reaching her floors both of them thought they already detached themselves from an uncomfortable situation after the left Jin with Joy but as soon as they reached Seulgi’s floor, they found Somi totally statued as she starred at Jimin totally topless. She’s basically in shock as evident by the kimchi from the container that was spilled on the floor.

“When did I tell you again the essence of placing a passcode on your floor?” Joohyun whispered to her.

“Captain!” Seulgi greeted her with a wide smile and salute at her.

“Professor Seulgi uhmm?” She lost her words as she starred awkwardly to her and Jimin alternately. 

“Oh.. he is Jimin.” Seulgi said as she forced a smile. “Jimin this is Captain Somi. She is the chief pilot of The Velvet Industries aircraft and Captain, this is Jimin he is uhmmm.” She suddenly stutters. “The testing subject for the armor.”

“Jimin. Put your clothes on and get inside the basement.” Joohyun said and leaded the way downstairs.

After Jimin rushed to follow Joohyun while putting on his shirt, Somi’s natural big eyes widened more in disbelief. “Professor Kang!”

“I know.” Seulgi scratches her head and failed to look her in the eyes. 

“You can’t just let any human be a test subject for that armor. You know how dangerous it is.” Somi said. “Even if they volunteered to do so.”

Seulgi suddenly feel relieve to hear that from her. All along she thought Somi is suspecting her of having an affair after she found Jimin shirtless. “Well, I.. I know but I badly wanted to work on the armor.” She said. “And Joohyun denied my sensory access on the armor so..”

“So you would rather risk anyone to die?”

“Trust me Captain.” Seulgi said as she made a deep exhale. “I will not test the armor the same way I did before until I am certain.”

Somi expressed how disappointed she was after learning who the guy is. She thought it would be better if Seulgi just introduced him as her fling. “That guy might thought that being in this island is so great that he agreed to risk his life.”

“Come on, Captain. It’s not that even a bad idea.” Seulgi said.

“Oh well make sure to inform him as well that at any weather circumstances during his rescue, we’re not obliged to proceed if it will risk the majority of the rescuer’s lives.” Somi firmly requested. 

“Thank you and I will surely do that.” Seulgi said with a smile and she wrinkled her nose. “This is a waste why did you spilled the Kimchi all over my floor?”

“Oh that’s nothing compared to what I saw. How could I keep myself in a natural state if I found a shirtless man in your floor.” Somi rolled her eyes and salute at Seulgi. Telling her that she’ll be going back to the control tower. 

Seulgi rushed down in her basement where her armor is placed and she couldn’t just help but to be amazed with what she just found. “Impressive.”

“Oh thank goodness you’re here.” Joohyun said as she turned off all the control panels from Seulgi’s wide monitor. “I let him wear the armor just in case Captain Somi will be wanted to see him.” 

“No, I was able to get away quickly.” Seulgi said but her eyes are still glued to Jimin wearing her armor that he was able to manipulate easily. “So are you in? Do you want to be my subject on the effectiveness of that armor?” 

“Wait. What?!” Joohyun asked. “You’re not serious about this.”

“I’ll be glad if you wished.” Jimin said as he could see how his soul’s eyes shine so bright.

“Excuse us for a while.” Joohyun said and smiled at Jimin but it faded as soon as she turned around and pulled Seulgi steps away from Jimin. “Are you serious? You’re going to make someone you’re not aware of a natural physiological state as your subject for this?”

“I am not forcing him unnie.” Seulgi said. “And besides you were the one who denied my access on my own invention. What options is there left for me?” 

“You know why I have to do that.” Joohyun said.

“And you certainly know why I have to do this.” Seulgi responded held her hand and look her straight to her eyes. “You have to trust me on this one.” 

Joohyun turned her head towards Jimin and more than the armor fits well on him, she saw how motivated he was to explore the armor in his body. “Fine.” Joohyun said. “But you have to make it clear to him that proceeding your invention will have the possibility of losing his own life.” 

“I will.” Seulgi said as she exhales. Its not that she doesn’t care about Jimin’s life but knowing that he has incredible strength, he is more competent to be a subject of her invention. 

[Schedule conference today in 10minutes.] Areum informed Joohyun and she said goodbye to Seulgi. 

On the other hand, just when Joy finally found the courage to speak up she suddenly felt dizzy and a slight headache just bothered her.

“Headache?” Jin asked. 

Joy nods. “I am sorry. I’m sure this won’t take long I had too much alcohol last night so the after effects might be delayed and its happening right now.” She said in between her laughs. 

Jin stood up from his seat and voice commanded to report Joy’s vital signs. Her blood pressure is elevated which caused her uncomfortable symptoms. 

Jin took the IV and pierced the needle on Joy’s elbow crease. “What are you doing?” She asked in a faint voice as she suddenly felt weak that she couldn’t withdraw her arm from him. 

Placing the blood bag hanging on a standee. Jin performed a safe blood transfusion. “This is going to be one of the changes in your body. Basically as my bride your main role to our specie connection is to feed me.” Jin said with a heavy heart and his eyes turned blue. “Your body will naturally produce more blood for you to drain out and for me to suppress my hunger.”

“What?” Joy said. “I can’t understand.” She suddenly had a blurred vision and the next thing happen was she fell asleep. 

After an hour of falling asleep, Joy’s phone rings. [Incoming call from Hayoung.] “accept phone call.” She weakly said.

“Professor Joy is everything alright? I haven’t heard anything from you since the day you dropped me in my deck.” 

Joy made a faint laugh. “Miane, I think I over drowned myself from alcohol and I fell asleep the whole day.” 

“Can I visit you?” Hayoung worriedly asked.

Joy looked around to check if Jin is present at her health room and he wasn’t so she granted access in her doors for Hayoung. 

Hayoung gets inside and found Jin cooking at Joy’s kitchen. “Oh you must be the private chef. Annyeonghasaeyo.” She greeted her and went straight to Joy’s health lab.

She found Joy already sitting at the edge of her bed and is already gaining strength. “Oh my. Are you alright?” 

“I am. I already told you I am certainly fine.” Joy said.

“What’s that on your wrist?” Hayoung asked as she notice the bruise and dried wound from Jin’s bite. 

Joy immediately placed her hands on her lap just so it won’t be too obvious that she’s hiding it from her. “I- I woke up having this. Its so awful to see.” 

“Geez it looks like a vampire’s bite.” She said.

Joy giggled at her. “That’s what happens if you read too much fictional books.” She rolled her eyes on her. “And besides vampires do not bite on wrist they bite on necks.”

“Of course they do too.” Hayoung said.

“What?” Joy narrowed her eyes towards Hayoung.

“Vampires bite left neck to kill and feed themselves, right neck to transform others and wrists to make someone as a bride.” Hayoung said. 

Joy’s ears twitched as soon as she heard that from Hayoung. “Can you tell me more about it?”

“Well.. from the book that I’ve read those were their forms of survival and natural habits of their lifestyle and..”

“Can I just borrow the book please?” Joy asked her.

“Of course.” Hayoung said. “By the way your private chef is so hot. He’s totally handsome if anyone sees him he could be scouted as an idol.”

“Chef?” Joy confusedly asked. 

Joy asked Hayoung to assist her to her kitchen and hoping to see someone she’s not expecting but he’s someone she is expecting. “Wow that smells so good.” Hayoung said. “You won’t mind if I join you to eat right?”

“Oh please make yourself comfortable.” Joy said.

Somehow Joy was thankful that Hayoung is around and since Jin is aware that he is unusual in their planet. He politely said good bye to the two and wished them to enjoy their meals.

“Can’t you imagine having someone handsome by your side preparing meals for you?” Hayoung expressed how envy her so much. “But you’re paying him to do that so don’t feel great too much.”

Joy rolled her eyes. If she could just brag to her friend that she didn’t ask him to cook for her, she’s sure that Hayoung will be totally envious to her. 

Hayoung haven’t finished her meal but she rushed out from Joy’s floor after she was called for emergency at the medical bay on the next building. She found Jin waiting leaning on the wall outside Joy’s floor doors. “The meal was excellent!” Hayoung said and she have her two thumbs up. 

Jin went inside and found Joy munching her meal. He approached her and sit down opposite to her occupying Hayoung’s seat. “How was it?”

She frowned and lied. “Not bad.” 

Jin nods. “I have no experience with your foods here so just bear with me.” He said. “Anyway I’ll be doing that from now on since you’ll be supplying me with my food.” 

“Is this irreversible?” Joy rolled her eyes. “Do I have any choice?” She said and sigh.

“I am sorry.” Jin apologized. 

But Joy suddenly feel guilty for hearing him apologize. When its clearly its her fault how did it happen. “No.” She said. “Uhmmm it was my..”

“If only I had the skill to control myself.” He said as he stares the table. 

“It happened because I was so irresponsible.” Joy admit and looked to his emotional blue eyes. “I apologize for being too rude as well. At least you’ll be having unlimited supply of food now.” 

“No, I never wanted to have a bride.” Jin said as he recalled how he failed to protect his previous bride from Jimin’s hand. 

“Wait what?” Joy asked him and seemed cannot get his point. “You didn’t choose me to be your bride?” 

Jin shakes his head. “I didn’t but I failed to control myself on biting your wrist.” He confessed with a heavy heart. “Back then it’s the old tactics of some beings to lure us. They will intentionally cut their wrist for us to their blood and when they became our bride they will use us to keep them alive.”

“So regardless of the gender anyone could be your bride as long as you their blood from their wrist?” Joy asked curiously. 

“Yes. Even if we regret it a thousand times in our neutral state.” Jin sighed.

Joy nods. “At least I am glad to know that you’re no longer a when we made love. Taking away someone’s ity is not my thing.” Joy said as she laughed.

“What?” Jin asked. “I am not sure if I was able to understand what you’re saying.” 

Joy made a sarcastic laugh. “What the hell are you saying? You and I.. we…” she tried to catch his eyes if he’s lying.

“We?” Jin looked at her and expressed how much he is confused with what she is saying. 

Joy rolled her eyes out of frustrations. “You and I.” Joy firmly said as she gritted her teeth but he’s still clueless with what she is trying to say and she gave up. “We made love last night.”

“Huh?”

“Oh please!” Joy couldn’t help but to feel frustrated. “Weren’t you too awkward and uneasy to talk to me because you unintentionally ed me?”

“What?”

“What do you remember last night?” She strongly gazed at him.

“Probably the attractive strong scent of your blood dripping from your wrist and me, firmly holding your wrist and your blood.” Jin said. “It’s satisfying.” 

Joy wasn’t sure if he really could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter