WEEKEND

HEART OR BRAIN?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s Friday morning and the subjects are somehow learning how to deal themselves in Seoul. It is significantly different with their life at the Lead Quarters. Those subject that needs sleep wakes up early in the morning to go to the market, clean up and set up the place, serve food, tidy up the place and later on set up their matress to sleep. That has been their everyday routine but since none of them wouldn’t wanted to be kicked out on that planet they’re behaving well and compliant with their Boss’ order.

Placing the chairs over the tables, Mingyu cleared his throat to call everyone’s attention. “Since this is your first week at work and you’ve been doing well, I’ll be treating all of you at the convenience store.”

“Treat?” Taehyung narrowed his eyes and tilt his head to express his lack of unawareness with what he meant.

“I guess it is some kind of reward.” Jungkook mops the floor as if he sees every angle of the area.

Mingyu nods and smiled awkwardly. He said it as if to cheer them for doing a great job but he didn’t expect that none of them would fully understand. There are lots of times that they’re that weird and sometimes communication was quite difficult but they’re a big help at the barbecue hub which means he has to deal with them no matter what could be their issues are.

Jin peek at the blinds of the small barbecue hub to check if the sun is still rising, luckily it’s no longer present and it’s getting darker. “I’ll go with you.”

After locking the barbecue hub, Yoongi and Jimin are approaching their way downstairs with Sunny after they closed the small bakery too.

“Annyeonghasaeyo Aunt Sunny.” Mingyu politely bowed.

Seeing him did that, made Taehyung and Jin who placed his hand behind Jungkook’s head bowed at her as well.

“Oh if it’s been the pretty boys of the barbecue hub, are you guys heading somewhere?” She asked.

“I am just going to give these guys some treat for doing a good job.” Mingyu said.

“If it’s not drinking alcohol kindly take this.” Sunny took some money from her pouch and handed it Mingyu. “Take good care of my pretty boys too.”

“Would you want to join with us?” Mingyu asked them.

Yoongi and Jimin exchanged looks and nod at him. As someone new in that place, they wanted to explore more and see things beyond their expectation. “I didn’t know that this place is beautiful at night.” Taehyung said looking at the different lights on the street.

“We’re here.” Mingyu proudly said and all of them stood up in front of a convenience store.

--

Mingyu placed a tray of six cup of instant ramen secured with wooden chopsticks and the five guys just starred at it wondering what it could be. Jin could smell it already and he already knew that it is something he can’t consume while its odor made Jungkook salivate as soon as the smell travel in his nose.

Mingyu realized that the more they wait the more they will look like a weird person and he won’t be able to take it if people at the store would stare at the clueless guy that he’s with. “Arlight. It’s time to eat the noodles.” Pulling out the wooden chopsticks and detached it using both of his hands, he started to slurp the noodles.

Jimin was able to observed how he did it but when he tried to detached the chopstick, he unintentionally broke the wooden chopsticks into pieces and it made Mingyu cough in shock. He just decided to ignore it and assisted Jungkook on how he will it the instant noodles.

“Miane.” Jimin apologized out of embarrassment.

Yoongi and Jin awkwardly changed looks, praying at the back of their mind not to offend Mingyu for not consuming the instant ramen in front of them but unfortunately he did. “Don’t you want to…”

“I ate a lot of bread at the bakery and my stomach is still upset right now.” Yoongi cut him.

He looked at Jin and waited for his answer and he made a force laugh. “I thought the noodles is still softening.” He said between his laughs and forced himself to eat the instant ramen that made him almost vomit.

“Mingyu this is really delicious.” Taehyung talks while his mouth is full and his eyes brightly shines towards his cup of instant noodles. Yoongi saw how he ate the instant noodles enthusiastically so he shifted his to Taehyung for him to eat. “Thank you.” He smiled.

After eating Mingyu’s treat, the subjects still politely offered to walk Mingyu back at the barbecue hub and while on their way Taehyung wondered why did Mingyu take them out for a cup of ramyun when they can usually have dinner together at the barbecue hub.

“Well, it’s not a written part of our culture but it is most of our way to show our gratitude and appreciation towards others.” He explained.

“I also want to do that.” Taehyung said. “Is there any way I can also purchase ramyun on my own?”

“But you said you’re going to work for us in exchange of place to sleep and food?” Mingyu asked him back.

they found Taeyeon cleaning the glass doors which made Jin attempted to snatch the towel that she is holding but she managed to refuse as she kept it in her hands on her back. “Your shift is over. You guys should go home now.”

“But that is my job Aunt Taeyeon. I am supposed to be the one who’s doing that.” Jin insisted.

“We talked about this. You will be working for me for five days and you will make your way home on Friday night.” Taeyeon reiterated their verbal agreement. “Have a safe trip.”

“Ne.” Yoongi said and bowed at her.

“I am not coming.” Taehyung said. “I need to talk to Aunt Taeyeon for a moment but you guys can leave.”

“The train closes at 10pm.” Jimin complains.

“That’s why you should make your way back home.” Taehyung said. “I’ll be fine.”

It wasn’t difficult for Taehyung to convince the other subjects not to wait for him anymore. Mingyu politely went inside to set up their mattress and also to give privacy to Taeyeon and Taehyung.

“I need your help.” Taehyung said.

“What help?”

“If its isn’t too much to ask. I need your help so I can purchase a cup of ramyun on my own.” Taehyung begged. The sincerity in his eyes was so obvious.

Taeyeon is hoping that he’s just joking but his face is too serious as he couldn’t keep his determined eyes on him. “Okay.. but in one condition.” She said. “Nothing here in Seoul that you can get for free. Use this weekend to work for me and I’ll be giving you two cups of ramyun on the following weekend so you’ll be having the cups on your way home the next Friday night.”

“You will!?” Taehyung smiled brightly out of satisfaction after hearing from Taeyeon that she will grant what he’s asking for.

Since Taehyung couldn’t sleep without any contact from his Prime, he decided to left the hub after he was certain that Mingyu is already heavily asleep. It is already midnight and he starred to the stars.

It’s his first time to find a place so peaceful and quiet. Where the moon shines brightly and the stars are evident to see. He decided to stroll around the area and few steps away from the hub he heard someone crying.

He searched where the sound is coming from and he found a boy sitting while hugging both of his knees beside the trash of the building nearby and he decided to approach him. “Hi.. are you alright?”

He’s scared and tried his best to hold his tears as an unfamiliar person approached him. He sniffs and looked at the man that greeted him.

“I am Taehyung. What is your name? that’s what will you ask to someone you don’t know in Seoul that’s how they politely approach a stranger.” He recalled what Professor Rose taught him.

“Hi I am Taehyung what is your name?”

 “Junhwan.” He said between his sniffs and observed Taehyung as his tears fall down. “Hyung, can you hug me? I am very sleepy.” He asks while scratching his eyes.

Taehyung kneeled down and opened his arms for him to take his time to come on his arms and without a minute he did. “Where do you live Junhwan?”

“Stand up please.” He asks.

Taehyung did and it was his first time carrying someone like that in a comforting and caring way. Back then he used to carry beings on his arms and on his back to save their lives but it is completely different now. Pre occupied with that thoughts, Taehyung it is too late to get an answer from Junhwan where his house is as he found him sleeping soundly.

Walking to the streets, Taehyung found a drunk man who’s struggling to keep himself standing up. “Excuse me.” He approached him. “Do you know where this kid lives?” He twisted his body in order to show his face.

“Mola!” He exclaimed. “and I don’t want to know. Bring him to the police station so you would know!”

“Ne, please don’t get mad. Thank you.”

Since it’s already late there are only few people who are present around the streets of Seoul. Taehyung was able to ask the direction and after half an hour of walking he found his way at the police station.

“Hi. Do you know where do this kid lives?” Taehyung twisted his body so he could show the face of the kid.

“Don’t you know who is he?” an officer asked.

Taehyung shakes his head. “I found him nearby our barbecue hub.”

Taehyung was asked to seat and he was able to give some details of the lost kid to the Police. The longer he stays at the police station the more he feels uncomfortable. Drunk and unregulated shouting and yelling people filled the area which makes him wanted to disappear but he can’t. he was ordered not to by his Prime.

“Junhwan!” A woman called his name and approached Taehyung and with surprise they exchange laughs.

“Professor Jisoo.” Taehyung bowed at her.

“Wow, did you really bowed at me? I am surprised.” Jisoo said as she laughs. She tried to get Junhwan from Taehyung but her shoulder bag drops from her which made Taehyung volunteered to keep Junhwan in his arms. “Thank you.”

“oh my goodness. Are you a professor from the velvet industries?” The officer couldn’t believe that he met someone from the island and he couldn’t take his eyes off her coat.

“Thank you for your call officer.” Jisoo said and bowed at him.

“He called you?”

“I have my number in my son’s bag.” Jisoo informed Taehyung.

“this is your child?” Taehyung asked and smiled brightly.

They went out the police station and waited for a taxi but since it’s already late they’ve been waiting for half an hour for a ride to come. “I am sorry Taehyung.” Jisoo apologized.

“No, please don’t feel sorry. I am glad that I found someone precious to you.” Taehyung said.

Instead of waiting for a ride to arrive, Taehyung just decided to walk to Jisoo’s home with him. “it was the first time that he run away from home.”

“Is this what you usually do?” Taehyung asked.

“Hmmm?”

“You’re at the industries on weekday and here in Seoul on weekend?”

“Yes.” Jisoo confirmed crossing both of her hands over her chest. “Junhwan has classes on weekday while I have work and its our free days on weekend.” She explained and because of that she realized something. “Aren’t you supposed to be at the industries?”

“Well… I decided to stay for some reasons.” Taehyung reasoned out.

 The next morn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter