Chapter 9

A Story Titled You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Eri couldn’t go against the elders because of what happened five years ago. She didn’t want to risk her good relationship now with her mother and sister.

But the most surprising for her was when Seokjin agreed for her to stay with him. She supposed this arrangement will make it easier for her to plan to get him and her sister back together. Still, it was the last thing she expected from him. She knew he held a grudge against her. He gave this impression that he couldn’t stand being in the same room as her. And no matter what he said, she was sure he’d hit her with the baseball on purpose to embarrass her. He couldn’t have missed. He had the best arm in their baseball team back then, everybody said so.

But maybe this was the opportunity she needed to repair their friendship. After all she needs his cooperation with the plan. They had been friends once, a long time ago. Before she’d fallen in love with him and ruined everything. And she certainly didn’t want Miyoung to marry another man who will end up hurting her.

 

Hwi had played Miyoung. They both started teaching at Bunhong High School at the same time. That’s how they met and fell in love.

When he was suddenly transferred to Jeonju, Miyoung was ready to leave their small town to go with him, only to find out he’d been purposely keeping them apart because he was cheating on her. He applied for a teaching position in Jeonju because that’s where the girl he’d been cheating Miyoung with will attend university. The other girl used to be their high school student. He’d been cheating with that high school girl for months.

The day Miyoung found out, Eri dropped everything in Seoul and went to Jeonju to be with her sister’s side. Eri found Miyoung in her hotel room, curled in a fetal position on the bed with her eyes red and swollen. Her jovial sister was deduced to that. Her poor sister. It was an image forever ingrained in Eri’s mind, and one she never wanted to see again. After what her sister went through, Miyoung deserved a happy ever after.

 

 

The truck bumping onto something on the road brought Eri back to reality.

She was sitting in the back seat with Louis on her side. They had been driving for more than ten minutes now and when she glanced out the window, she just noticed that they are now on a gravel road. This can’t be right.

They’re in the middle of nowhere.

Granted the view is pretty with the mountains visible in the distance, but she expected Seokjin to live closer to town. She hasn’t been in town for a long time but based on her memory, the Kim family lived only a few streets away from the main road and the police station.

 

The truck came to a stop and Seokjin, who’d been silent this whole time, got out.

“Is there a problem?” She lowered the window.

“We’re here.” He answered.

She didn’t move an inch. “Are you sure?”

He was about to go up the wooden gates but turned back to glare at her. “I live here.” He answered.

She angled her head to see what the place looked like. It’s a traditional house. A fact that came as a huge shock to her. She doesn’t remember him having interest in old things, not even back then.

 

 

She finally got out of the truck. But thinking this might be a prank, she walks toward the side of the house to see if there was another house behind it where Seokjin's actual house was.

Seokjin’s gaze followed her. Shaking his head after realizing what she was trying to do.

Eri saw nothing, literally no other houses or living beings nearby. The house was standing alone in the middle of nowhere. If Jin does something to her, no one would hear her scream. There’s miles and miles of land where he can bury her body. She gulped. It wasn’t impossible for her to imagine such a scenario given how much he hates her.

Seokjin on the other hand is amused. The look on Eri’s face when he realized he wasn’t joking was priceless. He thought it was just her being a city girl not liking what she is seeing here in the countryside. After all she was expecting to be in an inn being served by attendants. The urge to laugh out loud was almost unbearable.

She made her way back to the front steps with much difficulty because of her heels and the gravel. Seokjin had already opened the wooden gates and was already inside. She sighs. He didn’t have any intention of helping her with Louis. But then again the guy hates her, she shouldn’t be surprised.

She took her rolling luggage and dragged it slowly towards the steps. But the wheels are totally useless now. She had to carry Louis up. She’s not supposed to be carrying heavy things, her cardiologist said so. But what can she do. She has no choice. This is why she wanted to be at the inn. She can just pay people to do the heavy lifting and work. It was only five steps but she obviously struggled with it.

 

Now that she’s up, she thought she would just be able to pull Louis but as expected from traditional houses, the cour

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter