Chapter 22

A Story Titled You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Seokjin flung open the glass door and entered the OPD of Bunhong Hospital. "Where's Taehyung?" He asked Joo, the secretary at the reception desk who he happens to be familiar with because she went to the same high school.

Instead of answering, Joo glanced past him.

"Right here Mr. KIm."

Seokjin turned.

Taehyung stood with his arms crossed in his white coat and a superior look on his face. He just got out from one of the rooms.

Seokjin strode toward him with his phone raised. "What the hell is wrong with you Taehyung? I apologized for that photo with Miyoung. Explained that while it looked bad from that angle, it wasn't what you thought. She was resting her head on my shoulder and I was looking down that's why it looked like that. But we're just friends."

Taehyung hadn't responded to Seokjin's long texted apology.

"But that wasn't enough for you, was it? You had to retaliate..." He shoved the phone in the other man's face, making sure he got a good look at the photo Miyoung had sent Seokjin fifteen minutes ago. "...and kissed her sister." The kiss bothered him and he wanted an explanation, a reason why he shouldn't punch Taehyung right now in his sanctimonious mouth. A mouth that had been on Eri's.

Taehyung briefly scanned the photo displayed on the electronic device. "You might want to take a closer look. It looks bad, but it's not what you think."

"Really? That's all you've got to say?"

"Like I said, it's not what you think. But if you want an explanation, I don't have the time. I'm busy."

"Uhm... I didn't mean to eavesdrop..." Joo, who is still behind the desk continued. "But since I can hear you, I thought you should know that Sunkyu was pretty rough on Eri yesterday, so was Miyoung. They basically booted her out of Kibum's shop. She seemed upset. Might have had something to do with her, uhm... well, making out with you Dr. Kim."

Seokjin rubbed his hand over his jaw. He'd been so intent on confronting Taehyung for kissing Eri as a form of payback that he hadn't bothered to consider her. No doubt the Eri drama, starting from the party to the shop yesterday, is already known in town. After all, aside from the tourists that comes and goes, Eri was the only one who was new in town. And she had that outburst five years ago, so people are definitely going to talk. Right now, he was more concerned about what exactly had taken place at Kii's shop.

Before he had the chance to ask, Taehyung said. "She wasn't making out with–"

Joo interrupted him. "I saw the photo too, so did everyone who went to high school with her."

"We weren't." Taehyung said between clenched teeth. "Eri was attempting to explain to me that I misinterpreted the photo of my fiance and Mr. Kim here, while I was tipsy. I got carried away by the atmosphere and kissed her."

Joo's gaze shot to Seokjin. "What photo? I haven't seen or heard about that yet." She didn't give Seokjin a chance to respond. "Well, who needs a makjang drama when we have our own playing out in town."

Namjoon walked inside in time to hear the last remark and shook his head, then turned to the two men. "I need to talk to both of you."

 

 

Before following his brother inside Taehyung's clinic, Seokjin asked Joo. "How bad was it at the shop?"

She grimaced. "It felt like high school again." She didn't participate in bullying Eri back then but she was a bystander.

"How did Eri handle it?"
"Same as she did then. It was kind of surprising, you know since she's a city woman now and all. You'd think she'd give them attitude, but she didn't." She said as she organized the papers on the desk. "Just hearing about it makes me feel sorry for her. Yeseul said she left looking like a kicked puppy."

Seokjin's chest tightened. He didn't like the visual his mind supplied to accompany the story. He could picture it all too clearly. Even though they were obviously protecting Miyoung, it made him angry that women old enough to know better were acting like b*tches. And like Joo, he didn't understand why Eri didn't stand up for herself. "Thanks Joo."

"Sure Seokjin." She eyed him suspiciously. "So you and Eri..."

"Don't you have work to do?" He asked, catching her eye roll as he left and followed his brother and Taehyung into one of the rooms.

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

The three men settled inside Taehyung's clinic.

"Joo's right." Namjoon starts. "Thanks to you two, we've got a live drama going on in town. And I want it to stop before it gets out of hand because this involves both my personal life and professional one."

"Why are you looking at me?" Taehyung said. "I'm the injured party here."

"I thought you were too, but you see, last night my wife showed me a photo of you kissing Eri, at an inn of all places. So why were you kissing a woman who isn't your fiance?."

"Ah yes my fiance, the one who was being intimate with your brother?" Taehyung asked.

"Miyoung wasn't being intimate with me. And I would've explained everything if you–"

"Stop lying Seokjin. I know what I saw." Taehyung passed his phone to Namjoon. "Tell me who initiated it."

Namjoon's left eyebrow went up.

"Even if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter