Chapter 23

A Story Titled You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Eri stood beside Kii in front of the inn's bathroom mirror. He sprayed her with the perfume he bought for her back when he was shopping in Seoul because it reminded him of her. He was only able to give it to her now. It was quite strong but also kinda addicting. A complete opposite of her usual scent. She'd always preferred light and sophisticated fragrance especially at work where she is in her office all day. She has a sensitive nose so she always hated those strong smells that other employees or clients wear whenever they are in the office. But this one from Kii is somehow bearable and she understands since it fits the occasion. "Are we really doing this?"

"Of course we are. I'm done with my appointments this week so I'm free until the official reopening. I won't be this free again for a while so we're going to go and have fun." Kii said. "Besides, it's not everyday that you're in town. I miss the old times in Seoul."

"After that photo of me and Taehyung, I'm sure everyone in town hates me now. I'm not just a random side character in this story, I'm the villain now."

"I did explain to your sister and mother yesterday that it was me who sent the photo to Taehyung, and I think Miyoung was gonna finally talk to you but now–"

"I made it worse."

"I understand what you were trying to do Rii." Kii picked up a can of hairspray, lifted a part of her hair and sprayed the roots. "You had good intentions when you approached Taehyung, you just didn't know he just happened to be drunk."

He was right. She'd been so intent on apologizing and explaining to Taehyung that she hadn't noticed someone sneaking a photo of them. "I thought this inn was far enough from the main town."

"It's far from the main street but still in town Rii." Kii corrected.

"I should just go back to Seoul Kii. I know you want me here for you reopening but no one else does. I'll end up ruining you special day if I stay."

He set the can of hairspray on the sink. "You'll ruin my day if you leave. Besides, I made a dress specifically for you to wear on that day."

"You did?"

"I did." He moved behind her and put his arms around her, meeting her gaze in the mirror. "The Eri I know and love doesn't give up."

"You love me?" Emotion tightened because right now he's the only one she has, so the words came out in a whisper.

He rocked her back and forth. "Of course I do, silly. We've been through many ups and downs, and highs and lows together. Now, no more nonsense about leaving. Let's go have some fun at the bar."

"What if I run into those mean girls again?"

"It's a weeknight Rii, no townspeople go there. They only hangout on the weekends because they have work during weekdays. But you know who'll be at the bar on weeknights?" He winks before saying. "Tourists."

 

 

 

===

 

 

 


 

Turning the corner where the bar Kii wanted to go is located, Eri spotted Seokjin with his brother and Taehyung. While the brothers wore jeans and t-shirts, Taehyung had on his usual dress shirt and suit pants. And it looks like the trio are headed to the bar too.

 

Kii was sighing, while Eri was inwardly dying. She hadn't spoken to Seokjin since that time at Kii's office, even before the kissing photo with Taehyung went viral. She drew back tugging on Kii's hand. "I don't know if this is a good idea."

Kii frowned. "Why not?" He followed her nervous glance. "Right, you haven't explained that kissing photo with Taehyung to Seokjin. But it seems like they're getting along okay, so don't worry. Besides, the way you look tonight, Seokjin will definitely forgive anything you do. You're totally rocking that red dress Rii."

Her red dress with a thigh slit and exposed cleavage was pretty fab. And her black sandals, though low in inches because she is being cautious of her ankle to not worry Kii, still looked y. And Kii gave her smokey eyes and high ponytail just like the old times when they went out in Seoul. Now if only her inner confident city woman hadn't decided to take a hiatus.

Kii tugged her hand. "Work it. Chin up. B o o b s out."

Maybe she didn't need her inner confident city woman after all. She got Kii.

 

 

 

"Hello boys. You all look as studly as ever." Kii said when they were a couple of feet away from the men.

All of them stopped in front of the bar and, almost together, crossed their arms. "Eri, you're going into the bar dressed like that?" Namjoon asked.

For a second there, Eri wondered if it's included in the police chief's job to be a fashion police too. What was she supposed to wear into a bar, pajamas? But she kept that comment to herself.

Taehyung murmured in agreement to Namjoon, while Seokjin's gaze moved intently and slowly, from her shoes, to her legs, upwards until he met her eyes. There was no denying he was ticked as the other men, but there was also a gratifying glint of heat in his eyes. And the evidence of his desire was enough to make her cheeks turn red.

"Kibum I thought you were supposed to be at my place to help plan the baby shower?" Namjoon asked.

Eri stiffened. Hoping no one noticed the heat rising to her cheeks even more. Earlier she texted her mother if she could come over and explain what happened but her mother, while didn't directly turning her down, had postponed it instead because she had something to do tonight. Now Eri knew what it was.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter