Chapter 27

A Story Titled You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Eri sat in the passenger seat of Seokjin's truck still wearing the green see-through dress but this time with his jacket covering her upper half. "It's not fair. Namjoon had no business getting me arrested in the middle of the shop opening."

Seokjin had taken her with him out the shop using the same method as he got in, through the window on the back alley. She didn't want to go with him at first, but then she was convinced when he told her that she was about to get booked for speeding. And she wouldn't want the press getting photos of that.

For Eri, a photo of her with handcuffs on is even worse than a photo of her going at it with her aunt or a rumor with Jungkook. Even though she was afraid of the athlete's fangirls and their pitchforks, she can always deny and adjust the timeline back in high school and excuse it as puppy love instead of the real timeline which was only a few years ago. But if it was of her getting arrested, she wouldn't know how to deal with the aftermath of that one. So here she is huddled next to the car door.

 

"His deputy clocked you doing thirty miles per hour over the speed limit." Seokjin informed her as he drives. "And you ran Taehyung off the road, you're lucky all you're getting is community service and not actual jail time." Though if Namjoon assigned her to a project he had in mind, Eri might actually prefer jail time. And while assigning her to community service might be overstepping the bounds of his brother's authority, Seokjin wouldn't be complaining. It'll work in his favor. At least she'd be in town long enough for him to figure out if their relationship would stand the test of time and distance.

 

Of course. She thought. Seokjin would know the law and the consequences of breaking it. He attended and graduated from the police academy afterall. "I was in a hurry. I didn't wanna be late and disappoint Kii."

"You wouldn't have been much good to him if something happened to you and you'd be lying in a hospital bed instead would you? If you need someone to drive you, call me. I'll drive you anywhere you want to go. What were you thinking going that fast?"

"Well, that's kinda the point. I didn't want to ask anyone for a ride. I wanted to go see dad alone so I had Hoseok drive my baby here."

Her baby? The Porsche? Seokjin thought. So she asked this secretary of hers to drive her car here. Seeing as that Hoseok person is not around, he probably went back to Seoul by train. And then she drove to go see her dad at the cemetery.

"Kii and I are going to celebrate at the end of the day so I wanted to see dad before that since I'm leaving tomorrow."

"..."

"That's why I was in a hurry. I didn't even have the time to put my make-up on properly. So the one I have now is very light."

"You're beautiful even if you don't have any make-up on."

"So is Sooah. She looked lovely today, don't you think?"

"Didn't notice." He said at her raised eyebrow. "I was too busy looking at you and getting you out of there before the press could take a photo of you and Jungkook together."

Her eyes widened. "Did Kii tell you?"

"That there was something between you and Jungkook? No, I had a hunch after yesterday at Kibum's place and the rumor going around today." He said. "I still don't know what you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter