Chapter 39

A Story Titled You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

One thing Eri discovered is that Seokjin dealt with his fear by looking at a problem from every angle. And she meant every angle. When he wasn't checking on her or pampering her, he was on his computer. He'd spent countless hours researching the blood donation, possible complications, side-effects, proper diet and more. It had gotten to the point he knew almost as much as the nurse that Taehyung assigned on monitoring her. Seokjin acted like she just went on a major operation when it was just a blood donation and she will be fine after resting and avoiding strenuous physical activities for the next two days. But Seokjin insisted that while it only takes 24 hours for a person's body to replace all the lost fluids, it takes several weeks for the body to replace the lost red blood cells. And that she should just let him pamper her.

Today, even before sunrise, he arrived at the front house where she is staying with her sister and Taehyung. Reasoning that he wanted to be around before Miyoung and Taehyung left for the hospital.

Eri on the other hand had just woken up. She couldn't believe it was already nine in the morning. Her body clock had been set to always wake up at six, latest would be seven. But then again she had a tiring day yesterday, her body is probably recuperating.

After eating the breakfast that he had prepared, they received a message from Miyoung. An update that Jungkook's operation was successful, and the truck driver is out of the ICU, expected to recover from his injuries.

 

 

Sitting on the couch, reading the interview article of one of the authors under her, she felt his thumb slid to the inside of her wrist. She slanted him a look. "Are you checking my pulse again?"

"No, I just wanted to hold hands, but now that you mentioned it, it seems a little fast." He reached in front of her for the oximeter on the coffee table, about to put in on her finger to measure her beats per minute.

"No. It's only a little fast because I just sat down after coming down the stairs." She retracted her hand. "If you want my hand to hold you can, but not for anything else."

He sighed. He just wanted to make sure she is okay but, him checking her pulse every now and then probably gave her more anxiety instead. "Sorry." He said, then gently took back her free hand. "It's just, when I told uncle and auntie that I'll look after you, I meant it."

"I know, and you are already taking care of me. Also, didn't we agree on being honest with each other? If I feel anything, even slightest bit off, I'd tell you. You'll be the first person to know."

"About that..."

"Ah." She remembered that he looked confused yesterday, when she had Taehyung with her during the cardiology tests and then Kii with her during the result with the doctor. Actually, she initially planned to tell him about that after talking about Jungkook last night, but she was not able to because not long after their hug, Taehyung and Miyoung had arrived. He didn't get to stay long either because Miyoung insisted on sending her to bed early to rest. "Yesterday, I didn't have an appointment but since my case was urgent to get cleared for the blood donation, Taehyung as one of the staff there arranged everything for me. So he became my guardian unintentionally. And Kii, he knows my extensive medical history. If the doctor asked for reference, he knows all the tests I did in Seoul and all the names of my medication. He's number one on my speed dial so he knows and remembers my episodes, probably more than I do."

He nods. He never questioned Kibum's position in her heart. And even though he didn't like Taehyung being close to her at first, it was more of a jealousy problem from his side, not either of them. Not to mention Taehyung will become her family soon. And now that the issue about Jungkook has been cleared, there's only one person remaining. "What about Leo?"

"Leo?" The shock on her face was evident. "My Leo?" She asked him back. "How did Leo get in the picture?"

My Leo. He didn't want to think she was being defensive, she could just be really taken aback by the sudden question about her ex-boyfriend. After all she didn't know what he and Kibum talked about when she was inside the room donating blood yesterday.

Sensing his silence to her question could result in a misunderstanding, she stopped reading the article and put her phone aside. "Ah don't misunderstand. It's just, there's many named Leo in our university so the others refer to him as my Leo. When did you and Kii talk about my exes?" She said calmly, tightening their hands that are linked together. She had connected the dots, since he was asking about Jungkook yesterday and Leo today, then there's only one person he could've talked to. The person who also has extensive knowledge of her romantic relationships.

"Yesterday." He murmured.

"What do you want to know about Leo?"

"I was worried about Jungkook at first, but Kibum said you weren't as distraught when you broke up with him compared to Leo. But he didn't say anything else."

"That's why you were curious?" She asked, though she didn't need his answer. Knowing Kii, his intention was probably to assure Seokjin not to worry about Jungkook, but Seokjin took it as Leo being a bigger threat than Jungkook instead. "Well, where to begin?"

He watched her shuffle as if finding the most comfortable position on the couch. Looks like it's going to be a long story.

"Leo and I went to the same university. But we didn't meet in campus." She starts. "My aunt's apartment was quite far and the commute was taking a toll on me for almost the entire freshman year. Kii offered for me to stay at his place for free, but even though his apartment was much closer than my aunt, it'd still require a bus ride. I wanted a place that is walking distance from the campus to save time and expenses. So I moved to a one bedroom studio near the campus. On my first night, I couldn't sleep because of the noise next door. I wanted to go and talk to the neighbor but was afraid I might disturb a nighttime activity even though the noise I heard weren't voices." She laughed. "Anyways, I opted to do it the next day. That's the time I found out he was my next door neighbor, Leo. He apologized telling me he just got back that afternoon and was rearranging his furniture. He didn't think I had already moved in since it was still a week before classes begin. And since he was on his way out to eat lunch, he asked me to join him. He'd treat me as an apology for losing my sleep and having a not so good first night at the new place. So that's how it started. We became friends. And since we lived in the same building and went to the same university, many times we'd walk to the campus and back home together. In those times, he'd gotten to know Kii and Kii had seen us become closer and closer. But when I realized I liked him, I got scared. I started avoiding him because we were good as close friends and I was afraid that I'd mess it up again because of my feelings." She paused for a while, stared at her hand that was connected to him. "I was afraid of a repeat of you and me. I was terrified of being hurt again. Honestly. I gave him a hard time. But he didn't give up, and it's no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter