Chapter 25

A Story Titled You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Eri checked her messages for the nth time. She hadn't heard from Seokjin since that night at the bar. And that was two days ago. In that time she had moved from the inn to Kii's place.

"Still no word from your knight in shining armor?" Kii asked from the sink.

She held out her mug for a refill of the ice cream she'd been eating for the past fifteen minutes on the kitchen island. "No. If we were dating I'm pretty sure that kiss was the break-up kiss." Actually it had been a nice kiss, but then there had been that look in his eye. The one that said he was thinking of an excuse to take-off, eager to head to his pick-up truck. Though he did say goodnight and waited for her to get in before he left. The man was nothing if not protective. She blinked. "I think I know what the problem is."

He nodded as he took the ice cream tub from the freezer and refilled her mug. "Me too. He is the only one in this town, other than me, that likes you?"

Even though that hurt to hear, she made sure the emotion didn't show in her face. "You're right. But that wasn't the one I was referring to. Seokjin and I never had a chance. It's probably for the best that we didn't take our relationship any further. I'll be going back to Seoul after your opening anyway."

"So you're just giving up on him?" Kii asked. "Well, I don't want to force you to do anything. As much as I love having you here my hero, I know you love your career. And I'm already holding you back for a week."

That's right. A week is already plenty of time away from work. And her sister already messaged her yesterday and extended an olive branch, though it was more like a twig, but whatever. Even though Miyoung left out a lot of things saying its best that Seokjin be the one to tell her, at least her sister no longer hated her. Taehyung had explained that drunken kiss and he also told Miyoung of Eri's heroic defence of Kii at the bar. Miyoung was just glad she had been there to defend Kii. Maybe because Miyoung's personality is not someone who is brave enough to stand up against someone on behalf of someone. Or else she would've stood up against their aunt as the older sister. Miyoung, just like their mother, is the type of person that doesn't want conflicts. No wonder Kii said he'd never had anyone defend him like what she did. As for Miyoung and Taehyung's engagement, from what her sister said, they still had issues to work out.

 

At the ping of an incoming message, both their eyes jerked to her phone.

She opened the message and couldn't help but release a disappointed sigh. The text wasn't from Seokjin. "It's from Myoung." She told Kii. "Mom told her to tell me that she's free now and that I can go there anytime."

"That's good. But make sure your aunt won't be there when you go."

"Unless you're kicking me out, I'm not leaving." She said. "I do plan to visit there before going back to Seoul, but I'm not staying there. Besides, we don't know if the wedding is still on so I might not come back to this town once I leave. You'll just have to come and see me in Seoul."

"You can stay here until the weekend Rii, you know that. But about the wedding, let's hope it goes through. I'm already done with everyone's fittings."

They both laughed.

Eri continued eating her ice cream, contemplating on her disappointment that the message wasn't from Seokjin. No matter how she tries to give up on him, she can't... just yet. Which she eventually told Kii after some persuading.

"I can be your fairy godfather. Now here's what I think you should do. Are you ready to hear it?"

She nodded.

"Convince the citizens of Bunhong that you're not the person they think you are. You and your sister already cleared-up the misunderstanding and made-up but the townspeople don't know those details. Win them over. What do you think?"

"I think your plan is doomed to fail. It's a small town. Everyone knows everyone's business, and they don't forget a single thing."

"Okay, so why not do something for the town? You're rich. Buy them. Like donate or something."

"..."

"Oh I know! The people are up in arms because the school board plans to close the high school. Teachers, parents, and people in town are trying to save the school. Dana is the president of the PTA committee thingy, but she's pregnant. She's already on leave from the position because I heard it's a high risk pregnancy."

"I'm not helping save the high school. My worst memories are from my years attending that school."

He nodded. "I forgot because I wasn't around that time. Don't worry about it. We'll think of something else."

"And why is Dana the president when her baby isn't even born yet?"

"She is the official guardian of her niece after her sister and her husband died from a car crash."
"Oh... I didn't know about that."

"Yeah, it happened years ago. The girl is fine now, she lives with her grandmother with her aunt Dana as her official guardian, and she attends the high school. I heard she gets along well with the Kim brothers, calling them uncles."

"I think I know why Seokjin isn't interested in me anymore."

"Oh please, that man is into you he nearly–"

"Let me finish. Remember the other night, we both agreed Seokjin's a protector right?"

"I didn't name him your knight in shining armor for no reason."

"That's what I mean. I stood up for you. And now that I know my anxiety attacks don't have anything to do with my heart, I don't need protecting anymore."

"Uhm... I need to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter