Chapter 8

A Story Titled You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After dinner, Namjoon had to go back to the police station. Taehyung followed Miyoung who was talking to Kii on the phone outside. And both Sunhee and Sangwoo are in the sink, cleaning and washing the dishes together.

Eri stood in the hallway staring at her mother and step-father. They look like they get along well. Her mother seems like she’s happy. She has moved on. After all it’s been five years since they’ve married and more than eleven years since Eri’s father passed away. She tells herself she should be happy for her mother as well. The same person who was so hurt when her first husband died that she could barely look straight at her youngest daughter because her eyes are an exact resemblance of his.

She sighed. She couldn’t leave and settle at the inn yet because there’s still dessert. Only Namjoon was exempted because he had a valid reason. And Eri had run out of excuses for today.

 

“Hey. Can I talk with you for a bit?” Seokjin appeared by her side.

“I’m really tired today. Let’s continue this altercation next time. I’m here all week.” She replied, her voice bitter.

Seokjin thinks he deserved such words. He meant to apologize earlier but it went wrong and different words came out instead.

She heads outside, making sure they are far enough that they won’t be heard by her mother and step-father in case they get into another argument again. He followed right behind her.

She stopped just before the steps and leaned on the wall.

He did the same and leaned on the opposite wall.

 

 

Now that she’s in front of him in full view, he noticed her clothes suit her well. Her blue tank top fit snug at her c h e s t and waist, and her long plaid skirt accentuated her tall figure. Her feet were bare. He shifted a little, drawing his gaze to her face and determined to keep it there. But only looking at her face did nothing to lessen the flare of heat. She was even more beautiful without the full make-up earlier. And her dark hair resting just past her bare shoulders… Jesus, what was he thinking, when he should be apologizing. He cleared his throat. “Like I said, I didn’t mean to hit you with the ball. And I didn’t know you can’t swim.”

“Is that an apology?” She asked.

“Yeah.” He muttered.

“You s u c k at this, but okay then. How’s your leg though?” She said. “Before he left, I heard Namjoon telling uncle that your leg is bothering you. I thought maybe it was because you carried me earlier.”

Seokjin was going to k i l l his brother. But before he could reply to her, her attention shifted somewhere else. He followed her gaze and it turns out, she is looking at the front house.

 

Eri’s attention was caught by the two people behind the sliding doors. Their conversation couldn’t be heard but anyone can tell they were arguing. It was Miyoung and Taehyung. Eri had only been in town for half a day but she had seen her sister and her fiancé argue three times already. Maybe… That’s it!

Seokjin will never be his prince charming because he is Miyoung’s. And the reason why Miyoung and her ex-boyfriends never worked out because she was destined to be with her first love. Eri can’t let her sister make the same mistakes she did with her exes in the past. Seokjin and Miyoung were meant to be! “I have something to tell you.”

“What did you do?” He asked.

“Nothing… yet.” She looked at him under her lashes, nibbling on her bottom lip. “It’s about you and me doing something.”

He stared at her, stunned.

He thought everything between them was done.

That night eleven years ago when he had a few drinks, he messaged Miyoung but instead it was Eri who showed up. In his drunken state, he lost all control. He ended up making love to Eri. Though from her point of view, it was probably more like he forced himself on her and she hated what happened because she left town after that and never came back, making him feel guilty on his own. It wasn’t his intention. And being fooled by Eri, Seokjin had been mad. He was for a long time.

He had planned to meet Miyoung to tell her something, but that happened instead.

The memories of long ago reignited his anger and he released a harsh laugh. “You and I won’t be doing anything together, Eri. Not now, not ever. So you just get those thoughts out of your head.”

“What were you thinking? I didn’t mean that.” She cast a nervous glance around, afraid someone else might’ve heard. “What I was trying to say is that you and Myoung were meant to be together! I know you think so too. I’ve been watching you. You’re in pain. It comes out as anger, but I know it’s because you’re sad. I don’t blame you. It’s my fault you’re not together. If not for me, you’d probably be married by now. I know that. That’s why I’m going to fix everything. Myoung doesn’t seem happy either, and she deserves to be. We just have to come up with a plan to show her that you’re the one and not–” She frowned. “What’s wrong Seokjin? Are you choking? Were you eating something?”

He pushed himself to speak. “If you do one thing, just one thing to mess up what Miyoung and Taehyung have, I’m going to tell everyone on what you’re up to. Do us all a favour, yourself included, and just head back to Seoul.”

“Why are you pretending that this isn’t what you want? You told me yourself that you love her.”

 

“Rii? Jin, what’s going on?” Miyoung walked across the concrete path towards them.

“Nothing. Nothing is going on.” Eri said, giving her sister a bright smile. “Where’s Taehyung?”

“He’s still in there.” Miyoung answered referring to the front house. “I’m waiting for him.”

“Oh okay. Then you and Seokjin can wait for him together.” Eri then gave Seokjin a smug smile before heading back inside first.

 

Seokjin bowed his head. He didn’t want to tell Miyoung, but she had to know.

“Are you going to tell me what she’s up to or should I guess?” Miyoung asked.

He shouldn’t be surprised by her question. No one knew Eri as well as her sister. Once he finished laying out what her younger sister had said, Miyoung pinched the bridge of her nose. “Should we tell her? Because I really didn’t need to deal with this on top of everything else. I have enough problems with work at the school and personally with Taehyung, without Eri getting into the mix.”

“So send her packing. Ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter