Chapter 4

A Story Titled You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Don’t call me that. My name is Eri.” She tried to stay calm as she made her way past him.

“Am I not allowed to call you by your nickname now?” He asked as he followed her inside.

“Its usage is reserved for the people special to me.” She replied. She lied a little though. She preferred being called by her last name at work but doesn’t really mind what people call her outside of work. It was her bestfriend that gave her that nickname, then her family started calling her by that too. Even her father, the person who gave her name said that the nickname is cute and fits her. She likes being called by either but prefers for Seokjin to call her by her real name now as calling her ‘Rii’ again might bring up old memories.

She was so busy trying to turn off that annoying theme song in her head while managing the thundering throbs of her heart that she didn’t notice the step in the lobby and almost tripped.

“Jesus.” Seokjin muttered with an irritated look on his handsome face as she tried to balance herself and regain her composure. He came down the step and held her wrist. “Are you okay?”

She withdraws her hand from his tight grip. “I’m okay.”

The man didn’t know his own strength. He was built like an athlete he’d once been in high school. Thick neck, wide shoulders, broad chest, narrow hips and tightest behind. Actually since he stood in front of her, she hadn’t gotten a look at his behind. But she didn’t imagine it had changed since she’d last seen him n a k e d eleven years ago. She had to scold herself mentally. What was she thinking at this time? So inappropriate. The point was, his athletic built in high school and the training in the police academy along with the military service further strengthened and hardened the man.

Her heels put her eye level with his chin. She lifted her gaze to his beautifully shaped mouth. Those sensually full lips. She briefly closed her eyes and released a disheartened sigh.

Kim Seokjin would never be the answer to her prayers.

 

He made an aggravated sound in his throat and also withdrew the hand that she seemed to be eager to get away from seconds ago.

“There you are!” Miyoung appeared behind Eri. “I thought you got lost on the way here so I sent Jin to find you.”

“You didn’t need to, really.” Eri replied. “I just needed a moment to catch my breath from all that walking.” And to prepare to see her aunt, neighbors, people from high school, basically everyone that isn’t her sister and mother.

He crossed his arms as she stared at Eri. “What’s with the accent?”

“What are you talking about? I don’t have an accent.” She replied.

“Don’t know why I even bothered to ask.” He said as if talking to himself.

Eri didn’t understand why he had to be so rude. The man held a grudge longer than anyone she knew.

“Thank you Jin for finding Eri for me.” Miyoung thanked him.

“No he didn’t! I was already outside when he saw me.” Eri reasoned out. “Besides, you shouldn’t be here. Go back inside.” She said to Miyoung as Seokjin walked away and left the two of them.

She gasped when she saw the ugly vivid, red scars that ravaged the back of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter