Chapter 28

A Story Titled You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Eri sat in the back of Taehyung's car.

During lunch earlier, Miyoung got a call from her wedding photographer informing her that he'd found a good spot for the prenup photoshoot in Bunhong other than the tourist-filled pink fields. But since it's a private property, the owner can only meet them on the weekends. Miyoung wasted no time and wanted to check out the area in the same afternoon. She wanted her sister to come with so here they are. They had just finished touring the venue.

 

Miyoung in the passenger seat turned to her. "I think you spent enough time with Kibum already, why don't you come home. You, mom and I haven't had some time with just us. Unless you're moving in with Seokjin. You're not, are you?"

 

Eri caught Taehyung's eyes in the rearview mirror. It was as bad as lunch earlier. The 'lunch date' was supposed to be just the three of them mother and daughters but somehow Sangwoo, Taehyung and Sangwoo's nephews Seokjin and Namjoon with his wife Dana ended up eating with them too. Eri felt like she and Seokjin were under a microscope with everyone watching their every move. And Kii wasn't there with her so within just three minutes, she'd wanted to go back to Kii's place or Seokjin's hanok. But Seokjin hadn't asked before he left, and if she was honest, she'd been a bit disappointed. Not that she let him know. But maybe it was better if they take things slow. "No. We're dating, it's not like we're engaged or something."

 

'Han Eri and Kim Seokjin'. How many times had she scribbled that in her notebook back in high school, making a heart around their names? Too many times to count. You'd think now that her long-ago dream had come true, she'd be over the moon. But all she seemed to do was worry, waiting for the next shoe to drop. He'd always been the unattainable guy. He'd been the knight in shining armor male lead in her fairytale books while the whole time she'd just been the supporting side character.

 

"Dating here right? You're not going back to Seoul yet?"

 

"No." She told her sister. "You know Namjoon is issuing me a community service assignment later today so I'll be in town a while longer." If Namjoon wasn't her step-father's nephew and Seokjin's brother, she would've complained during lunch earlier. One usually only gets a ticket for their first offense. But she's about to get community service for God knows how many hours.

Her phone rang. "Speaking of the devil." She murmured, then took a deep breath and put a smile on her voice. "Good afternoon chief, what can I do for you?"

 

Miyoung grimaced at Eri's business-customer-service pleasing tone voice, then picked up her own phone.

 

Her sister's reaction made Eri wonder if she should be worried. "Yes, we're done with the venue visit. We're on our way back now and... Pardon me, could you repeat that? I think I heard you wrong?" Eri prayed she really heard him wrong because her pulse had already begun to quicken in , her body warm and clammy beneath her white sundress. The dress that she wore for lunch, because she couldn't continue wearing that green see-through one from Kii's opening.

 

 

Namjoon repeated the assignment on the phone.

 

She didn't hear him wrong. "No, you can't force me to do this. I refuse! I absolutely refuse to chair the committee to save Bunhong High. I'll run a literacy program or something. Anything but this, and if you try and force me, I'll sue abuse of–"

 

Miyoung leaned over the seat and grabbed the phone from Eri and handed her hers. "Talk to him, it's Seokjin."

 

Of course, her sister called him. They all thought he was Eri's anxiety pill. The one person who could keep her calm and see reason. Maybe they were right, but this time was different. It was his brother who was sending her into an anxiety attack. And she wasn't happy with Seokjin at the moment. He left town for something urgent after lunch earlier and just told her he'd tell her everything once he gets back. If only Kii was here. He'd understand why she couldn't go back to that school. Seokjin should too. She lifted the phone to her ear. "Do you know what your brother asked me to do? No, scratch that, he told me I have to do."

 

"I can guess. He wants you to work on the committee to save Bunhong High doesn't he?"

 

"No. He wants me to head the committee. His wife's inability to fulfill her duties doesn't make it my responsibility. I'm not doing it and he can't make me. I'll call my lawyer."

 

"Seriously, you're going to sue my brother? Didn't we have this conversation at the lookout point? This is your chance, helping out uncle, Dana and your sister would make the whole family like you." His tone was clipped. "I don't understand why you're making a big deal out of this. Yes, I get that you were bullied in high school, but Rii, that was a decade ago. This is just a couple of days out of your life."

 

Eri rubbed her chest and fought back angry tears. "Did you just tell me to grow up and get over the bullying I withstood for tw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter