Chapter 30

A Story Titled You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Seokjin pulled up in front of a flower shop on the main road.

Namjoon had texted him for a favor to stop by his mother-in-law’s shop on his way home and give a ride to his wife because he currently can’t at the moment.

Seokjin couldn’t say no considering his sister-in-law is pregnant. But he planned to make it a quick drive. Eri was holding another committee meeting tonight, and he promised to be there. He’d driven straight the entire afternoon to be able to make it tonight. Out of town trips didn’t bother him before, but now with Eri in his life, it did. It was only one day and one night away from Bunhong but he wanted to be back home as soon as possible. Though he’d want to keep that to himself. His brother would if he found out. That’s one of the reasons why he gladly accepted the favor.

 

As soon as he got out of his truck, a searing pain shot from his foot to his knee. One more thing he had to hide, his leg was killing him after the drive. To hell with it. He thought and leaned across the driver’s seat to retrieve the unopened bottle from the glove box. Eri was right. There was no shame in taking the pills for his pain. He unscrewed the lid. Since he was driving, he only took one in his mouth instead of the prescribed two. Grabbing the cold cup of the coffee from the holder, he took a mouthful.

His sister-in-law chose that moment to come out of the flower shop. “Thanks for coming–“ Dana’s gaze dropped to the prescription bottle in Seokjin’s hand and grinned. “About time. Joon had been pestering you about it for years, but I guess we have Eri to thank for you finally taking your meds.”

Great. No doubt Dana would be sharing the news to Namjoon and the rest of the family. “What makes you think Eri has anything to do with me.” Seokjin began, as he tossed the plastic bottle onto the front seat, then helped his sister-in-law to the passenger seat while Dahye hopped onto the back seat.

“You usually enjoy your trips out of town before that you usually stay longer there and sightsee. But you were reluctant to leave yesterday and drove the entire afternoon just to make it home today. So yeah sure, I totally believe it has nothing to do with Eri.” Dana said with a snort.

He could see his sister-in-law’s point. This was the first time in so long that he was excited to come home. He wanted to make up to Eri for lost time, but he couldn’t think straight because of the pain. He probably should’ve taken the painkiller sooner. Seokjin thought as he began to drive.

“Thank you for coming to pick up and drive us home. I told Joon that I’m fine, and that Dahye is with me.” Dana said. “Are you going to the meeting?”

“I was thinking about it.” He answered, careful not to give himself away.

“It started an hour ago. After Eri’s speech this morning, it’s expected to be a full house.” She pressed her lips together. “I should be there, but your brother’s being overprotective.”

“Can’t fault your husband for looking out for his pregnant wife. And what was that about Eri’s speech?”

“You should’ve been there uncle Jin, it was scary and cool at the same time.” Dahye, who'd been quiet the whole time, joined the conversation. “Pretty sure it will be a standing-room only at the meeting tonight.”

He’d talked to Eri after the meeting this morning, but she hadn’t mentioned anything about her speech to him. And there was only one reason she’d hold back. “How bad was it?”

“I can get you the audio if you’d rather listen to it yourself. The committee secretary recorded the entire speech.” Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter