Chapter 32

A Story Titled You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Missed me?” Seokjin asked with an amused smile on his handsome face.

Eri didn’t hesitate or hold back. She wrapped her arms around his neck and returned his smile. “Yes, it felt like you were gone forever.”

“Guess we better start making up for lost time then.” He said, lowering his head.

At the touch of his warm mouth on hers, a small sigh of contentment escaped her, and she closed her eyes.

He smiled against her lips.

She would’ve done the same but at that moment, he deepened the kiss. And the slow dance of his mouth on hers transported her to another place. A place where hopes and dreams come true, and the man she’d been in love with since she was sixteen loved her too.

Because if a kiss had meaning, that’s what it meant. And as he bought his hand up and under her hair, his fingers caressing the side of her neck, there was an assurance. An assurance that this night would not end with just a kiss. And no matter how perfect the kiss was, how it made the butterflies in her stomach come alive and her toes curl with every of the tip of his tongue, she wanted more.

He gently pulled away and slid his lips across her cheek to her ear. “In case you can’t tell, I missed you too Eri.”

She opened her eyes and smiled. “I can’t. I think you need to show me some more.”

He laughed, then gave her one last deep passion filled kiss before lowering her to her feet. “I plan to.” He said, and scooped the baseball, glove and bat from the ground. “Actually I plan to play some baseball with you. Teach you some since I didn’t get to do it back then. But for now I thought we’d go somewhere else.”

“You want to go out for dinner?” She asked. Even though she is not the athletic type, the idea of being taught baseball by him interested her. She saw him play a few times in high school and wondered if she could be like those girlfriends of other players sitting on the bleachers watching their boyfriend play or going to batting cages during dates. She never got to do that with Jungkook when they were dating because he was a celebrity. Jungkook actually didn’t mind if they went public, and had invited her in few of his games but it was her who valued her privacy and at the same time didn’t want his career to be affected. So she never really went to any of his games in person, nor did they go to batting cages as people might recognize him. But she did monitor his games whenever it's live on tv.

“Not exactly.” Seokjin said, taking her hand and leading her to the parking lot and in to his truck.

 

 

He took her by hand as soon as she got out of the truck and they started walking.

 

“Where are we?” She recognized it as the pink fields but the place was deserted since it was past closing time. Though not far, she can see a few glowing lanterns, a throw blanket laid on the ground, a picnic hamper and a bouquet of flowers on the wooded area right next to the pink fields.

 

“Is that for us?” She didn’t know local tourism offered date packages.

 

“For you mostly.” He scratched his chin. “I grabbed a couple of burgers on my way, but if you’d rather go out for din–“

 

“No, this is perfect!” It was better than perfect. It meant Seokjin was late because he had gone out of his way and out of his comfort zone to do something romantic for her. She’d wondered if she picked the location purposely.

 

“You wanna play catch first?” He let go of her hand, tossing the baseball above his head and catching it easily with one hand.

 

She arched an eyebrow at him. She was interested earlier but not now, after seeing the romantic setting. “I’m not exactly dressed for playing baseball.”

 

“Yeah you’re right.” He said with a wicked gleam in his eyes. And before she knew what he was up to, he tackled her to the ground. Breaking her fall with a hand at the back of her head and an arm around her waist. They tumbled into the blanket. He smiled down at her. “Bring back any memories?”

 

 

So he did bring her here on purpose. This is the place where that night they’d made love happened eleven years ago. It had been the first time for both of them. And while given the circumstances, it hadn’t been perfect, she remembered every moment of that night. Sadly she also remembered the pain and fallout afterwards as clearly. “Yes, but I thought you’d forgotten or maybe you’d wanted to.”

 

He searched her face, then rolled off her to sit up and help her to do the same.

 

She pulled her knees to her chest and glanced at him. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to spoil the mood.”

 

“You didn’t… Okay, so you kinda did.”

 

She raised an eyebrow.

 

“I’m just surprised that after these past few days, you’d think I'm still mad at you. We were kids back then Eri. And kids make mistakes.”

 

“You think us making love was a mistake?”

 

“No.” He looked out over the field, then turned his head to look at her. “I just think we were lucky you didn’t get pregnant. And you were young Rii.”

 

“So were you.”

 

“Yeah but I’m a guy. But for a girl… your first time shouldn’t have been on a random field with a drunk guy.”

 

It was her turn to look away. “Yeah, you were waiting for Miyoung that night, not me. You intended to make love to her, not me. I bet if you weren’t drunk, you never would’ve been able to even kiss me.”

 

“No Eri, let me clear up something.”

 

She refused to look at him. Pressing her hand on her chest. The pain from eleven years ago started to sting again. Back then she was afraid he would be mad once he woke up and found out it wasn’t Miyoung who he’d made love to. So she forced herself to stand up despite the pain and slowly walked in the middle of the cold night, in tears, making her way to the highway. She stood there waiting, her chest tightening on her, her palms sweating, until the chest pain was too much to bear and she passed out. She was lucky someone picked her up and brought her to the hospital where she woke up the next day.

 

“Hey.” He took her chin between his fingers and forced her to look at him. “I thought you played me Rii. You avoided me, suddenly showed up out of nowhere and then left town purposely. I didn’t know you had a crush on me. I’m sorry. But let me tell you the whole story. Miyoung and I never dated.”

 

She narrowed her eyes at him. Swatting away his hold of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter