Chapter 36

A Story Titled You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Seokjin paced in the lobby of the hospital. He wanted to be here for Eri when she arrived. It would be hard enough on her knowing that her mother was in a car accident, doubly hard dealing with her own issues.

He was on his way to the high school with a bouquet of flowers in the passenger seat of his truck when he saw the three-car accident on the road and recognized Sunhee's mini cooper. So he followed the ambulance to the hospital instead.

He looked up to see Taehyung walking towards him.

"Miyoung says she and your uncle are on the way." Taehyung informed him.

"How's Eri?" Seokjin had been trying to reach her for the past ten minutes. He'd thought it's best to wait until they knew the full extent of Sunhee's injuries before calling her.

"Don't know. I only called Miyoung because I know Eri would be doing her presentation."

"How about auntie?"

"The senior doctors are still in there, but I heard from the paramedics who bought her in, that she's conscious, which is a good sign. I can't say the same for the other two drivers though."

"..."

"Hey."

"Yeah, sorry. I'm just worried about Eri. And Miyoung and my uncle too obviously. But more on Eri."

 

 

The two turned at the sound of squealing tires.

 

A black Porsche roared in front of the hospital.

 

 

"What kind of– wait... that's Eri's car and... she's driving? What was Joon thinking letting her behind the wheel in the state she's in?!" Seokjin's temper was obvious as he strode towards the glass doors. She didn't need his anger right now. She needs his support. He'd save the lecture for when they know Sunhee is okay. And she would be okay.

Taehyung followed after him. "I doubt your brother or anyone for that matter could stop her, but Kii is with her."

 

The Porsche had barely jerked to a stop when the driver-side door flew open and Eri jumped from the car. Her gaze shot to him.

He took in the panic in her glassy brown eyes on her pale face, and opened his arms.

She ran the few meters that separated them.

He closed her arms around her, holding her tight, murmuring words of comfort as she buried her face in his broad chest.

 

Kii got out of the car. He was even paler than Eri. He leaned against the hood with his palm pressed to his heart. "I thought I was going to die." His voice was a hoarse whisper.

 

Seokjin guessed he probably was screaming the entire ride there.

Eri stepped away from him. "Where's mom? How is she?"

He was a little surprised at the steadiness of her voice. He'd been preparing for the worst.

"Doctors are with her now." He answered. "She's conscious."

She nodded.

"Are you all right?"

"I just wanna see my mom. I need to see her." Her chin trembled, but she held it together.

He took her hand. "Okay come on."

 

Just then Miyoung, Sangwoo, Namjoon and others arrived next after the other.

Taehyung and Kii went to meet them,

Seokjin was glad because he knew how Eri felt about people witnessing her attacks and wanted to save her from embarrassment. He watched her closely as he led the way, noting her momentary hesitation. But just as he was about to reassure her, she squared her shoulders and headed for the ER.

 

Not long after arriving in front of the ER, Miyoung caught up to them. "Han Eri! What the hell were you thinking?!"

"Calm down Miyoung, she's fine." Taehyung said, closely trailing from behind.

"You weren't the one driving behind her. She's lucky to be alive!"

"So am I." Kii murmured from behind.

Eri didn't say a word.

"Mom is in ther

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter