Chapter 21

A Story Titled You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Eri is halfway through her huge bowl of ramyun as she sighs for the nth time. She decided to just ride the bus and go back to the inn. And she isn't in the mood to go through the menu so she just asked for a bowl of ramyun. A spicy one to be specific, just so she'd have a reason in case she ends up shedding a tear or two. In just three days of being in town, she had gone through a roller coaster of emotions. Yesterday was rough, but the one earlier was just pure pain. Her sister's cold treatment, the mean girls' attitude towards her and her aunt's neverending hate for her, all hurt her. But her mother's silence in all of this was the hardest one to take. Eri had always known that Miyoung was her mother's favorite, but she never really displayed it publicly until today. At least that's how she is taking it.

She comforts herself with the fact that she was her father's favorite. He'd left her the biggest chunk of his money when he passed away, only leaving her mother and sister the house. She'd always wondered why, but now she realized that maybe her father knew all along. That her mother and her aunt's favorite had always been Miyoung. Even though Eri endured and stayed silent through all the comparisons and side comments growing up, her father knew. That's why he made sure she would be taken care of the moment he passed away. He even entrusted her to his younger sister in Seoul. The person who eventually took Eri in after she left Bunhong.

She sighs again, her nose a little runny. Not sure if it was because of feelings or the result of the spicy ramyun. She was never good with spicy food. She always avoided it because it wasn't good for her heart. But since she couldn't get herself to drink, because alcohol too is even worse for her heart, she just settled for something spicy.

The owner of the inn, who is also the one that runs the restaurant and also the cook, mentioned that the ramyun she's having is only mildly spicy but it was enough for her face to turn red.

She thanked the owner after telling him to charge the meal to her room and stood up to leave. She plans to go back to her room and sleep away the entire afternoon.

 

Walking out of the restaurant, she spotted Taehyung out of the corner of her eye. What is he doing here? But more importantly, this was her chance to make things right. "Taehyung!"

 

 

"Taehyung!" Eri called out and waved.

Taehyung glanced her way. He had on dark sunglasses so it was hard to read his reaction.

After what happened at Kii's shop, she expected another confrontation or rejection. Still, she had to do something and it was probably best that she talk to Taehyung on her own. So she ran down the hallway to catch up to him.

 

When she reached him, it took a moment for her to catch her breath. "Hi. What are you doing in this small inn?"

"Hello Eri. I'm currently staying here." His voice was tight. "What can I do for you?"

"I'm sorry Taehyung, it was my fault. I set everything up."

His expression didn't change, but he put a hand on the wall. It looked like he was steadying himself.

She had to be completely honest with him to make him understand. "I heard about the problems you were having with my sister, and I thought maybe you weren't her one. I didn't mean to hurt either of you. I truly didn't. It was me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter