Chapter 17

A Story Titled You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Everywhere she looked, Eri was reminded of Seokjin.

Even now as she stroll the main street with Kii. They had just finished lunch and are walking back to his shop.

Back then, Seokjin used to accompany her in her daily walk from the school to the hospital when her father was still receiving treatment. Even though the route was out of his way and took a long way back to his house, he insisted on walking her there. The main street is much more populated now because of the new establishments and tourists. Somehow it feels like she's on vacation too. Compared to Seoul and big cities abroad that she visited for work and leisure, there's not much vehicles here. It's a small town after all. Lately she'd been busy with work that she couldn't remember the last time she walked around freely without following a schedule. Every minute of everyday for the last few years had been consumed by her career. Wanting to get ahead, wanting to impress, wanting to be the best. Having the position she has now, the pressure to uphold the expectations were exhausting. She hadn't realized it until today. And she had no doubt, as difficult as it had been to hear, that her heart wasn't to blame for her episodes contributed to her more tranquil state of mind too.

If it wasn't for Seokjin pushing the issue, she'd still be walking around thinking she had a time bomb in her chest.

 

She looked down to her side, her arms intertwined with Kii. It's been a long time too since they spent time with each other ever since he left Seoul to come back to Bunhong. They only see each other when he goes to Seoul to do business. But it's only for a few hours or over a meal because he needs to get back and catch the last train and she herself is busy.

Hoseok had called earlier to tell her that the interview worked out fine and he'd receive the manuscript that she sent this morning. She is spending time with her bestfriend. Her heart feels at ease. She's getting along with her family and Seokjin. And the weather is wonderful. Everything's perfect.

 

And tonight, her and Seokjin's plans. That's what she wanted to focus on. A wonderful night of delicious food, talking about their day, and with that kiss they shared this morning, maybe, just maybe... continue where they left off from last night.

She glanced at her Patek Philippe watch. It was almost one in the afternoon. If Kii didn't have a client scheduled, they would've spent the entire afternoon just eating and chatting.

 

 

Her phone rings. It's her mother.

"Hello mom?"

"Darling where are you?"

"I'm at Kii's shop. We just arrived from lunch. Why?"

"Good that you have Kii with you."

"What's wrong? Are you alright?"

"No. I mean, yes I am. But I have bad news."

Out of habit, Eri's hand went to her chest. Kii beside him noticed and held her arm, both of them standing outside his shop. "What is it? Tell me."

"There's... there's no easy way to say this. Taehyung left your sister."

"What?" Eri is confused. "You mean they had a disagreement? Maybe he just left for a bit, he'll be back."

"It wasn't just a disagreement honey, they had a fight. Taehyung packed his bags and left."

"..." Eri's heart started to beat double time against her ribs. It's a good thing Kii is beside her or else she might not be able to steady herself.

"Just breathe darling. I knew I shouldn't have told you."

"I'm... I'm okay. Is Myoung okay?"

"I have no idea, after Taehyung left, she left as well. But I don't know where to, if she followed him or she's gone somewhere else."

"Did you call her?"

"She won't answer her phone. You know what she's like when she's heartbroken. She shuts down."

"Oh no... not again."

"Wait, Sangwoo's just got a call and he said your sister's with Seokjin at the crafthouse."

Eri stiffened. "Miyoung's with Seokjin?"

"Yes apparently. He's a good boy. Now I feel better knowing she has him to lean on. I have to hang up now darling, I have to talk to Sangwoo since he's gotten close with Taehyung. Maybe he can go talk to him about all this."

"Okay. I'll go see Myoung."

"Thank you darling. Your sister needs your support right now."

Eri chewed anxiously on her bottom lip after ending the call.

"What happened?" Kii finally asked after waiting on the side.

"I need you to drive me to the crafthouse. I'll explain on the way."

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

"Are you sure you don't want me to go in with you?"

"I'm sure. Maybe we'll take my sister out to drink tonight but for now, I got her." Eri said as she got out of Kii's car. "Now go to your appointment, you're already late."

"Keep me posted."

"I'll call you later."

 

 

Jogging her way to the crafthouse's entrance, Eri saw Seokjin's truck and Miyoung's car parked side by side. Suddenly a thought came to her that made her wonder.

Why did Miyoun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter