Chapter 7

A Story Titled You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Even though she thought she was about to die earlier and meet her late father sooner than she thought, Eri thinks her falling to the pond was a blessing in disguise. It was enough reason for her to leave the event early and head home. She insisted she was fine and that she just needed to rest, and for the party to go on as planned. Her stepfather wanted to drive her home but Kii was quick to catch on from her stare and volunteered to accompany her instead. Sunhee and Miyoung were still worried but since it's Kii, they eventually entrusted Eri to him and went back to entertain the guests.

 

She rolled to her side and breathed in the fresh, newly washed sheets.

Kii had left an hour ago.

And she was able to take a quick power nap. If she didn’t get wet, the two of them could’ve detoured to the tailoring shop for that grand tour Kii promised but she needed to get out of her soaked dress. So they had to go straight home. Though Kii did offer for her to change into either a hanbok or wedding dress at his shop if they really ended up going there, which made her laugh to her heart’s content. When they arrived home, she took a quick warm bath while he made her congee out of the ingredients in the fridge. Aside from making clothes, Kii was also good at cooking. He is talented with his hands. They shared the congee over chats and laughs but he didn’t stay long so she could rest. He knew about her heart condition and had been there by her side many times before when it acted up so he knew the incident earlier truly gave her a scare. They can always hangout another day, after all she’s in town for the whole week.

 

It’s almost five, so her family should be arriving anytime now.

True enough, just as she expected, she heard the front door downstairs opened and closed.

She stood up and checked herself in the mirror. She is wearing the clothes she had earlier before the party dress. Blue tank top and plaid skirt, sans the coat. She just realized she’ll be in town for the entire week so she needs clothes. Her clothes now. She is never wearing her old ones. She reminds herself to call Hoseok later after dinner, once she settles in the inn.

 

 

A knock on the door shifted her attention to it.

“Rii?” Miyoung asked. “Are you in there?”

She was about to answer her sister when she heard another voice.

“Maybe she is sleeping.” Taehyung said. “Let her rest.”

“She needs to eat.” Miyoung replied. “She didn’t eat at the party and I’m not sure if she even ate lunch.”

“She didn’t eat lunch? And you’re only saying that now? You should’ve forced her to eat earlier.”

“I said I’m not sure!”

“Well, you should’ve asked her earlier instead of going back to entertaining the guest. She is your sister.”

“I know that! And those guests that I entertained were your co-workers.”

“Exactly, they’re just co-workers. Eri is family.”

 

Eri felt guilty listening to them argue just behind the door. She should’ve gone out earlier instead of waiting. Now she feels awkward but she had to stop this. She slowly opened the door. “Myoung?” She asked, pretending to rub her eyes open as if she just got out of bed.

 

The couple outside stopped arguing and turned to her.

“Rii! Were you asleep? Did we wake you?” Miyoung asked.

“No.” Eri immediately replied. “My alarm went off. I had it set earlier so I’ll wake up in time for dinner.”

“Are you feeling better now?” Her sister asked again.

“Yeah I’m feeling much better now. No need to worry about me on your day.” She said. “Is mom and uncle back as well?”

“Yes, they’re in the back house.” Miyoung answered.

“I’ll go there and help.” She volunteered. Anything just to get herself away from the couple.

 

 

 

===

 

 

 

 

It didn’t take long for Eri to arrive at the back house. It only took her five steps and she’s already there. And it turns out she didn’t need to knock, the door was slightly ajar. She entered as she called, “Mom?”

She noticed the few sets of shoes that were by the entrance. It could be Sangwoo and Taehyung’s. But she was also quick to realize that Taehyung was at the front house.

“Come in, darling.” Sunhee comes to the entrance to greet her. “Are you feeling better now?”

Eri barely registered what Sunhee asked her because behind her mother she caught the sight of the person that caused her to fall into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter