Chapter 3

A Story Titled You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

As soon as the car stopped at the driveway, Eri’s eyes focused on the house. Or she should probably refer to it as plural now, houses.

Five years ago, the reason for her outburst was because the house she grew up in was renovated to become two units instead. She was in the dark the whole time, she only knew about it when she arrived for her mother’s remarriage. She wasn’t able to control her emotions because the house her late father had worked so hard to provide, the place she grew up in, it was all gone. She had thought the renovation was all their mother’s idea that’s why all the negative feelings that Eri felt was directed at their mother, but it turns out it was Miyoung’s.

Miyoung had wanted to give their mother and her new husband space so she decided to divide the house into two. The one at the back will be where their mother and her husband will live and the one in the front will be where she will live. That way she won’t be far from their mother and will still be able to take care of her in times she needed her. The front house is also where Eri can come back home anytime. That plan was supposed to be a surprise that’s why they never told Eri, but it ended up backfiring. Eri’s reaction when she saw it was far from what they expected.

 

Eri heard a knock on the side.

She hadn’t realized Miyoung had gotten off the car and walked to her side of the door, waiting for her to get out after getting Louis.

She was hesitant but she’s already here, she needs to face this situation.

“Welcome home!” Miyoung smiled as she led the way with Louis.

Eri followed her. “Is mom and…” She still feels awkward on what to call their step-father. Unlike her sister, she hasn’t spent that much time with him before and after becoming their mother’s second husband so she’s not comfortable addressing him as ‘uncle’. “…Mr. Kim inside?”

“Mom is already at the venue.” Miyoung answered. “She’s been there since this morning along with uncle. You know how she is.”

That’s right. She would want everything to be perfect for her daughter’s engagement. Eri thought.

“I told her it’s just a simple party but she got pressured by auntie again. I actually don’t know what the venue looks like.” Miyoung continued.

 

The sisters have two blood related aunts. The pretty one is their father’s younger sister, an anaesthesiologist who lives in Seoul. She was the one who took Eri from Bunhong to Seoul, monitored her health and supported her studies. The second is the nasty aunt, their mother’s older sister who isn’t working and is just living off of her late husband’s money.

Her sister is talking about the latter, Sunkyu. Their nasty aunt who married a wealthy old man when she was still young. She took her younger sister to live with her and her husband when their parents died and supported her sister’s education. For that reason and for being the older one, their nasty aunt thinks she can boss their mother around.

Their aunt had always been against their parents’ relationship back then because she thought their father wasn’t good enough and well-off enough for her younger sister. She hated their father, and she preferred Miyoung over Eri, because Miyoung resembled their mother while Eri, despite being a balanced mix of her parents, she had the exact same light brown eyes as her father. And their aunt hated that.

 

Eri’s head is already aching and the party hasn’t even started yet.

 

“Don’t worry, you’ll have plenty of time with mom after the party.” Miyoung said bringing Eri out of her reverie and back to the present. “The party will only be three to four hours max. We’ll be eating dinner back here tonight. Just us family.”

They entered the house in the front and Miyoung went straight ahead to the stairs to bring Louis upstairs.

“Myoung wait! Where are you taking my bag?” Eri stopped her sister.

“Taking Louis to the room.” Miyoung replied, happy to hear her younger sister call her again by the nickname she used to call her.

When Eri was young, she couldn’t pronounce Miyoung’s name properly so instead of ‘Miyoung’ she called her older sister ‘Myoung’.

Eri takes Louis from her sister’s hand. “I’m not gonna stay here and disturb you and Taehyung.

“You’re not disturbing us, you’re family.” Miyoung takes her hand. “When mom and I renovated the place, this part is meant to be for the two of us. I haven’t even met Taehyung five years ago.”

Eri puts her hand on top of her sister’s to reassure her. “I know, you already explained everything to me, but it’s different now. You should spend time with your fiancé. Besides, I already reserved a room at the inn. I heard they have a nice outdoor hot spring.”

 

Miyoung didn’t say anything and just stared at her.

 

“Do you want to spend time with me that much?” Eri tri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter