Chapter 18

A Story Titled You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Seokjin didn't think he'd be comforting a broken hearted Miyoung just two days after she was all smiles at her engagement party.

Now here she is, her head on his shoulders, and him patting her back like a parent soothing a child. Miyoung was a good person and a friend since high school, and now he considers her as family, being his uncle's step-daughter. Seokjin wanted her to be happy. That's why he'd warned Eri not to make any scene at the party, but maybe not everyone gets to have a happily ever after like those dramas on tv or the romance novels Eri used to tell him back in high school about male leads and female leads always ending up together.

Eri.

He's being a bad friend to Miyoung for thinking about his own love life while trying to comfort someone with a broken heart right now. But he can't help it, he wants to see Eri. If Miyoung had not come, he would've been on his way to pick Eri up at Kii's. But why was he thinking of Eri?

Maybe because, watching his younger brother find his one, he wondered if his own one had gotten away.

 

He wanted what his brother had with his wife, what his father had with his mother, and what his uncle had with Sunhee. But Seokjin hadn't found a woman he wanted to share forever with.

Forever?

The longest he managed to stay in a relationship before attraction fizzled was a couple of months, not even a year. And then now, Eri is suddenly back in the picture. Back because he'd been there before eleven years ago. She was actually the first girl he'd consider a forever with. And now, today they have plans. He didn't want to ruin it again like what he did back in high school.

 

He really is being a bad friend-slash-relative in-law to Miyoung right now. He's thinking of how to extricate himself without hurting her feelings. He eased back, reaching up to gently remove Miyoung's arms from his neck.

Miyoung jerked away from him, dropping her hands to her sides. "I'm so sorry, I ended up being comfortable. And your shirt is a little wet now."

Seokjin checked and it was indeed because she'd been crying silently. "Don't apologize, we're friends and you had a crappy day."

"Thank you. I hope I didn't make you feel uncomfortable. I've really thought of you as a good friend since high school and now as kinda like a brother after my mom and your uncle got married." Miyoung replied. "It's just, I'm tired of getting hurt. That's all."

"I understand."

"And the reason I came here is not just because of that poem that Taehyung saw. Even though it's all Eri's plan, I'm more afraid of what Taehyung might find out. If he calls any of my friends and asks about you. They're going to tell him about us in high school and he's already not listening to me. I don't know what to do. Even though I said that we shouldn't be together without trust, I still love him and I-"

"Hey calm down." Seokjin put his hands on her shoulders. "You need to call Taehyung and talk this through. If you want, I can help you explain to him that situation back in high school."

"But I don't know where he is. He isn't picking up my calls. And he obviously has trust issues."

"You love him don't you?"

She nodded and said quietly. "Yeah I do."

"And you're not just gonna give up like you did with Jungkook back in high school right?"

She raised his head to meet his eyes. "Are you making fun of my first love."

"I'm just trying to cheer you up. He was the reason why we had that setting anyway. A setting that made Eri send that poem in the first place. You know what, we should also tell Eri the truth."

"I told you that in the beginning!"

"I know. I just... just realized now that I don't want any misunderstandings anymore."

"You're right. I can understand why Taehyung overreacted to the poem because just like what Hwi did to me, Taehyung also caught his ex-girlfriend cheating on him."

"That's rough." Seokjin said with a grimace. He slung his arm around Miyoung's shoulders. "Let's leave these boxes to Mrs. Park and go find Taehyung. I also have to pick up Eri, and then we can explain everything to them. Actually I have more to say to her, I don't want her to have another anxiety attack."

"About that, mom and uncle told me about it during lunch. I feel like an idiot as her older sister. Mom is understandable as she didn't visit her often in Seoul, but how did I miss the signs? I should've picked up on that."

"Yeah. The past couple of days with her have been... enlightening. It's an act. Her looking like she has it all together. The image of that cold and aloof city woman. But she's far from vain or arrogant, underneath it all, she's still the sweet, genero-"

"Oh my, you're falling for her."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are!"

Shoving his hands in the front pockets of his jeans, he looked around the display area where they just arrived. "Maybe. I don't know, but there's something there."

Miyoung was staring at his expression when Mrs. Park walked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter