Chapter 16

Arranged Marriage

ARRANGED MARRIAGE

Chapter 16

YEONWOO'S POV

It's now more than a year after Nancy gave birth.

"Hon are you sure you don't want me to stay?"

"It's ok honey. Mama and Jenny are here for me."

"But Dane's giving you a hard time since last night." I said as I approached her with my princess in my arms, she's been crying the whole night and Nancy would wake up and attend to Dane as she let me sleep. She said I still have work so she lets me sleep.

She took Dane from me, who's now sleeping but would soon cry if she felt she's not been carried by anyone of us.

"Naglalambing lang siya." she said winking.

"Ok, I'll go to work but call me anytime, ha?" I said.

"I will, go now. You'll be late." she replied and I kissed my princess before going to my son who's silently lying in his little bed. "You both are opposite, aren't you, big fella? Dane so grumpy while you're so serene." I said as I crouched down to him and gave him a kiss but instantly his hand slapped my nose. "What the..." I said in surprised. "What was that for?" I asked as if he understands me.

I heard Nancy chuckled.

"He said don't say anything bad to his sister or you're gonna deal with him." Nancy said and turned to sleeping Dane "you have a very protective brother here, ha Dane?"

"So that means I'm the antagonist in this family, hmmm." I said while kissing my son again. I want to stay a little longer but I still have a meeting this morning. So I stood up lazily and approached my wife. "I'll go home early." I whispered while giving her a kiss. Long and sweet.

"You're always been early, honey." she said. Yes, I've always been early since Nancy and I got back from the States and had our twins. I always see to it that we eat breakfast and dinner together, sometimes during lunch she'll dropped by at my office to bring me food, she just wants to feed me with the food she prepared. Naging parte ako ng paglilihi niya dahil halos everyday nasa office siya. And I saw how she's intimidated with Joy's presence. She's really jealous of her. I tried to have a leave of absence during her pregnancy. I had but when I'm at home she's pushing me out of our house to work. Hirap lang intindihin.

I can't help but smile of the thought. "Am I the reason for that smile?" Bumalik ang diwa ko sa kasalukuyan.

"Always, hon. You're my reason for everything." I truthfully said and she flashed a shy smile. "Got to go." I said and gave her a kiss again then I silently stormed out of the door, if I stay a little longer I would call on sick again.

Nancy had moments of loneliness and insecurities when she was pregnant, especially when she sees me talking with lady clients and business partners. Sabi ni Mama part daw ng paglilihi. Nagiging sensitive at selosa siya.

There was one time when she arrived at my office during lunch time and saw Joy who's wearing bottom down shirt but left 3 open buttons and obviously Nancy hated the view.

//FLASHBACK//

"What's your size?" Nancy asked when Joy emerged at the door of my office.

"Excuse me, Miss Lee?" Joy asked back while I was surprised too.

"I mean what's the size of your shirt?" Nancy repeated.

"Why?" Joy didn't answer Nancy

"Do you have a younger sister?"' Nancy 

"Why?" Joy

I saw Nancy's expression and she's really starting to get pissed.

"Hon, bakit mo tinatanong kung may nakababata siyang kapatid?" I intervened trying to cool down the brewing heat. Nancy gave me a 'don't-say-another-word-look' then turn her eyes to Joy again.

"Just wondering if you have a younger sister 'cause it looks like you're wearing her shirt. Isn't that too small for you?" Nancy

"Ahm, I feel comfortable with this...Mrs. Lee—-"

"How can you be comfortable with that shirt?" Nanct didn't finish Joy

"Ah hon."

"What?" Nancy said sounding really pissed. So I looked at Joy and signalled for her to leave my office. She nod and slowly walked out of the room.

"Hon..." I calmly called Nancy

"What, Yeonwoo?"

"Aren't you being rude?" I said careful of my tone.

"Am I? Why, Yeonwoo? Do you really like a body like her and fed up with the body of a 7-month old pregnant me?"

"No, Nancy. Of course not. How can you say that?" I said as convincing as I could. "Look, hon that's not what I meant, Ok." as I slowly approached her but she stepped back. I took another step when my phone rang.

"Hello, Ms. Shiela?"

"Who's Shiela?" Nancy suddenly asked her look not just pissed but a shadow of jealousy written on her face.

"Ms. Shiela, can I call you back? Thank you. Bye." I said and dropped the call. "Hon, Shiela is just one of our business partners." I said as calmly as I could.

"Then why did you drop the call? You don't want me to hear you talking to her?"

"No, no hon. We're still talking and you're the most important person than anyone else, so I asked that I'll just call her later." para akong nagapaliwanag sa bata.

"Go ahead, you can call her now." she said extending her hand and pointing at my cellphone.

"Hon..."

"Call her, if she really is your client or business partner or whatever business you have with her." she said, I surrendered, I took my phone and made a call.

"Hello, Shiela Sorry I hanged up...Ah yes...I already saw the details but there are few questions that I want to clarify. The location is good and the price is amenable but I think we need to consider the people around, too. You're perfectly aware that we're not all for profit...Yes...I understand... Hyebin will call you about the details...Thank you...Bye Shiela..." I ended the call and I just saw Nancy almost about to cry. "H-hon, what's wrong?" as I quickly approached and hug her then held her face, now almost red and I don't know why.

"Please, hon. Don't cry. Why? what's wrong?" I asked.

"A-are you mad?

"Mad?Me? Why would I? Bakit mo nasabi yan?" I said while I now held her sides and gently caress her.

"B-because I'm rude and jealous and bipolar and—-" I didn't let her continue and instantly cupped her face and kissed her sweetly. I savor her lips. I never wanted to end the kiss yet when I realised where we are. I slowly pull back but remained close to her.

"I love you, Nancy. So much. I love you being kind and lovable and I love you being rude and bipolar. I love the whole you, I understand everything where you're coming from especially now that you're carrying our twins. I don't care if you double your size or you're lightweight, medium weight or even heavy weight, I don't give a dam.n care. Why? Because I love you. Understand?" I said and she just nodded. I held her so tight that I felt her bump against mine when I felt a thug. I instantly separated. "Woah! What was that?" and I heard Nancy chuckled.

"The babies wants to be recognised,too." she said now smiling.

"Oh I'm sorry guys. Here let me hug you, too." I said as I held Nancy's tummy and showering her with kisses. "There! is that enough?" I asked while gently caressing Nancy's bump. "Can't wait to see you Dane and Jackson." I said while started to feel emotional.

"Hey." Nancy called and lifted up my chin to look up to her "They can't wait to see you too, honey." she said. I straighten up and met Nancy's eyes.

"Thank you for giving meaning to my life, Nancy. Thank you for being my half. I love you so much, so please never get jealous because no one will replace you here." I said as I held her hand and place it on my chest.

"I know honey. But I just can't help it."

"I understand hon. But I will prove to you that there is nothing to be jealous about." I said.

//END OF FLASHBACK//

"Nakakatuwa na makita kang nakangiti na walang dahilan, Yeonwoo, pero huwag naman masyadong halata at baka mapagkamalan ka na niyan." Boses ni Mang Julio na gumising sa pag aalala ko ng nakaraan.

"Mang Julio naman." balik ko sa kanya.

"Pag may naaalala ka noon, mas madalas nakakunot yang noo mo. Ngayon wala atang pagkakataon na nakita kitang hindi naka ngiti. Kahit pagod o puyat ka." Mang Julio added.

"Alam niyo na po ang dahilan Mang Julio." I paused. "Bigla naman po akong nahiya sa inyo." I jokingly said and we both let out a healthy laugh.

-

I was in the middle of the meeting when my phone vibrated. I secretly fished it out my cellphone in my pocket and saw the message from Nancy

Hon: Honey, Dane's woke up again and crying can you sing her to sleep?

I froze for a moment and look around the room, all eyes on the board with our marketing officer standing and doing his presentation.

Me: Ok, Hon. Give me a sec.

I tapped Hyebin's hand and when I got her attention I whispered.

"I need to call, Nancy, it's important." I said she just gave me a nod.

"Ok, but be quick. They need your opinion on this." she reminded me.

I gave her a thumbs up sign and silently retreated myself out using my own private door at the corner of the meeting room.

"Hello, hon? Bakit hindi nanaman makatulog si Dane?" I asked my wife when I called her.

"I don't know honey. Maybe she just can't get her sleep." Nancy said, we tried to have Dane checked but her doctor said that there is nothing wrong with her.

"Did you try playing those baby lullaby songs?" I asked, we had put mini speakers around our room and had them played when we're doing something or working inside our room.

"Yeah, tried it already but still Dane's crying. Maybe she needs to hear you singing one of those lullabies." she said.

"Why me?" I asked again.

"Remember when the player isn't working you tried to sing her to sleep and she fell asleep." she said and I remembered that time, even my Jackson fell asleep smiling when I sang.

"Ok, I'll try." I said

"Ok, I'll put you now on speaker." she informed me and I cleared my throat to prepare to sing. I already memorised the song because it has been playing around for quite sometime in the twins' bedroom.

Ok here goes.

"Hush now little baby, don't say a word. Mama's gonna buy you a mockin' bird
And if that mockin' bird won't sing
Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring
And if that diamond ring is a brass
Mama's gonna buy you a lookin' glass." I stood up in the glass wall overlooking the whole metropolis while concentrating on my song and recalling the lyrics.

"And if that lookin' glass gets broke Mama's gonna buy you a billy goat."

"Just go on honey. I think she loves hearing your voice." Nancy whispered over the phone. So I continued.

"And if that billy goat won't pull Mama's gonna buy you a cart and bull.
And if that cart and bull turn over Mama's gonna buy you a dog named Rover.
And if that dog named Rover won't bark Mama's gonna buy you a horse and cart.
And if that horse and cart fall down.You'll still be the sweetest baby in town. Sleep princess and when you do dream a dream to drift you through the night
That lingers to the day Tonight..." I continuously singing the song and other lullabies, it's like I'm singing myself to sleep that I felt like yawning a I looked at my watch and got panicked when I realised how long have I been singing. When I turned around, I saw Hyebin, Taeha, Jooe looking at me with wide smiles on their faces. Hyebin looks like she's been suppressing a laugh that she can't open . Embarrassed but I pretended to be cool and all. I stopped for a while when I heard Nancy

"She's sleeping now, honey. Thank you. I love you bye." Nancy whispered at the other line .

"Ok, Hon see you later. Love you too." I said and ended the call. "What?" I asked to those curious eyes that are staring at me.

"You're a very sweet Mom, Yeonwoo." Taeha sincerely said and Jooe nod in agreement.

"But it looks like you're not impressed?" I said looking at Hyebin just then she let out her laughter.

"Gosh Yeo woo, it's the first time I heard you singing lullabies. Can I call you when I can't sleep?" she sarcastically said.

"Yeah wait till you have your own, Hyebs." I answered back shooting her a tiger look. "How's the meeting?" I said when I noticed that I've been out in almost an hour.

"We'll have the private meeting with the marketing department so we can have your opinion. I set the meeting this afternoon at 3pm if that's ok with you. Joy said you don't have any appointment this afternoon." Taeha said. I kept silent for a while.

"Can you make it an hour early, I need to get home early tonight. My princess is giving Nancy a hard time." I said and I saw them smiled at me again.

"Idol na kita, Yeonwooo. Sana ganyan din ang jowa ko pag nagkaanak na kami."

"Ows talaga? tagal niyo na ng jowa mo wala pa kayong anak weh." Hyebin's punchline again.

"Ikaw talaga butiki ka!" Jooe in a loud voice.

"You're in my office." I sternly warned them. Bigla silang na tahimik.

"We'll be going, Yeonwoo. We didn't believe Hyebin when she told us you're singing a lullaby that's why we're her." Taeha said smiling and when I look at Hyebin her peace sign hand raised up.

"Ok. Taeha. See you at lunch. Hyebin I need to talk you." I called out to Hyebin

"Me? Tungkol saan?"

"Anong tungkol saan. Of course tungkol sa trabaho." I said and walked back to my seat as Taeha and Jooe walked out of the door but before Jooe finally disappeared she 's grinning towards Hyebin. My best friends, I smiled inside.

-

It was lunchtime again. I missed Nancy's presence during this time. After she gave birth and up until now she hasn't visited me in my office.

"What's your lunch honey?" Nancy on the phone.

"Not yet sure Hon..." I lazily answered.

"Why, lunch time is almost over. Haven't you had your lunch yet?" she asked and it's hard to lie to my wife.

"I'm still not done with this paperworks." I simply reasoned.

I heard her sigh.

"What do you want for lunch then?"

"You?" I said truthfully.

"Yeonwoo, I am serious."

"So do I."

"Ok then clean your table."

"What? What table?"

"In your receiving area where else?"

"Why?"

"You said you want me for lunch?"

"Nancy, hon, as much as I want to I'm not gonna eat you here?"

"What the...you should eat Yeonwoo, your brain's all dirty." she said before the line went off.

"What is she saying?" I said silently. I shook my head and I got back to work when the door opened.

"Didn't I tell you to clean up your table?."

"Nancy!" I sounded really surprised but excited.

"You looked so excited, honey." Nancy smilingly said.

"You always keep me excited, hon." I confessed as I approched her. "Who's attending our twins?" I asked after kissing her.

"They're outside with their Ninangs." she said smiling. "I brought Jenny with me and Mama,but Mama went to Dada's office. Actually, honey we just drop by cause we're gonna buy some stuff." paliwanag ni Nancy habang nilalapag niya ang pagkain sa mesa. "Sorry honey this is all takeout foods, It's already late if I will still have to cook." she apologised.

"No worries, hon. Thank you very much." I said hugging her from behind.

"Oh c'mon guys, that's spg and not here at the office." we heard Hyebin at the door. My frowned face vanished instantly when I saw my Jackson in Hyebin's arms.

"Jackson!" I shouted as I ran to them. Biglang nagbago ang expression ni Jackson ng narinig and boses ko. He instantly extends his hands as if wanted to be taken by me. I took him from Hyebin and we danced around the office while his giggling with my playful kisses.

"Here's a true gentleman that will soon inherit this office." I said while lifting him up in the air.

"Hoy brad, hindi yan si Simba na magmamana ng trabaho mo. Malay mo pag laki niya gusto niya pa lang maging model." kontra ni Hyebin

"Moment namin tong mag ina, Hyebin. Back off." I said and giving Hyebin a tiger look. I heard Nancy chuckled.

"Enough guys, let me have Jackson Honey, eat your lunch first."

"Where's Dane?"

"She's with Jenny but Jooe saw us kaya andon muna sa kanila." Nancy explained and I just nod.

NANCY'S POV

"Bestie!?" I heard Daisy as she's approaching to where we are.

She called up and upon knowing we're at the mall she immediately drove here to meet us. "Hello, Tita." she greeted mama after she kissed me. "Uy ang lalaki na ng mga inaanak ko!" she excitedly said when she saw the twins in their strollers. She crouched down and gave each one a kiss. Jackson's all smile while Dane furrowed.

"I think Dane's Yeonwoo's twin." she said while looking at my princess.

"Why is that?" I asked curiously.

"Well look at her, bata pa lang parang nagtatrabaho na tulad ng Mommy niya." she said and laugh. "Oppsie, sorry Bestie." masyado kasing seryoso ang batang to." she said smiling back at my child but Dane just gave her a straight face. "Oh well, I love you still." Daisy said pouting.

"Done shopping already?" she asked her.

"We're almost done."

"Good! Then let's have some snacks." she offered.

"Oo nga gutom na kami." Mama agreed.

-

"Bestie, aren't you hungry?" Daisy noticed that I didn't order anything.

"I feel full, Bestie. I'm alright don't worry."

"You should eat more, Nancy. Taking care of two babies isn't a joke. You have to take care of yourself too." Daisy reminded me.

"That's what I'm telling her." Mama

"I felt like I'm not losing weight since I gave birth..." I said looking at my body.

"What are you saying. Look at you pumayat ka na nga at mukhang nagpapayat ka pa. You have to take care of yourself Nancy and eat more since you're feeding." Daisy's face is serious. We haven't seen each other for months. Nanibago lang siguro siya sa akin, depensa ng isip ko. "Here eat this cake, and don't worry it wouldn't reach up to your danger zone level of calories." she insisted and pushed the plate of salted caramel cake towards me.

I didn't say a word anymore and just smiled and took the cake and slowly ate it up. I saw Daisy and Mama looked at each other and I saw the look of concern in their eyes. I know I'm out of the modelling world but still I want to stay in shape and be fit. I don't know if I'm insecure or jealous or what, but looking at the women around my wife makes me think that I can't fit in to them. I know Yeonwoo loves me but I can't avoid this feeling of insecurity.

"Don't play with your food Best." Daisy smilingly said. "Eat well and eat right. Don't be hard on yourself. You deserve to be pampered."

"Thanks Best."