Chapter 15

Arranged Marriage

ARRANGED MARRIAGE 

Chapter 15

//After 18 months//

YEONWOO'S POV

"Pangalan po ng baby girl, Mrs. Lee?" the nurse asked but I couldn't seem to hear her.

"Brad pangalan daw ng baby girl?"

"The baby girl?" I repeated.

"Yes Mam, the eldest and her twin brother's name too?"

"The baby boy?" I asked again.

"Yes, Mam." the nurse said while waiting for me to write my twins' names. Yes, Nancy and I had twins and up to this moment I felt like it was all a dream. Nancy gave birth and I'm here at the nursery looking at my babies. Tears keep flowing from my eyes, I couldn't contain the feeling that's so alien, emotions that I couldn't comprehend. The joy, the excitement, the happiness, the sadness especially when I saw Nancy in pain. But every pain and sadness faded the moment I heard my babies cry. The smile in Nancy's lips before she fell to sleep after giving birth.

"Anak, kanina ka pa tinatanong ng nurse sa pangalan ng mga anak mo, tingnan mo oh. Baby Boy and Baby Girl Lee pa ang nakalagay." Mama Myeongju said that brought me back to my senses. I wiped my tears again and nod.

"Ahm yes, Mama." I answered because since I got out from delivery room I never stopped crying until the twins were normally delivered by Nancy after almost 20 hours of labor. She said she wanted a normal delivery, so matter how I beg her to go CS she refused.

"Yeonwoo." Mama Myeongju whispered slightly pressing my hand

"Ahm ok, Mama." I took a deep breath and gave the names of my babies which Nancy and I have been discussing since she's on her 6th month.

"My baby girl's name is Dane Jewel and my baby boy's name is Dean Jackson." I said and the nurse wrote their names then she showed me to check if she wrote them correctly.

"Like this Mrs. Lee?" she asked and I smiled back at her nodding. "Ok, thank you, Ma'm" and politely excused herself.

"Your tears of happiness is overflowing..." We heard and as we look, Nancy's doctor is smiling while walking towards us.

"Doc..." Mama and I said in chorus.

"How's my wife?" I asked.

"She's now transferred to her room." she answered. "You can see her now. I will just give instructions to the nursery so Nancy can see her twins when she wakes up" she said and approached me. "You haven't stop crying, Yeonwoo. You should go to your wife now, I know how worried you are for her." she held my hand as another nurse came. "Please assist them to Mrs. Lee's room." she instructed. "I will see you later." Doc Lara said as she excused herself.

When Hyebin opened the door of Nancy's room, we saw an angel sleeping peacefully though pain is written on her face. I walked slowly to her careful not to wake her up, not sure if she's sleeping or just too tired to open her eyes. I just stood here at the foot of her bed staring at her, and I felt my vision is starting to blurred. My tears are ready to fall anytime. Again.

"Anak..." I felt Mama's hand on my shoulder.

"She's been through so much, Mama." I whispered.

"That's how mother is, Yeonwoo. That's how we love our children, it starts in the womb until forever." she whispered back. We're careful not to wake up my wife. I just nod my head in understanding. "You should take a rest Yeonwoo, come on take a seat at the couch. You're wife is ok now." yaya sa akin ni Mama Myeongju.

"Ok, Mama." I said but didn't follow her, she sat beside Hyebin at the couch. I just want to look at my wife. It took more minutes when I was surprised at Nancy's voice.

"Aren't you tired staring at me?" she said with eyes still closed.

"So you're awake the whole time, hon?" I asked as I slowly moved closer to her.

"Yeah, I felt your presence." she said while she slowly opened her eyes and looked at me. A smile now forming in her lips. I'm relieved to see her smiling now. I held her hand and sat at the side of the bed leaned down and met her lips. "Missed me already?" she asked after the kiss.

"So much." I said and kissed her nose "I love you, hon. Thank you for giving me Dane and Jackson." I whispered. "I know what you've been through all this time." I said and I felt I would cry again.

"For you and for our family, honey. Anything." she replied holding my face and her thumb wiping my tears that I didn't noticed. "Tears of joy?" she asked.

"Yes...couldn't explain my feelings, Nancy." I answered and closed the gap between us and hug her. I felt her hand in my back. Just then we heard a knock at the door and as the door opened we saw Lolo and Dada, eyes twinkling and with wide smile on their faces. Just then they made a way to the two nurses who are carrying babies. Our babies.

"Kamukha ko ang apo kong babae." Lolo said like a teenager.

"Kamukha ko naman ang apo kong lalaki." Dada said giggling, Nancy and I just looked at each other and smile.

"Ma'm babies niyo po?" the nurse said and Nancy wrapped her arm around me to assist her and added another pillow on her head. The nurse carrying our little Dane approached Nancy

"My eldest Dane..." she whispered and kissed the baby who seems aware that she's with her mother and her eyes fixed on Nancy. Then our little Jackson was given to me. "Your baby brother is with your Mommy." Nancy whispered to Dane and leaned forward to kiss Jackson now peacefully sleeping in my arms.

"Smile." we heard Hyebin said and took a picture of us.

-

The picture of the four of us that Hyebin took at the hospital was now hanging on our Master's bedroom. It's been a month after Nancy gave birth and she has been on leave for almost two years now. The home theatre we've talked about was not followed. Since we planned to have babies, we decided to have a nursery nook instead though there is also a nursery room for our twins. I never wake her up at night when our babies cry at night. She only wakes up when I can't handle both of our babies crying, but as much as possible, as long as I can I just let Nancy sleep and take enough rest because she's the one who's taking care of our babies at daytime. Mama Myeongju is staying with us and Mom also arrived a week ago. Nancy wants to be a hands on mother, so she refused to have Nannies. She insisted that Yaya Caring and Jenny are there anyway and offered their services when Nancy needs any help. At daytime the babies are at their room while at night they're sleeping with us.

Just like now, I'm carrying Dane, she's the one who really cries at night. She has tantrums that Mom said she saw in me when I was a baby.

"So you're little Yeonwoo hmmm." I cooed my eldest. She stopped crying but gave me a tiger look. "Woah, I think you're the little Nancy." I said and chuckled then I hummed a song when her frown face didn't change and danced her around the room while looking at my little Jackson who's just watching us like he's watching a movie. I winked at him and he smiled. After a few minutes I saw my princess sleeping soundly. I slowly walked to her to lay down beside her little brother, who's now sleeping too. My humming works on him too, I smiled. After kissing them both I silently walked back to our bed and   slowly crawled under the sheet into my sleeping wife. I kissed her before laying down beside. Spooning as I always do, she just want to feel my presence and waking up with my arms around her, saying I love her, and assuring her that nothing has changed. She's a bit jealous and sometimes moody especially days after she gave birth. Been crying for no reason at all, depressed at times. Mom and Mama said that it's normal for mothers after giving birth, postnatal syndrome they said. I had to be patient and understanding. But she's okay now though still have tantrums like my babies, I can't help but smile with the thought of it, I don't know but it's different, despite the lack of sleep and tired most of the time, I don't feel like complaining, I feel more fulfilling. With the kids and my wife.

I felt Nancy moved and held my arm that's holding her.

"Honey, still awake?" she asked.

"Our princess just got a little grumpy." I whispered back as I pulled her closer to me and kissed her shoulder.

"I think she got that from you." she said and let out a silent laugh.

"Really?" I said tightening my arm around her while kissing her neck and shoulder. "Who's been so grumpy for quite sometime now?" I tease.

"That's because I don't have your eyes anymore..." she said like a child.

"What?" I asked and lifted myself a little with my elbow now on the bed and moved her to face me. "What do you mean, hon? Are you jealous of our twins?" I asked concerned.

"Of course not, honey..." she said while I felt her had on my side. "I...I...miss you." she shyly said while looking at my eyes down to may nose and to my lips. I smiled and held her face.

"Missed you too so terribly, hon. Just couldn't make a move because I might hurt you...I mean...y-you know..."I almost stammer. She smile and pulled me down to her and gave me a kiss. For a month we're basically just kissing and making out but couldn't touch her more than that, especially when I get home tired and exhausted only to wake up and get up when I heard our babies crying.

"I'm aching for you, honey. Missing you so much." she whispered after our lips are separated only to be reconnected again this time with her arms around me. That's when I knew that she wants me as much as I want her. Be sure to be gentle Yeonwoo I reminded myself though my whole being is now aggressively wanting to make love with my wife.

THIRD PERSON POV

Meeting Room

It's the monthly staff meeting and Yeonwoo is physically present but mentally absent, so to speak. Richard, Hyebin and those close to Yeonwoo are observing her for the past weeks, they're one of the people around the office who witnessed changes in Yeonwoo and they're one of the few who knew her wife and mother duty that she does everyday and at the same time performing the task of being the CEO and President of the company. Joy entered at the meeting room with coffee at hand.

"It's your third coffee this morning." she whispered to Yeonwoo but Yeonwoo seemed to be lost at the moment that she immediately took the coffee.

"Thank you, Joy." she said and look around the table after taking a sip from her coffee. It's only 10 in the morning and the meeting is almost finish but her battle from sleepiness is a struggle until this very hour. "Ok anymore updates?" she asked. Another staff took the opportunity to report on something not particularly important though needs to be discussed. Yeonwoo leaned forward and with her elbows now on the table hands together she placed her head as if praying like a child. Looking at her anyone can think that she's listening intently but Richard knew that any minute she'll doze off to sleep. After the person enumerated his report, everyone in the table looked at Yeonwoo, who seemed to be in deep thought but in reality is slowly drifting to sleep. Richard sensing what would happened came to the picture.

"Thank Mr. Santos, we'll try to study that first. Kindly give me full report on it in soft copies." Richard said. "I guess that's all for today, other concerns will be discussed next week. We still have to prepare our luncheon meeting." he said and everyone stood up and exited one at a time while looking back before disappearing from the door with questions in their eyes. Richard saw concerns and worries in their looks but assured with thumbs up sign that Yeonwoo's alright.

"Do you think she's already sleeping, Tito?." Hyebin whispered.

"Not sure. But she looks really tired, isn't she?" Richard asked back and Hyebin nod, Joy walked towards Yeonwoo and was about to nudge her when Richard stopped her. "Let her." Joy didn't say a word and slowly walked out of the meeting room. Richard and Hyebin, with Taeha and Jooe left behind.They're just waiting for Yeonwoo to move and after a few minutes she raised up her head and surprised to look around that everyone left the meeting room except for Hyebin and Richard 

"Where's everybody?" she asked yawning.

"Sorry Yeonwoo, I adjourned the meeting. Tutal tapos na rin naman." Richard said.

"Did I sleep?" Yeonwoo asked next and everyone who left behind laughed.

"The reason why Tito Richard sent them out, Yeonwoo. They might hear you snore anytime soon." Hyebin said laughing.

"What's funny Hyebin? I'm still your boss, don't forget that." Yeonwoo sterly said hiding her embarrassment.

"Sorry Boss." Hyebin said giving Yeonwoo peace sign.

"Yeonwoo, Anak. Kung gusto mong mag leave ay ayos lang. Andito naman kami nila Hyebin at mga kaibigan mo—-"

"—Ayos lang po ako, Dada. Medyo na puyat lang kagabi dahil naglalambing din po si Nancy..." Yeonwoo interrupted Richard

"Hala, Yeonwoo. Hindi mo na nilalambing asawa mo?" Jooe asked and everyone gave a questioning look at Yeonwoo

"What? Jooe, that's too private don't you think?" Yeonwoo answered. "Look guys, naninibago lang ako but I'm perfectly fine and happy, ok?" Yeonwoo said assuring.

"Yeah we can see that." Jooe commented. "But we're also worried you might get sick anytime."

"I'm alright and I'm good. Just lack of sleep but other than that I'm perfectly good." she said now smiling. They just looked at Yeonwpo and they're convinced that Yeonwoo is telling the truth. The spark in eyes despite the eye bags, the smile in her lips that never worn out despite the fatigue in her posture, the feeling of contentment despite the busy schedules in the office.

NANCY'S POV

"Yeonwol ilang buwan na hindi ka pa rin sanay sa amoy sa poopoo ng mga anak mo?" Yaya Caring said when Yeonwoo appeared from the bathroom of the twins room. She always throw up every time she changes our twins diapers. "Ganito rin naman ikaw noon ah." dugtong pa ni Yaya Caring.

"Ya naman! Bata pa ako noon paano ko malalaman kung ganyan din poopoo ko noon." Yeonwoo reasoned while wiping .

"Hay naku anak iisa lang ang amoy niyan dahil mga sanggol pa." Yaya Caring explained. "Itanong mo pa sa mga mommy at mama mo." she added, but Yeonwoo just shook her head while walking towards me and took Jackson who's looking at me with wide eyes.

"Come here, young man and let's get some fresh air." she said and Jackson seems to understand her mother that he stretched out his arms like wanted to be with Yeonwoo

"Honey it's already late, it's their bedtime already." I reminded her.

"We'll be back in a few, hon. We'll see you in our room." she said and she kissed me.

"Hay naku, iwas lang yan sa sa amoy." kantiyaw ni Yaya Caring at natawa lang ako.

"Hayaan niyo na Ya, pag umiiyak ang kambal sa gabi at nag poopoo, nakikita ko si Yeonwlo at matatawa kayo sa hitsura niya. Pero tinitiis niya at hindi niya ako ginigising." I said while helping Yaya Caring changed Dane's diaper.

"Dahil mahal niya kayo, Nancy. Alam niya ang hirap mo sa pagbubuntis sa mga anak niyo. Lalo na ng makita niya ang hirap mo sa paglalabor. Panay ang pakiusap niya sa Mama mo na kumbinsihin kang mag caesarian delivery na lang dahil hindi na niya makayang makita kang naghihirap." Yaya Caring said smiling. "Salamat sa pagmamahal, Nancy at ngayon ko lang nakitang naging masigla at ganyan kasaya ang alaga ko. Naging maayos din sila ng mga magulang niya mula ng magka pamilya siya."

"I love her, Ya and I thank her for not giving up on us kahit ayaw sa akin ng mga magulang niya." I sincerely said.

"Noon yon, Nancy anak. Sa tingin ko unti unti ring maayos ang lahat. Mapride lang talaga si Patrick kaya hanggang ngayon mukhang matigas pa rin siya." Yaya Caring said, she's right because until now Yeonwoo's dad has not visited us yet. At least Mommy Jean has been coming over. Like now Mom and Tita Myeongju went to Lolo's house to visit him because we didn't spend our weekend at Lolo's, it's the regular check up of our twins.

"Ayan, tapos na ang princess. Handa ng matulog." Yaya said and lifted up Dane. "Kamukha nga ni Yeonwoo habang lumalaki." she said smiling while holding Dane and giving her to me.

"Bedtime now princess and let's have some bedtime stories." I said and Dane stared at me and looking around. "Missing your brother already?" I asked. "Then let's go maybe they're in our room now." I said and stood up. "Salamat Ya, pahinga na po kayo. Goodnight."

"Goodnight din Nancy at goodnight sa'yo magandang binibini." she said while giving Dane a ticklish kiss that made Dane smile and extend her hand to touch Ya's nose.

"She really likes you, Ya." biro ko kay Yaya at nangiti lang siya.

"Naku dahil wala siyang sumpong. Pag sinumpong malakas siyang manampal." she said laughing. Which is true, Dane would slap at someone she doesn't like and to think that she's just only 5 months.

As we entered the room, I saw my Yeonwoo crouching down the crib and when I walked towards them carrying my now sleeping princess, I saw my Yeonwoo already asleep while her hand beside Jackson and it's so touching to see that Jackson's holding on to Yeonwoo's thumb while he's already in deep sleep. I carefully laid Dane beside her brother.

"Honey, let's go to bed." I whispered to Yeonwoo after and she slowly ligtas her head to look at me. She smiled and reach out to kiss me.

"And?" she asked.

"And?" I repeated.

"And what?" she again.

"And what what?" I asked confused.

"Let's make another baby?" her eyes twinkled.

"Yeonwoo, they're only five months." I reminded her.

"Well, it would be a year gap if ever." she defended and I just rolled my eyes. But in truth I'm willing to give Yeonwoo the number of children that she wants as long as I can.

"Can't we just have family planning?" I asked to test her.

"Don't worry honey...I already planned our family." she said and claimed my lips as we slowly and carefully walked back to our bed.