Chapter 14

Arranged Marriage

ARRANGED MARRIAGE 

Chapter 14

YEONWOO'S POV

"Eat para mawala hangover mo."ngiting sabi ni Mama Myeongju as we sit for breakfast.

"Thank you Mama and sorry for last night."

"It's ok sweetie, you're not that totally wasted unlike Nancy when she's really drunk—-"

"Ma! Am I the one who's drunk here?" taray na pigil ni Nancy sa Mama niya. Mama Myeongju laughed and turn to Nancy

"Why look so upset, Honey?" she said and Nancy pouted.

"I'm not been drinking that hard lately." she defensively said. I held her hand and kissed it.

"I know and you shouldn't be so you'll be healthy when you carry our babies, hon." I whispered and her eyes widen in delight and excitement, but just for seconds and her face turned serious.

"Yeonwoo...you don't have to—"

"I want to, hon. Last night when I woke up in your bed and you by my side I told myself, I want to have a little Nanct and a junior Yeonwoo in our room." I lovingly said.

"Wow! That's great, I will have another grandchildren!" Mama Myeongju shouted in delight. 

"Ma, don't get too excited." then she turned to me. "What changed your mind?" she seriously stared at me. "If you're doing this to rebel to your Dad—-"

"—-No Nanct." I quickly interrupted "I told you I just felt it. Remember we talked about it yesterday? What you told me?" I said but it seems Nancy was not convinced.

"Can we talk about that after breakfast?" Mama Myeongju said because she feels that the tension in our conversation is starting. Nancy didn't say a word and started to eat but she never glanced at my side anymore. Wrong timing I said to myself.

"Dada's not here yet?" Nancy asked as she she looked around.

"Maybe later, Sweetie. He'll be here anytime this morning." Mama Myeongju answered.

"Mam, may tawag po para kayo." approached a middle aged woman to us with a wireless phone on her hand.

"Sino daw?" Mama Myeongju inquired.

"Tito Pablo niyo daw po." she answered and that's when I realized I don't have my phone with me. I panicked and got worried.

"Ahm Mama, maybe Lolo's calling me. I left my cellphone at home. He's been calling me since last night."

"Oh, dear you got the old man worried." Mama Myeongju said while now holding the phone.

"Hello Tito, good morning." she answered. "She's here Tito...she's fine...A little, I think but she still managed to drive here last night..." from the look of Mama Myeongju's face I could tell how worried Lolo was. How come he knew about me being drunk last night, I asked myself as I tried to recall what happened at the house. Just then I remember Yaya Caring was awake when I tried to get out of the house and when she's about to call Mang Julio I was already inside my car.

"Yeonwoo..." Mama Myeongju calling me while handing me over the phone. I reached out for it.

"Thanks Mama...Hello Lo?"

"Pinag alala mo ako, Yeonwoo." seryosong boses ni Lolo.

"Sorry po, Lo." I apologised.

"Gusto ko na sana sa hospital matulog sa pag aalala sa'yo bata ka. Don't drink and drive! You know that very well, Yeonwoo!" with Lolo's rising voice.

"It won't happen again, Lolo. I'm really sorry. Please calm down. Baka po kung anong mangyari sa inyo." I pleaded and really worried for Lolo.

"Gusto mo bang mamalagi nanaman ako ng matagal sa hospital?" Lolo said almost shouting.

"No, Lo. I'm sorry. I will go there now after ko po magbreakfast. Please calm down." pag alo ko na sa kanya. Sandaling katahimikan bago nagsalita muli.

"No need, Yeonwoo. It's enough na malaman kong maayos ka."

"Are Mom and Dad still there?" kamusta ko.

"Maaga silang umalis." Lolo said.

"Ok." sagot ko lang.

"Pero pinatawag ko muli sila."

"Why?"

"Apo, anak ko pa rin ang Daddy mo. Matagal muli bago tayo magkita kita kaya gusto ko siyang makausap ng masinsinan."

"Ok, Lo. Do you want me to be there?"

"No, it's ok apo. Kailangan lang naming mag usap mag ama."

"Ok Lo, ingat po. Love you."

"Sige apo. Nga pala may vodka ka pa?"

"Dko napansin Lo, last bottle na po ata yon." I answered and I know he's ok now.

"Ok, I'll ask Vlad to send 2 bottles from his trip. I just don't know where he is right now."

"Thanks Lo." I answered, Vlad is a friend he met from his business trips before who loves collecting liquors. That's where Lolo got the idea of putting a mini bar in our house. Lolo said I'd rather drink alone or with my friends in our house than frequent the bars though occasionally we go out. After saying goodbye I returned the phone Mama Myeongju and after more than a minute or so of talking with Lolo she ended the call.

"Kunsintidor naman pala si Lolo, eh." Mama Myeongju said, she has a hint about 'the last bottle' that I said.

"Lolo loves collecting liquors po, Mama." I shyly said.

"And you love to drink." singit ni Nancy na hindi pa rin tumitingin sa akin. I looked at Mama and she just winked at me. We continue our breakfast silently.

-

"I have to go, need to change before going to work." I said as I approached Nancy while she walks to the bathroom.

"Ok." she plainly said without looking at me. She's about to enter the bathroom when I stopped her.

"Hon. I mean what I said that I'm ready to have a baby."

"In an impulse?"

"No, Nancy. Since you asked me about it before, I've been thinking about it and last night I was totally sure and decided."

"Why?"

"Because I love you, Nancy and I want to have a family with you. Same family as yours and as Lolo's...or it would be like my own family, Nancy. But I will try to make it a family full of love from me and you..." I said looking straight into her eyes. "I'm ready Nancy and I'm sorry if my decision comes at the wrong time. But I'm sure now, I'm certain I'd like to have a baby." I sincerely said.

"You should try to talk to your parents, Yeonwoo before starting your own family."

"They wouldn't listen to me."

"Because you don't want to listen to them too. How long will this keep on going, Yeonwoo? How can your children know more of your parents if you're avoiding to talk about them."

"Nancy."

"Are you afraid that you might lose me anytime because of your problem with your family. You think I would run away from you if ever you give up what you have right now?" she asked and I kept silent. "That's why you asked me last night if ever you're just an ordinary person will I still love you? Ganon ba kababaw pagkakakilala mo sa akin, Yeonwoo?"

"No, Nancy. No." I said shaking my head.

"You think that having a child will assure you that I will stay with you no matter what?" she asked and I can feel her hurting.

"No, please. Nancy, I'm sorry." i said as I held her hands "It's not all like that." I honestly said. "Yes there is fear that you might run away, hon and I'm sorry but I never think less of you. I just had this fear of losing you...but more so if I decide to give up what I have, we better have a baby now because the process is...you...know...a bit...expensive." I said a little awkward.

"What are you saying?" she questioned.

"You know..." I paused started rubbing my nape. "...I had earnings and we can do well for the next couple of years but...if I lose my job right now...I should start working again...so..."

"Why worry?" she cut me off.

"I'm the head of our family...I should provide for you and my children. That's why I have to work hard—-" I was cut off with her kiss.

"You worry too much, honey." she said after the kiss. "Settle your problem with your family first, then we'll talk about our babies after."

"Ok. So we're good?" I asked assuring.

"We're always ok, honey."

"Just worried because you're—-"

"I just don't want you to make decisions just because..."

"Ok." I said nodding my head. "Can we shower together?" I asked after and Nancy just shook her head.

"Why? I thought we're ok?" I asked like a child.

"We are but what's that got to do with us showering together?"

"That's what couple do, married people like us do." I explained.

"I thought you're leaving..."

"Later..." I said as I closed the gap between us.

"Y-yeonwoo." the only word she said after our lips separated.

"I miss you Nancy."

"We're practically together almost everyday, Yeonwoo." she answered.

"Hmmm." I just answered slowly showering her kisses from her ear down.

"I don't think this is a good idea."

"Why? we're married, we're in your room, you're my wife..." I reasoned while she felt my hand slowly untie the knot of her robe, we're still at the door of her bathroom. I miss her so much that I want to take her right here right now.

"Y-yeonwoo." she called me as she felt my hands now claiming her as the other palming her behind pulling her close to me, while I continuously kissing her neck. She started to moan that ignited my desire to claim her, I felt her hands on the sides of my head and pulled me for a kiss. Passionately and possessively and I returned it with the same passion and love. It turned hard and wanting that I could feel her body moving and wanting for more. I pressed her body against the wall and felt her heat.Her body arch when I started to kiss her slowly going down to her belly. "Oh...honey...please." she begged. "I...want you." as she moaned in lovingly. Her words drives me crazy as I felt her hands pulling off my shirt over my head. " I...want...to feel...you...honey." she whispered as I felt her hands at my back up to my head as I slowly going down on my knees. Her sweet moans and the way she calls my name everytime I drive into her makes me want to take all of her. I claimed her, all of her possesively until I felt her reached her high. I felt her legs shaking on the sides of mg head. I slowly got up and held her arms around my shoulder hugging her ever so gentle and caressing her back, giving her sweet kisses on her shoulder while she's still recovering from her high.

"You alright?" I whispered on her ear as she was now clinging on to me.

"Yeah...think so." she said still panting.

"Now, can we go shower together? Cause I can feel you can't do it on your own." I teased.

"Nice move Lee..." she said and I just let out a small laugh while I guided her inside the bathroom.

"Love you, too Nancy." I whispered while slowly closing the door behind us.

-

"You're not serious, aren't you Yeonwoo?" Taeha said in almost a whisper.

"I've been thinking about it lately Taeha..." I said, we're at the cafeteria and after our lunch I told them about my plan. There are few people left now so I just decided to open up to them.

"See!? Taeha? she talks as if she's already decided." Hyebin almost scolding me.

"Calm down Hyebin..." Jooe cautioned Hyebin

"Kainis naman Yeonwoo...we promised to stick together and we pledged our loyalty to you and your company and now you're leaving because you just want to have a truce with your Dad?" Hyebin complained.

"It's the only thing I can think of." I defended myself.

"Did you ask Tito Pabs?" Jooe asked and I just shook my head.

"I don't know how to tell Lolo without hurting him. I know he loves this company."

"Precisely my point!" hampas ni Hyebin sa mesa. "Sorry" she said after she saw our expression. "Why do you have to leave, Yeonwoo. There are so many ways to prove your Dad he's wrong and not just by giving up everything for him?"

"I just want us to have peace."

"Hyebin's right, Yeonwoo. Giving up your company is not the only option." Taeha concern. "You have to think it over. Better talk to Tito Richard before you tell that to Lolo Pabs." she said full of concern.

"Ok." I said and didn't say anything anymore.

After lunch I got back to my office but can't seemed to start. I was just staring at my laptop when the door opened and Joy entered.

"They need your signature." she said without emotion.

"What's this?"

"It's the same request from the production last month, they only have it postponed because of the late start . It's more of information. They just want you to have it signed for them to proceed with the transaction." she explained and after a few minutes of running through the papers I signed it.

"You'll do anything for her, don't you?" she suddenly said.

"Excused me?" I asked confused.

"Giving up your company for your wife..."

"Who told you?"

"Sorry Yeonwoo, I don't mean to...I over heard you guys during lunch..."

"I'm still thinking about it."

"You don't have to, Yeonwoo. You don't have to give up this company just for her."

"She's my wife Joy."

"I can love you more, Yeonwoo. I can love you much more than she can....without conditions and conflicts."

"I'd rather have conflicts and conditions as long as I have her and she loves me, Joy."

"How can you be so sure that she really loves you Yeonwlo? I can love you more than she can..." she said certain in her every word.

"But I don't love you the way I love my wife, Joy. And I don't think I can ever love anyone as much as I lover her." I truthfully said. I can see the hurt in her eyes. "I..I'm sorry—-"

"It's ok, Yeonwoo. Masakit ng malaman na hindi ka mahal ng taong mahal mo. Pero mas masakit palang marinig mismo sa kanya. I'm sorry. This will be the last time we'll talk about this." she said and walked out of my office.

-

"Hi Sir Richard, can I come in?" I asked as I was just standing at the door of Dada's office. We always act professionally at work.

"Hello, Ms. Yeonwoo. Sure, please come in." as Dada said something to her secretary before she walked away from us and gently closed the door."We're all alone now, Yeonwko. No need for formalities lalo na kung personal ang paguusapan." he said I was surprised at what he meant.

"Dada." I called him like a daughter wanting to say something   desperately.

"I can tell at how you look at me every time we're together in our meetings, Yeonwoo. I know you have something you want to tell. Actually naunahan mo lang ako, I've been wanting to talk to you this past days but outside appointments and meetings are getting on our way. And I'm sorry we have to talk here at the office. Or you want to have coffee outside?" he offered.

"No, Tito. It's ok, I know you still have your meeting..." I paused while I slowly walked and took my seat in front of him. "I need to know your opinion about something?" I said rubbing my thighs with the palm of my hands.

"Something like....resigning?" he said and I looked surprised.

"Did Nancy tell you, Dada?" I asked.

"No." he said smiling "She never said anything. So I'm right? you have plan of quitting? More likely to give up this company." He said again and can't help but wonder how'd he know what I was planning.

"How...how?..."

"I was in the same dilemma like you before, Yeonwoo." He started and got up from his chair walked towards me and sat opposite to me with his arms rested on his thighs almost to his knees and gently reach out to my hands rested on my lap. "You're like my daughter, Yeonwoo, you know that." he said and true enough he's like a father to me. "I thought of you when I decided to leave back then, but Tito Pablo had his way to everyone. He never asked me to stay but his words we're enough to make me change my mind." he said. "And his right, there are some things that need to be dealt with and not running away from it. There is always one or more ways." He now said smiling. " And so I stayed and just made some solutions that would one day proved my true intentions to your Lolo and to this company, that saved me and my family."

"So do you think I should not leave, Dada?"

"As a father, I will always back up your decision. As your colleague I say we need you in this company." he said winking at me. "Just think it over ok?" he said and stood up and looked at his wristwatch. "Need to work, had a meeting outside within an hour."

"Thank you Dada."

"Anytime, Yeonwoo. By the way how's Nancy?"

"She's good, doing well..." just then I remembered "Ahmm Dada...We're planning to have a baby—-"

"Talaga?!" Dada excitedly said. "That's wonderful!"

"Yeah, Dada but Nancy wants me to talk to my parents first. I mean she thought that I only decided to have a baby because of what happened a few nights ago."

"I understand, Myeongju told me. And I think Nancy has a point. Why don't you talk to your parents, Yeonwoo. What's important is you've done your part, as their daughter you should make the first move." he said and held my shoulders. "You've always been a good daughter, Patrick just missed seeing that."

-

"Hello, Mom?"

"Yeonwoo, anak. Glad to hear your voice."

"How are you doing?"

"We're good, anak. Just got home from the market."

"How's Dad? Mom I know he's still mad at me..."

"He's not, Yeonwoo. You're Dad's not that mad at you, anak. Hurt, yes but never mad." Mom said as I paused for seconds.

"I'm sorry, Mom. Never wanted us to be like this..."

"I understand you, anak. And we're sorry we've never there for you."

"I understand Mom. Ahm...I'll be going there maybe next week..."

"Talaga anak?! that's great, in time for your Dad's birthday! You remember, do you?" she happily said just then it hit me, yeah it's Dad's birthday but never thought of it. All I want is to be there and talk to him. "I think your coming over will make him happy, Yeonwoo."

"Do you think so, Mom?" I doubted.

"Yes, anak. Since we came here, your Dad seems so quiet and in deep thought."

"Something happened?" I asked concern of Dad's behaviour.

"None that I know of. Papa called us back to his house before our flight back here and they talked alone in Papa's room. After that he seemed to be different."

"I'll try to talk to Lolo, Mom. I'll see you next week. I love you."

"Love you too, anak. see you."

-

"Nalaman niya lang ang kailangan niyang malaman, Apo." Lolo answered when I inquired what he and Dad talked about.

"Lolo, I think whatever it was. It made him a bit different as Mom said." I concern.

"At least I know, apo that he still has a heart." ngiti niyang sagot

"Lolo."

"All I want before I rest is to see this family intact and still has love. It's good to know that at least Patrick seemed affected. Maybe he realised that despite the materials things that surround us there are still things that money can't buy."

"Lolo naman."

"You will know in time, apo." he just answered. "Malalim na ang gabi baka hinihintay ka na ng asawa mo." he said. I didn't insist anymore. "Ikamusta mo na lang ako sa iyong ama at ina pag punta mo doon."

"Ok Lo, goodnight." I said as I watched him assisted by his nurse into his room.

NANCY'S POV

"Tulog na si Lolo?" I asked when I felt Yeonwoo's presence. We're in Lolo's house and Yeonwoo told me about her plan of visiting her parents in Canada.

"Yup." she answered as she hugged me from behind. I was lying in bed on my right side. She's spooning me.

"Did Lolo tell you about what he and your Dad talked about before they got back to Canada?"

"Nope...He just said that I'll know in time." she answered while hugging and pulling me close to her. I can feel her breathing at the back of my neck.

"I guess he has his reasons." I said.

"Yeah." she simply answered as I felt her hand now under my shirt.

"I'm gonna miss you." I said truthfully about her leaving in a week.

"Told you, you should come with me. So we can also have our honeymoon." she whispered while giving me soft kisses in the side of my neck while hand now making circles in my belly. I really gonna miss her touch and kisses.

"It's a family matter, honey. You need to be there on your own." I said almost gasping at how her lips and hand work in my body. She moved me to lie down on my back in the bed and position herself above me.

"Then we can start making babies now." she naughtily said and giggled.

"Yeonwoo, we will talk about it after you settled with your Dad." I reminded her.

"That's easy. consider it done." she winked and claimed my lips.