[END] Special Chapter 7

The Dream List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Akira, when is the last time you talked to Appa?"

"Ah...hmmm" you contemplated for a while before you replied, "I don't remember Oppa ehe" you gave him your eye-smile as if you were okay with father not contacting you at all. Yuta knew how honest you were so he doubted why father never calls you? Why? Just why? Father always call Yuta once in a while to check on him but he never know that father never do the same to you. His brows were slowly knitted, not quite understand why this is happening to you. 

"How do you find school? Is it fun?" as if your brother was interrogating so you were just answering him with your most honest answers. You shrugged your shoulders, not sure school days were fun for you.

"Do you have friends at school?" Yuta asked, checking your school life. You shook your head at him, a sad smile appeared on your lips that Yuta's heart broke into pieces. How could he not know about this? That was too ignorant of him as your brother. It seemed like he didn't know anything about you at all. 

"Oppa, I'm a loser at school" you blurted out in a tiny tone while keeping your head low, staring on your lap, the memories of your classmates treating you as one came back fresh in your mind. "But I do have a friend though, it's sem" you told your brother after thinking for a while, a sweet expression appeared with the corner of your lips lifted up the moment you mentioned sem. Perhaps sem was the only one treated you as a friend in school because he didn't hate nor treat you as a loser. You didn't know what friends are like in real life though. You didn't even know the feeling of having them around. 

"Akira, why didn't you tell me that those kids poured the soup on your arm?"

"H-how d-do you know?" you stuttered with your eyes widened when Yuta talked about this. You swallowed hard, got all sweaty. How did he know? Sem told Oppa? You bit your lower lip, a hand rubbing the back of your neck, thinking of a way to avoid saying you were bullied back then because you didn't want him to worry about you much.

"About that, I was careless and clumsy. That's why I tripped over-" 

"How about the one at the field? They purposely kicked a ball at you, aren't they?" 

"I was quite clumsy too that time-" you forced an awkward smile. You didn't want him to know about that. The latter were the ones you were suffering from. The ones happening in the beginning of school was okay, at least what you thought because you could still handle it by brushing it off. You didn't want to add more burden to Yuta. You didn't want him to worry too much about you being a loser and weak in school. 

"Then how about the one where they pranked you in class? How are you going to explain about that? How long are you going to keep everything to yourself? I'm your brother, Akira, why didn't you tell me everything?" your brother sounded weak this time, got all heartbroken to see the fragile you trying to be strong infront of him. He never knew he was this ignorant. How could he expect everything to be perfect the moment he sent you to school after homeschooling all these years? He thought you received too much love at home that you could communicate well and make lots of friends in school naturally. But that was not happening. That wasn't happening in your life. He didn't know you were suffering all this while, at school and at home.

"About that, I-I was kinda scared." you told him, forcing a smile to ensure your brother that you would be okay after this. You were so scared after the incident to be honest. That prank reminded you of the past where you were kidnapped and mom was killed in that room, the blood all over your body jogged your memory of how mom's blood drenched on her clothes. That caused father and your brother losing someone they loved hence you questioned so many times after father turned its back on you instead of supporting you after the prank, he probably gonna abandon you for what you did to mom. He will definitely leave you one day... but you were not ready yet. 

"Akira.. I'm so sorry I wasn't there when you need me the most. I'll be honest here. When the school called Appa, I was actually talking to him that day. Appa didn't tell me anything in details regarding you but he told me there's something happened in school and he's just going to get you. I honestly have no idea what was happening to you that time so I thought he was just bringing you back and probably spend time with you after school. I only get to know you involved in those incidents after he called me yesterday night when I was in the midst talking to you. I didn't know you were bullied. I thought the otherwise was happening. I'm so sorry that I didn't believe in you." Yuta sounded so heartbroken that you got all teary. You bit your lower lip. Oppa shouldn't worry about you. He's already busy with his life.

"I'm sorry, Oppa. I'm sorry" you didn't know why you were even apologizing, probably because you felt sorry for burdening him. Your brows were knitted with your lips parted, staring at him with deep worry in your eyes.

"You shouldn't be the one apologizing, Akira" Yuta knelt infront of you now, looking up at you that was sitting on the edge of sem's bed. A hand was up, caressing your hair softly. 

"Akira, after this if I don't call, you can call me too, you know" 

"I'm worried if you're busy-" 

"If I am, I'll tell you but because you are my sister, I need to listen to your voice at least once a day. So if I ever forgot about calling you, nag at me, complain at me, scold me. Akira, you don't have to be too nice, you know?" he said but you weren't sure. Yuta felt sorry that he forgot about calling you. Aside from being mad that you were dating Jaehyun, he thought father was really taking care of you after school that day hence he himself completely forgotten to call you. He regretted not checking on you sooner. 

​​​​​"Akira, you better promise me about this and also, promise me that you will report anything that happen to you either in school or at house after this. I'm all ears" as if a heavy weight lifted off your shoulder that a tear rolled down on your cheek. You quickly wiped it away but Yuta grabbed your hand.

"I don't mind if you cry" Yuta himself once said to you when you were a child that how he hated you being a crybaby after mom left. He was busy coping with life, completely forgotten that his little sister too was doing the same so he unintentionally hurted you with words he didn't mean and didn't know you remembered till today that you were so self conscious about you crying infront of him and father. Jaehyun told him a lot about you that he himself wasn't aware of how a jerk he was towards you. 

"I'm not a crybaby-" you said and wiped it away quickly. 

"It's okay to cry. I don't mind" 

You pouted, eyes all red for suppressing your tears for too long. Tears kept streaming down now on your cheeks that your vision got blurry. Yuta pulled you in his arms that you couldn't help but grasped on his shirt tightly and cried in his chest that his shirt got so wet. 

He patted on your back to comfort you and he knew this was not going to be enough, he should come up with a plan... 

 

 

"Are you guys going back now?" sem asked once you and Yuta exited his bedroom with your school backpack in Yuta's hand.

"Yes. I'm gonna bring Akira back now" Yuta said with a stern looking face, he wanted to bring you back immediately. You were just grabbing his another hand but your eyes never leave sem alone. 

"Akira hasn't taken her breakfast yet. Make sure she eats well after this." Jaehyun told Yuta and then he nodded, turned to look at you, realized his sister was staring at Jaehyun with such a cute pout on your lips and a pair of watery eyes definitely gonna make Jaehyun melt just by looking at you.

He did talked to you regarding your relationship with Jaehyun that he still strongly against. Since you asked nicely earlier as a permission to date Jaehyun officially, Yuta said you could date him but with the condition stay innocent till the day you become an adult. You just nodded, not knowing what exactly Yuta meant by being innocent with sem. 

"Akira, I'll take your things and wait for you in the car." your brother turned around, released your hand and patted on your back. He allowed you to talk to Jaehyun before you leave seeing how your eyes conveyed you gonna miss him the moment you be far from him. You nodded at your brother, saw him leaving but he was glaring at Jaehyun when he closed the door as if he was giving warning to remain innocent. 

"You're really leaving?" sem grabbed your hand, rubbing it slowly the moment Yuta left his house. You didn't know how to reply especially the moment you looked up at him. His lips turned pouty, sulking, never ready to let you go. 

"Babe, take care, alright? Eat a lot when you go back and remember to call me when you reach home" he brought your hand closer to his lips, kissing on it lightly. You chewed on your lower lip and nodded, eyes still busy learning sem's morning face, mesmerized by how charming he was with a round white frame eyeglasses supported on the bridge of his nose, a simple black t and a pair of long tartan patterned pants, looking like a y nerd. His hair was so fluffy and soft that you wanted to ruffle it with your bare hand. 

"Wait for a moment" sem went to take a hairband and grabbed your hand,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter