Separation

The Dream List
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Please don't leave me too. I promise that I will stop liking sem... " 

You were afraid of losing your brother, the most closest and precious person to you on earth so you promised that you would stop liking and falling for Jung sem. Tears were lingering in your eyes when you said those hurtful words that would only hurt and torment you emotionally in the end, you regretted right at that moment. It was strange when you felt like a knife pointed into your heart that it was more painful than the pain inflicted to your hand.

You were staring at your brother's expression, worried that he doesn't trust your words. You rubbed the back of your neck, thinking of a way to convince him that you would stop liking sem.

"Cut whatever contact you have with him. End this relationship. Do you know it's wrong to be in love with your teacher? I am going to talk to father about this and consider of changing you to another school"

Yuta was lecturing but the moment he mentioned of 'cutting contact' broke your soul into pieces. Your mind was elsewhere, couldn't focus on what he was talking about later on. Cut? Cutting contact means you no longer can see sem, talk to him, spend time with him, be in his arms, kissing and sleep with him... You will no longer be comforted by sem...

You had been biting the nail of your thumb that it started bleeding unknowingly. Yuta removed your hand away from your mouth immediately.

"Akira, what are you doing? Why are you hurting yourself like this?" your brother took the wet tissue and covered your thumb around it.

"Why are you becoming like this? Since when did you change? You better don't disappoint me, Akira. If you do-" you knew what his next words would be, he would leave you...

"Oppa, please don't say that. Don't say that, please. I will not talk to sem anymore. I will not like him" you explained, shaking your head at your brother. You were holding in your tears, you knew how much Yuta and father disliked it when you cry. You tried your best not to disappoint him anymore, you didn't want him to turn cold towards you like how your father did.

"Oppa, I am sorry about this. I will not disappoint you anymore. I will listen to you." your voice was trembling, pleading and then you swallowed hard. "Please don't leave me" your voice cracked, your brother was just staring at you, clenching his jaws, questioning your sincerity. In a way he knew you sounded desperate but at the same time, he felt the need to know something from Jaehyun's story too. However, his ego was at its peak because what Jaehyun did provoked him, Yuta didn't know that you were that close to his friend that you would side with Jaehyun and not himself who is your brother...

 

 

Your brother was talking to your father now outside of your ward. When you were staring blankly at the white ceiling, you received a text from your kakaotalk app. You fished your phone out, staring at the screen. It was sem asking if you were okay... The moment you saw his name on the notification, you almost burst into tears. What should you do? You held in your tears well, no you shouldn't cry, Akira.

As much as you wanted to block his number, your fingers were not pressing that button. No, you didn't want Yuta to hate you and leave you.

You were hesitating, placing your thumb near the 'delete' button, biting your lower lip. You accidentally pressed on the button when Yuta came in, informing you that father was not coming to visit you. You regretted this... You were really going to miss him after this.

 

 

Days without Jung sem were empty. You promised Yuta to cut contact with Jung sem but everyday seemed more heavy than usual. You were grounded as per what Yuta said so you stayed at home most of the time not that you had anywhere to go.

You started focusing on doing the English project, decorated in the most simplest, added with detailed information because you were aiming for the highest score. You were doing this because you wanted to distract yourself from thinking about Jung sem. Strangely you thought about him every single hour.

You knew that sometimes he came but he would just stay outside of your house, staring at your bedroom at the first floor. He didn't ring the doorbell, he knew you were avoiding him. And sometimes you received calls from an unknown number, assuming it from sem.

Apart from Jung sem, Yujin came very often to your house, spending time with Yuta. Whenever she came, you would just lock yourself in your room. You had no idea what had been going on with Yuta lately, he seemed to be in a relationship with Yujin. When you were in your room, you heard them laughing, probably flirting with one another that you didn't feel good about it.

When Yujin came for the first time, a victorious smile spreaded across her lips the moment she saw you in your worst state after getting lectured by your brother. She seemed happy as if she had achieved something that you didn't know. You knew that she was the one who told Yuta that there was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter