BUTTERCUP

My Last Grace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chin up buttercup."

- Anonymous


 

 

 

Sandara was huffing as she put her hands on her knees while catching her breaths. She looked at the tracking course ahead of her.


 

Sandara has been running around in the school's oval course for three times in a row now but she still wanted to try another round.

 


Suddenly, a cold bottle of water touched her cheek. Sandara looked up, and found Kwanghee in his football uniform.

 

 

"Easy, female Usain Bolt." Kwanghee teased as he handed her the bottle of water.


 

Sandara smiled as she received the water and immediately drank it in one go.

 


Sandara didn't even realized she is this thirsty.


 

"Done with practice?" Sandara asked Kwanghee after. She then stood up straight and walked to one of the benches near them.


 

"Yep." Kwanghee answered as he followed her.


 

They sat there, and now quietly watching other students doing their own thing in the big oval. Not minding the chilly wind that winter.

 

 

"Thinking of joining Track & Field Club next?" Kwanghee asked her, after a while.


 

Sandara just shrugged her shoulders. "Thinking about it." She said as she reached down to tie her shoelaces properly.

 

 

"Oh Snap." Kwanghee suddenly said.


 

Sandara looked up because of this to see what's Kwanghee cursing about... only to be dismayed right away. 

 

 

BIGBANG is heading their way.

 

 

Inside her head, Sandara is panicking but she kept her cool as she leaned on the bench instead. Not looking at BIGBANG but acting like staring ahead.

 

 

Fortunately, BIGBANG passed them and settled themselves on the grass far enough for Sandara and Kwanghee.

 

 

Sandara has a feeling that they're not here just because it 'happened', but because of something else. This is no coincidence.


 

Sandara scowled inside.

 

 

"Dar, they really won't stop bothering you, will they?" Kwanghee murmured beside her. Not liking the sight of BIGBANG near them too.


 

Sandara didn't answer as she's feeling BIGBANG's presence around.


 

Are they here to intimidate her again? It's been over a week since the incident at the highway.


 

Sandara still didn't forgive them for what they did. What if she died back then?


 

'Puhleasse. Don't act like a victim now.' Her subconscious mind interrupted her thoughts right away. Even rolling her eyes. 'They didn't force you, Dar. You did it yourself.'


 

Yes, she did it on her own accord. But that is to show BIGBANG that she as Dar Ah is not someone they can easily look down and should watch out for. She is someone who doesn't give up easily to any of their tyrants.


 

That BIGBANG cannot easily intimidate her anymore.


 

It was risky and dangerous, she knew it...but it was a risk worth trying for.


 

What will happen to her 'supposed' to be plans now?


 

Sandara sighed. It's just getting too much for her. She needed to take a break first. She needed to clear her head before she goes on move with her plan again. Whether she forms a new plan or stick with the old one.

 

 

"If the news about a female joining The Selection Day isn't enough to shake the campus, it was nothing compared to the news that the only one who passed The Selection - which is you, by the way, rejected to be a member after passing it. Whoah." Kwanghee continued, still amazed while talking about it. "Which is a wise decision, by the way, Dar." 


 

Sandara shrugged her shoulders. After the news about her passing then rejecting BIGBANG fraternity after, it easily made her an instant celebrity in Madtown U...but the hype died down naturally after a week. She didn't entertain any more things that will make her name noisier than it already is. She avoided any attempts of interview for a school magazine nor welcoming new friends, as well. 


 

Sandara only kept Kwanghee around and she will keep it that way throughout the school year. She also doesn't care that most students here thinks Kwanghee is her boyfriend or what.

 

 

Kwanghee seemed to not mind it, too. She's a good coverup to his uality, afterall.

 

 

It was her sudden fame that the Track & Field Club invited her to be in their team even if it is already past the application deadline. They extended their application for her.

 

 

But Sandara couldn't decide yet if she wanted to join the club or not. She is still thinking about it.

 

 

"GD is staring at you, by the way." Kwanghee murmured again.

 

 

Sandara bit her lip. Deep inside, she knew it. She already felt him staring. His gaze and the familiar effect on it on her is already a given thing.

 

 

"It's good that you're not joining BIGBANG anymore. With that, now, you can be my..." 

 

 

Kwanghee suddenly stood up in front of her. He then began to playfully danced, too.

 

 

Kwanghee was even singing the song 'Cheerleader' by Omi.

 

 

Oh I think that I found myself a cheerleader

She is always right there when I need her

 

 

Kwanghee danced in front of her, too, which made Sandara smiled. Her friend looks silly.

 

 

Oh I think that I found myself a cheerleader

She is always right there when I need her

 

 

If Kwanghee is doing this on purpose to piss off BIGBANG, particularly GD, Sandara has no idea. But she enjoyed the 'performance' her friend is doing.

 

 

"Kwanghee!" 

 

 

Kwanghee stopped momentarily as he looked at the person who called him. It's their football captain.

 

 

Kwanghee winked at Sandara after. "Time for the after practice meeting. See you around, Dar." Then he ran towards his captain while still singing and dancing 'Cheerleader.'

 

 

Sandara laughed at the sight of her friend as she shook her head. She then stood up, stretched her arms, before running for another round.

 

 

Ignoring GD's stares on her when she passed by BIGBANG.

 

 

 

 

Another week have passed by quietly without any incidents of meeting BIGBANG again by chance. Sandara tried to avoid crossing their paths... for now.


 

"This load of papers are heavy! Gosh!" Kwanghee exclaimed in frustration as he tried to balance lots of papers and boxes with two hands.

 

 

Sandara already helped him with one box in her hands. It's lunch break that day and she's helping Kwanghee with errands for his football club. 


 

Kwanghee is doing this for his club before the winter break starts and the year ends.

 

 

"Why does my captain wanted all of this in his classroom? In the 4th floor too! Haisht!" Kwanghee exclaimed again as he turned in one corner to use the stairs.


 

'Fourth floor?' Sandara repeated in her mind. And before she could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter