QUEEN ANNE'S LACE

My Last Grace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper."

- W.B Yeats 

 


 

Ding!

 

 

Kwanghee looked over his phone at the hear of the notification sound. He silently read it first before disregarding it after.

 

 

"Who's it from?" Sandara asked her friend, curiously.

 

 

They were hanging out under the shaded tree that Tuesday's lunch break.

 

 

Kwanghee shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. Seems like a scam message for me. I get those once in a while."

 

 

Ding!

 

 

Another notification rang again, and Kwanghee getting annoyed now, checked the new message again. This time he read it out loud for Sandara to hear.

 

 

"We are expecting you at The...Selection...Day," he slowed down on reading, creasing his forehead as he continued reading. "...Miss Dar Ah. Congratulations."

 

 

Kwanghee looked confused for a second there first before realization hits him and his eyes widened in shock after.

 

 

But the word shock is an understatement right now as Sandara watched how her friend's face changed from wearing a boredom look to an appalled expression next after understanding the meaning behind the messages.

 

 

When Kwanghee finally connected the dots, he looked almost disbelievingly at Sandara.

 

 

"What the heck!?" Kwanghee shouted, still in disbelief. His eyes accusing too.

 

 

Sandara snatched his phone quickly and read the messages herself.

 

 

"Your application has been accepted. Click the link xxx for more information." 

 

 

The first message read. No wonder Kwanghee thought the first message was a scam mail. Then followed shortly by,

 

 

"We are expecting you at The Selection Day, Miss Dar Ah. Congratulations."

 

 

Her friend is shocked. She is a bit too. She is Accepted.

 

 

"I cannot believe you." Kwanghee muttered after a while, breaking her thoughts.

 

 

Sandara returned his phone to him.

 

 

"You.Are.Joining.The.Selection.Day." Kwanghee said, emphasizing every word.

 

 

Sandara didn't answer him as she leaned on the tree instead. She knew he will be angry.

 

 

"My God! Haisht!" Kwanghee exclaimed in exasperation as he watched how his friend acted nonchalant about this. "I thought you joined Track & Field last Club Assembly Day!" He then fanned himself after. This woman is really testing his already thinning patience. "Dar, what the hell have you been thinking? Gosh!" 

 

 

Sandara just let him release his frustrations on her. She didn't comment anything back. She cannot come up with a witty remark too. Also, she understood his anger.

 

 

"Now, you're not talking to me, huh? Look at you!" Kwanghee became more upset. "Since it's my number they've been sending these messages, too, should I reply them STOP or CANCEL, and hope this is enough to stop you from your madness? Girl, you'll be the death of me!"

 

 

Sandara can't help but sighed. "Calm down, Kwanghee. People can hear your girly screams. You'll reveal your uality in no time. Not my fault." Her attempt to pacify him in which she received a glare from him instead.

 

 

Kwanghee was still glaring at her when he spoken. "I can't believe you. Are you crazy?"

 

 

Sandara want to smirk at this. Yes, she is. "Maybe I am." She answered.

 

 

Kwanghee shook his head at her. "Do you understand what danger you are putting your self into, with this?" He asked her, seriously, after.

 

 

Kwanghee is worried and Sandara appreciates it. But,

 

 

"I won't die, I promise. Don't worry too much." She just said.

 

 

"Hul, Dar. You're really crazy." Kwanghee is almost out of words. "You used my number as your contact number to apply to those bastards gang. And you EXPECT me not to worry too much if I ever find it out you are joining them? Even after all the warnings I gave you?" 

 

 

Sandara sighed again. It's tiring to argue with him. She doesn't have a personal phone so she uses Kwanghee's number as her contact number instead. She's been using it for a while now.

 

 

"Hul, hul, hul, if we continue this topic, you will not only give me white hairs for stress but ALSO wrinkles! God, no!"

 

 

Sandara smiled a bit because this. "I'm sorry." She meant this, sincerely. At least Kwanghee really deserves her apology. She's been pestering him around and he never complains until now. And for good reason.

 

 

After a while, Kwanghee have calmed down a bit as he sighed deeply now before looking at Sandara worriedly. "When will this obsession about BIGBANG stops?" He asked the question slowly.

 

 

Sandara is surprised. She didn't expect to hear that from Kwanghee. "I'm not obsessed with BIGBANG." She denied.

 

 

Kwanghee rolled his eyes. "From Day 1 I can tell something is off with you, Dar. Then day 2, day 3, until this very day we are still talking about BIGBANG. Lie to me and I'll slap that beautiful face of yours."

 

 

Sandara was out of words there. It's hard to accept when someone tells her something close to truth. She then cleared after. She should not be affected. "I'm not obsessed with BIGBANG." She said this again. She wanted to mean the words but deep inside her she knew she cannot. Like what Kwanghee said, her interest has only been BIGBANG.

 

 

Kwanghee just looked at her for a moment before he dropped the subject and gave her a sigh after. "Just don't hurt yourself ok? I have a feeling if something happens to you, I'll be the only one who will arrange the funeral services on your behalf. You don't know many people. Plus, you're not friendly either." Kwanghee meant this as a half joke but there can also be hidden truth with it. This girl is a risk taker for bizarre reasons he couldn't point out. He has a feeling this girl is putting her self on danger on purpose. And it worries him.

 

 

"I'm not gonna die." Sandara tried to assure him again.

 

 

Kwanghee wanted to believe her. "I know you're a tough cookie, Dar," he said. Giving her words of encouragement now at least. "but when things get rough at The Selection Day, you can always run away from them. You're good at running, remember?" His try to humor the conversation a bit.

 

 

Sandara laughed a little on his remark. "Running is what I do, yes, but this time I wont be running away from them." She then whispered the last statement to herself. "They have to pay the price."

 

 

Kwanghee shrugged his shoulders at her answer. "If I were BIGBANG, I'll be running away from you too. You're scary."

 

 

Sandara didn't comment on that. She just shrugged her shoulders.

 

 

 


 

 

The Selection Day came shortly after receiving the news she got accepted.

 

 

And now, Sandara and the other applicants were waiting for BIGBANG to arrive. 

 

 

It was almost dusk and they were waiting for BIGBANG in the empty parking lot of the school. They've been here for an hour now, and just like few of the others, Sandara is getting annoyed with the long wait.

 

 

'Privileged bastards.' Sandara thought to herself.

 

 

Well, it's their Event after all. They can make the applicants wait for them longer than one hour if they wanted to.

 

 

Thirty more minutes before BIGBANG finally decided to show up.

 

 

Suddenly, Sandara felt the tenseness in the air when the members got out of their cars now. She especially noticed the big red van behind the members' cars.

 

 

They're doing a road trip, Sandara guessed.

 

 

"Welcome, welcome, welcome, applicants!" Daesung greeted almost too cheerily to them. "You should be proud and feel special as you are The Chosen Few!"

 

 

Sandara wanted to scoff at this. She looked around and she counted ten applicants overall i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter