HYDRANGEA

My Last Grace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hydrangeas are associated with genuine emotion coz it resembles a beating heart."

- ftd

 


 


Sandara is standing in front of her brother's obituary.

 

 

She was frozen on her feet. Tears won't stop flowing from her eyes as she stared on the smiling picture of her brother Sanghyun.

 

 

Her brother is really gone.

 

 

Sandara felt two warm hugs from her mother and sister. There, in their arms, she broke down. 

 

 

They all cried as they wept this grief together.

 

 

 

 

"Here's your tea, unnie." 

 

 

Sandara looked up and smiled a bit at her younger sister Durami. Durami, just like her, looks very worn out and tired dealing with their brother's death.

 

 

They were just finished burying their brother but still lots of questions left unanswered.

 

 

Of why he resorted to do this?

 

 

Of who pushed him to do this?

 

 

Of why Sandara couldn't tell that her brother was suffering before?

 

 

Sandara wanted to cry again but she couldn't anymore. She has no more tears left to cry.

 

 

She sipped her tea. "Thank you, Durami-ah."

 

 

"You weren't sleeping these past days, unnie. I'm afraid you'll get sick." Durami said, worriedly.

 

 

Sandara shook her head. "Don't worry about me. Where's omma?"

 

 

Durami sighed. "She's asleep now. I'm glad she is resting." Durami looked down. "This is hard for all of us."

 

 

Sandara nodded as she held her sister's hand, tightly. "You should be resting, as well. You look tired too."

 

 

Durami smiled, holding her hands. "I can't stop worrying about you. I don't want to lose you, too."

 

 

Sandara hugged her sister. "You won't lose me. I promise." Durami sobbed on her shoulder as Sandara kissed her hair. "Stop worrying for everyone now, Durami-ah. I'm here already. And I promise you I will be here to take care of you and mom."

 

 

Durami slowly pulled away as she wiped her tears. "You are not going back to Japan?"

 

 

Sandara nodded. "I plan to stay longer this time." She then looked seriously at her sister. "I'm suing the person who bullied our brother, Durami. I won't stop until I get that person to jail." 

 

 

Durami suddenly looked worriedly at her. "Unnie, it's not only one person."

 

 

Sandara looked at her, puzzled.

 

 

Durami sighed again as she stood up, opened one drawer, and pulled something like a notebook, and came back to sit with Sandara again. Durami pushed the book towards her.

 

 

"This is Sanghyun's diary. Their names are written in there. You can have this."

 

 

Sandara's heart beat fastened at this. Her hands were shaking even without touching the thing.

 

 

Her brother's diary?

 

 

"There were five men involved in this case, unnie. It's written in his diary." Durami's voice then sounded helpless. "They are members of one fraternity in school. Sanghyun t-tried to join their gang."

 

 

Sandara touched the notebook now. Lightly touching the meticulously written Park Sanghyun atop it. Her brother's unique penmanship.

 

 

There were more people involved in her brother's suffering?

 

 

The thought angered her so much. It's unforgivable.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter