LILAC

My Last Grace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Don't get burn by the fire you are about to start."

- The President to Sandara Park

 


 

 

 

 

 

Sandara stood up from sitting down as the door opened, revealing PO.

 

 

Sandara readied her smile as PO smiled back at her too.

 

 

"Sorry to keep you waiting." PO even said as he walked to the vacant chair there.

 

 

They are in the visitors area in the hospital. Sandara visited PO during the rehabilitation for his shoulder. She thought he would be mad at her but as she watched PO smiling while limping a bit towards the chair, it seemed he has no ill feelings towards her.

 

 

Sandara shook her head no. "I should be the one saying sorry. I didn't visit you right away after what have happened." She sighed after. "So, how are you?" There's a bandage and cast on his right arm, and looks like it would not go back to normal functioning soon. Her smile dropped because of it. "Also, I'm sorry." She said, sincerely.

 

 

PO just smiled at her. "I'm feeling better." He tried to rotate his affected shoulder a bit to show her he is feeling fine. "And it's not your fault, Dar. Don't be sorry." 

 

 

Sandara bit her lips as she lowered her gaze. It was her fault. She indirectly caused this to him. She sighed the guilt deep inside her again. It was too late to prevent what have happened anymore. PO was already hurt.

 


Sandara looked up at PO again. Checking on PO is not the only reason why she visited him today. 

 

 

"It's not my place to say this or you might take this differently but," she looked at PO straight into the eyes. "You should stop hanging with the bad crowd, PO. There are still good things coming in your future that would be potentially ruined by joining these type of friends." She sighed. She might not make sense to PO but, "You are young and better things are heading your way. Don't let these fraternities or gangs take that away from you." She ended.

 

 

For some reasons, Sandara see some similarities of PO and Sanghyun, that's why she's giving him these advices. It was too late to save her brother before, and she is hoping that she can save PO to his impending doom if he doesn't stop hanging out with the wrong crowd. He almost died because of it too.

 

 

She couldn't forgive herself if she leave this city without giving a piece of her mind to PO. She wasn't given a chance before with her brother. At least with PO, she can give him life advices on how bad choices can destroy one's future, and even hurt the people caring about you.

 

 

'How ironic.' Sandara thought, sadly. She is stull currently facing the effects of her bad choices, after all.

 

 

Sandara then sighed after. "Sorry, I am not in the position to say this. I even caused you harm." She admitted.

 

 

PO smiled at her again. "Thank you for your concerns, Dar." He then fell silent after. He was actually putting her words to heart. "I quit BLOCKB right after that night. And I won't be joining these fraternities anymore." He shrugged his shoulders after as his smile dropped. "I thought it's cool to be part of a crowd but I was wrong. Life is short, I finally realized." He smiled a bit after. "I went back to my parents from being a runaway child after that, and they still accepted me. I've been living with them since then." He told her.

 

 

Sandara is pleased to hear that. With the guidance of people who truly cares about PO, he will be fine, she can say that.

 

 

"I am glad to hear that." Sandara stood up now. "Good luck, PO." She then gave him a quick hug. "It was truly nice to see you again." 'Before I leave the city too.' She wanted to add but held her self saying it, in the end.

 

 

PO hugged her back. "See you around, Dar."

 

 

Sandara nodded as she waved him a goodbye.

 

 

Sandara left the hospital. She is sure of where her tracks would lead her next. That before she leave Madtown City, she want to make amends with one thing worth fixing for in this mess she started with.

 

 

Her friendship with Kwanghee.

 

 

 

 

 

 

As expected, Kwanghee was there practicing football with the other athletes in Madtown U. Once he saw Sandara, he quickly excused himself from his teammates and walked straight to her.

 

 

"Hey." Sandara greeted him once he is now in front of her.

 

 

To her surprise, Kwanghee suddenly hugged her.

 

 

"Omo, I'm so sorry, Dar!" Kwanghee was even crying out loud.  "I overreacted that day. I should have stayed and listened to you more." Kwanghee said regrettably. 

 

 

Sandara smiled as she patted his back. "Don't be. I'm the one who should be sorry to you." She told him.

 

 

Kwanghee sniffed his tears as he released Sandara from his hugs. He then nodded to her as they sat to the familiar tree in the oval ground. 

 

 

"I know Dar Ah is not your real name but what it is?" Kwanghee asked her after.

 

 

Sandara sighed at that. "My actual name is Sandara Park." She answered.

 

 

"Sandara Park." Kwanghee repeated, nodding, liking the sound of her real name. "The student who died last year was your brother, huh?" He asked her carefully.

 

 

Sandara nodded. "Park Sanghyun. He's my little brother."

 

 

Kwanghee looked sad for her after. "I'm so sorry, Dar. I had no idea." She is still Dar Ah, her closest friend to him. And she have this tragedy hidden for many months. It must be heavy on the chest to carry alone.

 

 

Sandara looked around the campus. "It's okay. Telling no one about it was part of my plan when I entered this school." She smiled bitterly.

 

 

Kwanghee looked around the school grounds too. "Because you were planning to get revenge for his death." He then glanced at her. "That's why I could not really get you before, you are hiding that grim secret for so long." He stated, sadly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter