SNOWDROPS

My Last Grace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Snowdrops: Theirs is a fragile but hardy celebration...in the very teeth of winter."

- Louise W 

 


 

 

For a while now, Sandara decided to work part-time in a flower shop in the corner street of Madtown U. The shop is not usually busy so she still has plenty of time to think of far more important things. Her task is usually behind the registry and rearranging flowers so it's fairly easy. The pay might be cheap but it's enough for her, for now.

 

 

If not running or pestering Kwanghee around, she would be in this shop. These things kept her sane. How long she would be working here, she has no idea. Plus, she still need money. Most of the money The President gave to her, she sent it to her sister and mother in the USA. Even if her rent is covered for the whole school year, she still need money to cover the other small expenses.

 

 

Modeling is not an option as she is afraid that some photographers might recognize her and her disguise as Dar Ah will be revealed in no time if she is not careful.

 

 

The bell for the flower shop rang and Sandara readied a friendly smile for the customer right away. 

 

 

"Welcome to Madtown's Flower Shop!" She greeted warmly.

 

 

"Dar?"

 

 

"PO?"

 

 

PO looked at her in disbelief. He didn't expect to see her in a place like this. Sandara saw how his eyes traveled from the white bandana in her head to her mild makeup down to what she is wearing - a simple white uniform with laced apron tied around her waist, then to her pair of blue ballet shoes.

 

 

She looked entirely different again the last time PO saw her. 

 

 

PO then chuckled as he motioned his hands towards her. "Why every time I see you, you seems to be someone else?" He kids.

 

 

Sandara felt he hit a bullseye there. She IS someone else. She just gave him an awkward smile.

 

 

"You need anything?" Sandara asked instead.

 

 

"Yes. Flowers for the funeral, please." PO said.

 

 

Sandara stopped as she looked at PO. Sadness in her eyes. "I'm sorry."

 

 

PO shook his head. "No. Don't be. It's not related to me. It's for a friend's." He quickly corrected her.

 

 

Sandara was enlightened. "Oh?" She then quickly moved to gather flowers fitting for the death of loved ones.

 

 

PO watched her doing this and Sandara knew even without looking at him that he is staring at her longer than usual.

 

 

"How's your high school?" Sandara asked him, after a while, while tying the flowers together now.

 

 

PO shrugged his shoulders. "Boring." He said as he leaned on the registry. "Is this the reason why sometimes I don't see you home early? You've been working in this shop?" He asked.

 

 

Sandara smiled as she nodded. 'This and among other things.' She finished the small flower wreath and gave it to PO. "A college girl still need to work." She then winked at him.

 

 

PO suddenly blushed because of this, Sandara didn't missed it. Her roommate is attracted to her. She could tell.

 

 

"After you graduate, will you be going to Madtown University for your college?" Sandara asked to ease the awkwardness in the air. She priced the flowers and PO paid it right away.

 

 

"Thinking about it." PO answered as he was about to put a large amount of bill to the tipping jar too. 

 

 

Sandara quickly stopped him. "No, no, you don't have to do that." 

 

 

"I insist, though." PO told.

 

 

Sandara shook her head no as she covered the jar so he couldn't put money in it.

 

 

PO smiled at her because of this. "I'll buy the groceries for this week instead, then." Before she could protest, he already waved at her and walked out to the door. "See you around, Dar."

 

 

Sandara waved back. PO is a tall, good looking guy, seems to be a level-headed kind of person, too. Any girl would like to date him. He should divert the attention he is giving to her to another woman. She does not want to break his heart.

 

 

Sandara followed where PO is going with her eyes. Over the see-through window glass, she saw how PO approached his waiting friends on motorcycles. His friends seemed to be looking older than PO, too. Sandara noticed something else ther

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter