EVENING PRIMROSE

My Last Grace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Primrose, the spring may love them; Summer knows but little of them."

- William Wordsworth

 



Day 59

 

I don't know what happened and why is this happening but... I am afraid to go to class now. 

My classmates are glaring at me. They poured bucket of ice on my head yesterday saying it's BIGBANG challenge for me.

Their excuse. Full of excuses.

Bigbang hyungs did this. The leader is scary. He ordered this and among other bad things happening to me lately.

I'm being bullied and...I don't know why.

 

 

 

 

Sandara's eyes get teary eyed reading her brother's journal. She could feel the anguish by just reading one of her brother's entry.

 

 

"Sanghyun t-tried to join their gang." 

 

 

She recalled Durami told her. Sanghyun tried to join BIGBANG.

 

 

Sandara started reading his journal inside the cab on the way to the courthouse in hope for answers or reasons of why Sanghyun decided to join the fraternity composed of dangerous students. But it gave her none. Her brother's entries were randomly written too. Full of mundane things. It was few pages later she found entries about the men. 

 

 

Sandara got chills thinking about what she learned from the private investigator. The background of these men sent chills to her spine. They're the type of people you don't want to mess up with.

 

 

Sandara scoffed at herself. 'This is the same people who killed my brother.' 

 

 

Sandara fisted her hands. They killed her brother. That's unforgivable. And they just messed with the wrong person. Her.

 

 

She looked up in front of the courthouse. She has arrived. Late but in time for the verdict.

 

 

She sighed as she stepped inside.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Judge: Members of the jury, you have heard all of the testimony concerning this case. It is now up to you to determine the facts. You and you alone, are the judges of the fact. Once you decide what facts the evidence proves, you must then apply The Law.

 

 

According to Article 250(1) of the Criminal Act (형법), “Murder” is a crime for which the defendant/s could even face the death penalty or life imprisonment. An attempt to commit this crime is also punishable (Article 254). Preparations and conspiracies with intent to commit this crime are also punishable (Article 255). In order to qualify as “Murder”:

 

 

1.) A person has to kill another person

2.) With the intent to commit “Murder.”

 

 

The intent to commit “Murder” includes intent in the form of dolus eventualis (미필적 고의). Dolus eventualis refers to a form of intent where the perpetrator objectively foresees the possibility of his or her act causing death and yet persists regardless of the consequences. This can be inferred from the perpetrator’s conduct in the light of the surrounding circumstances. 

 

 

So if Defendant no. 1 Lee Seunghyun, or Defendant no. 2 Choi Seunghyun, or Defendant no. 3 Dong Youngbae, or Defendant no. 4 Kang Daesung, or Defendant no. 5 Kwon Jiyong, or all, unlawfully contributed in the form of dolus eventualis to the extreme emotional distress to Mr. Park Sanghyun that leads to his decision to commit suicide then the Defendants are liable to the victim's decision to end his life, then you may find all the defendants guilty of Murder, if you find beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendants contributed to Mr. Park Sanghyun's death.

 

 

Bailiff, please give the jury five minutes to deliberate.

 

 

Bailiff: Yes Judge.

 

 

The Jurors left the room to deliberate, the courtroom is in dead silence. All are waiting anxiously for the jurors. Upon their return:

 

 

Judge: Have you reached a verdict?

 

 

Jury Foreperson: We have, your Honor.

 

 

Judge: Will the defendants please stand.

 

 

It is noticeable that four out of the five defendants obeyed and stood up and stands up with their lawyers. But the other defendant sitting on the middle of the group didn't even bother to flinch. He was just sitting there. Not caring.

 

 

The judge lets him.

 

 

Judge: You may read the verdict.

 

 

Foreperson: We the jury, in the case of The Park Family versus Mr. Lee Seunghyun, Mr. Choi Seunghyun, Mr. Dong Youngbae, Mr. Kang Daesung, and Mr. Kwon Jiyong, find the defend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter