Prologue

We Found Love in Nadam

15th May 1996, Haikou, Hainan, Republic of China, a romantic married couple Kim Junsu and Kim Sulli (she used to be Choi Sulli) went into an orphanage called ‘我们的家 Orphanage' in China, 2 months after they lived there.

“Yeobo, we’ve made our decision. There’s no stepping back.”

“Yeah, I know, darling. I just love children. And I can’t...” Sulli was about to cry. She rubbed her stomach.

Sulli was diagnosed that she couldn’t get pregnant anymore.

“Honey, please don’t cry,” Junsu hugged his wife. “We will get the best for us.”

 “Thank you, baby. But, what about our children in Korea?”

“Aniya, they will be as happy as us, yeobo. They’ll be excited to see their new sibling.”

“Hope so,” Sulli answered and they both went inside the orphanage.

***

Kim Junsu is a Korean bussinessman, who was sent to China for his work. While Kim Sulli, his wife, is a famous Korean architect. They both lived in China for about 3 months, leaving their 6-years-old son named Kim Leeteuk and 2-years-old daughter named Kim Yoona. The two lived in Korea with their granny. Sulli was diagnosed that she couldn’t have babies anymore one week before they went to China. Sulli was very upset because she wanted to have one more baby, and her hope faded.

FLASHBACK

“Eomma, appa! Come home soon, okay?” young Leeteuk was about to cry.

“I will, honey,” said Sulli and she kissed Leeteuk’s forehead.

Then she faced little Yoona that was held by her granny. “Yoona honey, eomma and appa will go now. Be a good girl to halmeoni, arasso?” then Sulli kissed Yoona’s cheek.

“Son, take care of yourself and your sister. Be a brave boy, okay?” Junsu gave high-five to his son.

“Okay, appa!” Leeteuk ran off to Junsu and gave a hug.

Junsu patted Leeteuk’s hair. Then, Junsu came after Yoona. “Yoona~ Don’t fight with your oppa. Halmeoni will look after you two. Appa and eomma will be back soon! I love you, my little princess!” Junsu kissed baby Yoona.

Mr. Cho, Junsu’s personal assistant, came in hurry. “Mr. Kim, the gate has opened. We will depart soon.”

“Ah, arasso. Eomma, I’m going! Please take care of this two. Jeongmal kamsahamnida eomma!” Junsu and Sulli went straight to the gate.

“Bye-bye, eomma! Appa!” Leeteuk waved.

“Bye!” Junsu and Sulli waved back.

“Are they going to be okay without us?” Asked Sulli.

“Of course, it’s eomma.” Junsu embraced Sulli.

They entered the airplane.

The woman sighed. “I’m gonna miss them.”

“Relax, honey. It’s only for three months. Time goes really fast.”

“Honey... About my illness...”

“Ani, don’t think about it.”

“But... We’ve already made a plan to have one more baby, right?”

“Yeobo, if you really really want to have another child, we can look for an orphanage there, in China?”

“Ah, jeongmalyeo? Can I?” Sulli seemed excited.

“Of course you can, darling. Now take some rest. We’ll arrive in couple hours.”

END OF FLASHBACK

***

“Huanying, huanying! Welcome to ‘Our House Orphanage’! May I help you, Sir?”

“Thank you. Yeah, we’re planning to adopt a new child. Could you guide us to look around?”

“Yes, of course, Sir! This way.”

They passed some groups of kids, 5-13-years-old kids, but they seemed not interested. And then, they went to the newborn babies room.

“Honey, did you hear that cries?” Sulli asked Junsu.

“Uhuh, wae?”

“Uh, aniyeo... I miss the time when Leeteuk and Yoona were still one month old. Can we look inside?”

“Of course, honey. Take your time there.”

Sulli went inside. She was looking for the crying baby. And finally, she got it. A little baby girl.

“Aww... You must be so lonely, right?” Sulli took the baby and held her. “Ah, look at you... You’re so pretty... Junsu-ya, honey come here!”

“Yeah?”

“Look at this girl. She was crying before, but when I held her, she stopped. Look, she has beautiful eyes and perfect skin!”

“Omona, this baby girl is kwiyeopta! So cute~” Junsu used his aegyo.

After a couple of minutes admiring the baby girl, Sulli finally decided to adopt the baby.

“Honey, I guess I’ll pick her. I feel like that... There’s a connection between me and her. Would you adopt her?”

“Are you sure? Is this your final decision?”

“Yeah. I’ll take care of her well.”

“Okay, then. Hey, miss? I’d like to adopt this baby girl. What’s her name?”

“Her name is Wang Fei Fei, Sir.”

“What a beautiful name, Fei.” Sulli looked into the baby’s eyes.

“So, deal.” Junsu agreed.

***

1 MONTH LATER

“Eomma, Leeteuk, Yoona! Appa has arrived~” said Junsu happily.

The whole family finally met again. They hugged each other.

“Eomma, where’s my new sister?” Leeteuk seemed very excited.

“Here~ Leeteuk, say hello to your new sister, Fei,” said Sulli.

“Eo, annyeong~ waaa she’s so cute...”

Sulli chuckled. “So, as a big brother, you have take a good care of her, okay?”

“Okay, eomma! Hehehe~”

***

15th May 1996, Los Angeles, California, United States of America, a sweet silly parents wanna-be, Hwang Chansung and Hwang Eunjung (she used to be Ham Eunjung) was waiting for their new family member that will arrive that night.

“Ya, Hwang Chansung-ssi! Get yo’ here, hurry up!” Eunjung half-yelled across the phone.

“Yeobo? Calm down, what happen?”

“I don’t feel really well. Could you please accompany me here? Neoneun eodiya?”

“I-I’m still at the office. Meeting, actually,” Chansung whispered. Truthfully, he’s in a night club with his dudes.

“Why on earth that a meeting could possibly so freaking crowd, huh?”

“U-uh, honey, that doesn’t matter. Okay, I’ll go home now. Wait for me~ Bye~” Chansung hung up.

“Aiissh, babo,” Eunjung sighed.

***

Hwang Chansung is the son of Korean embassy for United States. So, he lived in Washington D.C. until he graduated from high school. Basicly, Chansung’s family is very rich. He didn’t need any schoolarship or else to get into a hig-class university. He just paid. So, he decided to continue his study to the University of California Los Angeles. There, he met Eunjung, a Korean student who study abroad. They fell in love and they got married a year later. Through their business with their studies, Eunjung got pregnant 9 months before they graduate.

FLASHBACK

“Ya! Chanbabo! Look at this!” Eunjung hopped happily when she came out from the toilet.

“What, honey~?”

“Look!” Eunjung showed the test pack. Two red lines. Positive.

“A thermometer? You caught a fever? Omona, you should rest, yeobo!”

“Are you somekind of idiot or what!? I’m pregnant!”

“Mwo?” Chansung lost his grip on the cup of coffee that he held. “You what!?”

“I’m pregnant! There’s a baby here!” Eunjung rubbed her belly.

Chansung looked at Eunjung in disbelief. Then a big smile appeared on his sleepy face. “YOU WHAT, HONEY!?” He ran to catch Eunjung.

“I’m pregnant, baboya!” Eunjung cried of happiness. She flew to Chansung’s hug.

They both danced happily, forgetting the spilled coffe and the broken cup. That was the happiest moment in their life.

“Finally...” said Eunjung, smiled on Chansung’s shoulder.

“Yeah... Hey, we should tell appa about this!” Chansung suddenly got up, made Eunjung fell.

“Ya!! Careful, there’s a baby here, remember?”

The guy laughed. “Oh, I’m sorry, hunny bunny~” Chansung helped Eunjung to get up. “Do you think we should tell appa now, yeobo?”

“Yea, yeah. That’s a great idea,” said Eunjung.

END OF FLASHBACK

***

“Honey I’m homeee!” Chansung put off his shoes.

“Chansung-ah, I-I think... I’m going to... Give birth to this baby!!” Eunjung said in such painful.

“Ya!! Seriously!? For real!? Omo, eotteokhae!?!” Chansung got panic. He had not put off the other shoe yet.

“Honey calm down... Now take me to the hospital. LIKE RIGHT NOW!”

“Okay, okay!” he put on his shoe again.

Chansung got in the car first and he the machine. He stepped on the gas as fast as the lightning but suddenly, he heard a woman screaming from behind.

“YA!!! I’M STILL HERE, YOU BABO!!!” Eunjung waved in front of their house.

“Ah you Hwang Chansung-nim, idiot!” he scolded himself, and he went backward.

The wife finally got in. “Are you trying to kill me or something!?!” Eunjung yelled.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry! I was so panic back then, honey!”

“Ah, jinjja whatever. Now drive carefully!”

Chansung got even more panic than before. He stepped on the gas once more and it turned out like a freaking racing car.

“HWANG CHANSUUUUUUNG!!!” Eunjung screamed.

***

“Honey, uh... u-um... hwaiting!!!” Chansung clenched his palms. “The doctor will be here soon, keep calm.”

“I’m trying to be calm since we arrived, honey!” Eunjung’s breath was uncontrollable.

“Good evening, Sir, Ma’am. I’m your doctor for today. Who’s gonna give birth?” The doctor finally came.

“It’s him.” Eunjung pointed at Chansung.

“Ooo, arasso. H-Hwang... Hwang Chansung-ssi!?” The doctor was very surprised.

“Uh... Sorry, may I know you, doctor-nim?” Chansung seemed confused.

“It’s me! Junho-ya, Lee Junho! Remember when we were in high school? We made sort of boy band! We were so damn cool back then!”

“L-Lee... Lee Junho!?! Hwang-jae!?! Ji-jinjjayo, it’s you!?”

“Nee! Hwang-jae! Do you still remember our song? Put your hands up! Put your hands up! Pu-pu-pu-pu-put!” Doctor Lee danced.

“Whoaaa! It’s totally you! Pu-pu-pu-pu-put your hands up! Hahahaha, yeah!”

“Um... Yoohoo~ Someone’s trying bear a baby here~ Remember?” Eunjung waved.

“Uh, I-I’m sorry! Okay, okay,” Doctor Lee realized Eunjung’s presence.

The process took 5 hours long and finally, the baby arrived.

“Uwaaah, look at her! She has gorgoeus eyes! She really looks like you, Mrs. Hwang!” Doctor Lee handed over the baby to Eunjung.

“Oh... Yeah... Thank you so much, Doctor Lee... And yes, she is very pretty like me, hahahaha! Oops. Um... Where’s my hubby?” Eunjung asked.

“Uh, a-actually... He fainted during the process. The nurses have already take care of him. Don’t worry,” Doctor Lee explained.

“Aigoo, jinjja~”

“By the way, what would you like to call her? Have you prepared the name for her?”

“Oh, yeah. We’ve already planned for her name. We’re gonna call her Soonkyu. Hwang Soonkyu.”[]

 

==========

 

uwaah, the first chapter is finally updated!^^

so what do you think? this is only the prologue though, we'll enter their life in the next chapter.

who's waiting for it? xD

looking forward for your comments and subscribes! thank you^^

saranghaeyo~~