Chapter 6: I'm still here

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yes Dad... Didn’t you like LGC’s presentation? Do you want some changes?” Jiyong asked his father.

 

Mr. Kwon asked him to meet at his office so they could talk.

 

“Jiyong, are you serious about this?” Mr. Kwon was so worried about his son’s decision and actions these days.

 

“Well of course Dad. Didn’t you see what they have presented. Even the board was impressed by Dara’s design.” Jiyong was so proud.

 

“I’m not talking about the presentation son.” Mr. Kwon paused and looked at his son intently.

 

“What is it then?”

 

Mr. Kwon shook his head. “Miss Sandara Park... I’ve read the dating news. Everybody’s talking about it.” He massaged his nape and thought deeply. “Is this your idea about the partnership you were talking about last time? To have Soo Man’s daughter so you can have the partnership with LGC?”

 

“What?” Jiyong’s face scrunched. “I haven’t thought about that Dad. All we have now is the Incheon project. Nothing else.”

 

“Be careful with what you are doing to Miss Park, Jiyong. She’s even wearing your shirt. You never let anybody wear your shirt except you.” Mr. Kwon looked at his son again. “Do not ever forget that she is Soo Man’s daughter. “

 

Jiyong looked away and furrowed his brows.

 

“If you really like her then I don’t have any objection with that... Heck, she is LGC’s princess. Your mother was actually happy when she read the dating news. Who wouldn’t want her to become their daughter-in-law? Every businessman with sons dream of that.” Mr. Kwon inhaled deeply. “But if you plan to just play with her like your other women, then I’ll ask you stop it right now.”

 

Jiyong just looked at his father without answering.

 

“I know you understand what I’m saying son but I would like to say it anyway and I want you to listen carefully... LGC is a lot bigger than KHG. Soo Man won’t let you use her daughter just like that. She is too precious for just playing. It would be a big conflict between our companies. We wouldn’t want to go against them.”

 

Without their knowledge, Sohee heard everything they talked about. She was leaning on Jiyong’s office door that is opened a little bit.

 

Sohee went to KHG to surprise Jiyong. She was stopped by his secretary saying that him and his father were talking inside. When the secretary left for a while to go to the comfort room, she took the opportunity to go inside.

 

She wanted to meet Mr. Kwon and introduce herself as Jiyong’s lover. She waited for this opportunity all this time. But when she heard them talking about Sandara Park, she decided to just lean on the door and listen.

 

A smile crept up her face when she heard Mr. Kwon warning Jiyong about having Dara for the purpose of partnership.

 

Then she left...

 

...

 

“So, are you really going to get on with the princess to have the partnership bro?” That was Lee Soo Hyuk.

 

Soo Hyuk and Jiyong are now at NB2.

 

*NB2 is a hiphop club owned and operated by YG Entertainment. It is one of the hottest club located in Hongdae. On the weekends, there are so many people coming to this club that you might need to wait in line outside for a while to get into the club.

 

*(Info taken from www.koreanetwork.com)*

 

They were having drinks with women in their arms whom they have just known inside the club.

 

“The is that... I swear, that never came to my mind until Dad talked to me a while ago.” Jiyong took a sip at his drink while a woman was clinging to him and kissing his neck.

 

“Marry her bro. That’s the easiest and surest way to have the partnership you are dreaming about.” Soo Hyuk signalled the waiter to bring them another round of drinks. They were at the VIP section of the club, the mezzanine part where they could actually see everyone. “That is if you can get past her brother Minho.”

 

“How’d you know that bro?” Jiyong detached himself from the woman clinging to him and told her to leave him for a while.

 

“Kim Soo Hyun.” Soo Hyuk also signalled his woman to leave.

 

“Soo Hyun huh!”

 

“Secrets aren’t safe with him bro. That guys a blabbermouth.”

 

“How do you know Soo Hyun?”

 

“He comes here sometimes with Jaejoong. I overheard them talking about Dara. Jae was asking details about her. Seems like him and Jae are close.”

 

“I think I saw that in the office too. I wonder if he’s the one sending Dara those flowers.”

 

“Flowers? Looks like you’ve got competition.” Soo Hyuk looked at Jiyong. “I want to see how the great Jiyong Kwon fight for a girl. I think I’ve never seen that before. This would be the first time.” Soo Hyuk was smirking.

 

“Yeah? You’re crazy bro.”

 

“Well, if you wanted to have the princess then start now and up your game bro. Jae’s got some advantage because of Soo Hyun.” Soo Hyuk sipped at his wine and thought. “But you should do something with Minho.”

 

“Me and Dara would be working together till the construction of the project is done. Minho wouldn’t always be around her.”

 

“Seems like a plan bro. I don’t think this is just about the partnership.” Soo Hyuk was looking at Jiyong while shaking his head. “You like her, don’t you?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter