Chapter 19: Best Friend, Maybe

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong went near Dara and Donghae but the two weren’t aware of it.

 

Donghae Lee is the son of a well known real estate mogul. He was based in Europe for a few years after graduating in the same school as Dara and Minho. He was one of their very close friend. He and Dara became very close to the point of liking each other but have never been in a romantic relationship. Because of the pressure to be very successful as their parents, they decided to not have a relationship while studying. He went to Europe to pursue more of his studies and have a vast experience in his field.

 

When he achieved his elite status in the business, he decided to go back to America but Dara and Minho were already back in Seoul.

 

“Until when are you going to stay here?” Donghae asked Dara

 

“Hmm, I think until tomorrow? Then we have to go back to Seoul.” She stopped caressing the dog and looked at him. “When did you come to Korea?”

 

“A week ago. I thought I was going to see you in Seoul but I’m glad to see you here. Yuki misses you so much.” He patted the dog on her arms and talked to it like it was a baby. “Right Yuki? You miss Mommy so much? Mommy’s here now.”

 

“Mommy?” Jiyong intervened.

 

Both of them faced him.

 

“Jiyong Kwon?” That was Donghae.

 

“Yes. I’m Jiyong Kwon. Dara’s boyfriend.” He offered his hand for a shake. “Surprised to see you here Lee Donghae.”

 

Donghae accepted the handshake. “I have a house here in Jeju. Just 5 minutes walk from here. I’m glad to be your neighbor. Yuki is so happy to see his mommy again.”

 

“So Dara is your dog’s mommy?” He asked.

 

Dara smiled. “I adopted Yuki from a shelter in Georgetown when he was still a puppy. He was abandoned by the owner. When I took him home, Donghae couldn’t get away from him. He fell inlove with Yuki the moment he saw him so he asked me if he could be a parent of the puppy too in which I agreed.” She explained.

 

“I see. So that makes Yuki your baby.”

 

“Yes, Yuki is our baby. I’m Yuki’s daddy and Dara is mommy.” Added Donghae.

 

Jiyong felt a pinch in his heart. Dara just became his girlfriend last night and now he is already starting to get jealous. Dara knew Donghae when she was in America. Those were the times she doesn’t have memories of Jiyong anymore except for a schoolmate in high school. By just what the two have said, he could feel that they became very close to the point of sharing a puppy as their baby. Is he the guy Minho was referring to as someone she likes? That question started to eat his heart out.

 

“We’re about to have breakfast. Do you want to join us?” Jiyong asked.

 

“Oh no. I need to bring Yuki home. He needs to eat too. I’ll just have breakfast there. Maybe I’ll join you next time.”

 

“We’ll be going home tomorrow Hae. Why don’t you join us now?” Dara insisted.

 

“I’ll be visiting you in Seoul Dara. I can bring Yuki too if you want.”

 

She kissed Yuki many times before giving back to Donghae. “I will miss you my baby Yuki.”

 

“I’ll get going.” He said to Jiyong then faced Dara. “Be careful on your way back to Seoul.”

 

“I’ll bring us back to Seoul safe and sound.” Answered Jiyong. His voice was calm but deep inside he was the opposite.

 

Donghae’s eyes never left Dara. “I’ll visit you and Minho in Seoul okay? I’ll make time. I’ll call you.”

 

She nodded. With that, Donghae said his goodbye to both of them.

 

...

 

After breakfast, Jiyong decided to bring Dara to Jeju Shinhwa World. He remembered that Dara loved theme parks before and he was hoping that it still didn’t change.

 

Jiyong wasn’t wrong. Dara still enjoyed theme parks. They tried every ride offered and out were the kids inside them. They forgot that they were the successful young professionals that a lot were envious of. When Dara was hungry, he brought her to Untitled 2017 Cafe at YG Republique.

 

“Mmm! The food’s good here.” Stated Dara while she was tasting her food.

 

“Do you know who owns this cafe?” Asked Jiyong.

 

“No. Do you own it?”

 

“No I don’t. I’m not G-Dragon.”

 

“Who's G-Dragon?”

 

“Oh! The Korean rapper, singer, songwriter and fashion icon. He is also the leader of Bigbang. Have you heard their songs?”

 

“Yes I did but I never really checked out the members. Though I like their music style.”

 

Jiyong searched the internet on his phone and showed her a picture of the Bigbang boys. He told her the names of each of them. “This is G-Dragon, Taeyang, T.O.P., D-Lite and V.I.”

 

“Wow! They’re cute.” She looked at Jiyong, then at the phone and back to Jiyong again.

 

His brows raised.

 

“Did somebody ever tell you that you have a lot of similarities with this G-Dragon?” She pointed at his phone screen. “This one looks like Seunghyun... This one looks like Youngbae... This one looks like Daesung and... Wow! This one looks like my baby panda Seungri.”

 

“Who are Youngbae and Daesung?”

 

“They are from LGC too. My associates who were assigned in the United States to take over LGC America so me and Minho could come back to Korea... because of your KHG Incheon project.”

 

“Oof, sorry about that baby. I just want you to come back to Korea, that’s why I did that.”

 

“Yeah, I realized everything now.”

 

“Are you mad at me?”

 

“No. If you didn’t do that, I wouldn’t know about my lost memories.”

 

“Right.” Jiyong felt Dara’s sadness again so he tried to divert her attention. “So who do you like in Bigbang?”

 

“Hmmm...” She pointed at the tallest guy in the group. “I like T.O.P. He looks so good.” Then she smiled.

 

“Really? Why not G-Dragon? You said I look like G-Dragon.”

 

“Cause T.O.P. is taller.”

 

“But you said he looks like Seunghyun.” He was complaining.

 

Dara chuckled. “But I don’t love T.O.P. or Seunghyun. I love you!”

 

Jiyong smiled from ear to ear. “That’s my girl!”

 

“I think I can form a boy group too. It’s going to be you, Seunghyun, Youngbae, Daesung and Seungri.”

 

“What would you name us?”

 

“Bigboys!” She said it with enthusiasm.

 

“What?” He tilted his head in amusement. “Bigboys?”

 

“Cause I don’t even know if any of you can sing except for my baby panda Seungri.”

 

“Hmmmm, well I think that could be fixed. Can Minho sing?”

 

“Not that much. But I’ve heard him and Donghae sing sometimes. Donghae can.”

 

Jiyong’s smile was gone. “Dara, can I ask about Donghae?”

 

“Yeah. Sure. What is it?”

 

“How did you and him become close?”

 

“We met at Georgetown University. There were very few Asians and a much fewer Korean students. He and Minho were classmates so Minho introduced him to me. Then we hang out together a lot of times. Then we also met Chaerin. Never have I thought she was your cousin.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter