Chapter 9: Questions

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Jiyong left Seunghyun at Blacklist, he decided to go to NB Club and drink by himself. He wanted the pain in his chest to go away. Seunghyun is his bestfriend and he became a brother to him, but basing on their conversation, he was not going to back down. He knew Seunghyun so much that everything he said is true.

 

He had a lot of alcohol and was already groggy. He may be somewhat intoxicated but he still knows what is happening. He then took out his phone and dialed.

 

“Hello?” The person on the other line answered.

 

“Hello baby... I miss you... I miss you so much.”

 

“Jiyong? Are you drunk?”

 

“No baby... I’m drinking... at the bar... but I’m not drunk.”

 

“Where are you Jiyong? Do you want me to call Seunghyun for you?”

 

“Seunghyun?” He laughed bitterly. “My brother... my bestfriend... No wonder we love the same girl... Why can’t he choose another girl?... Why did he have to love you too?”

 

“Where are you? Tell me please?” Dara was so worried. She just got home after a dinner meeting with her design team for a new project.

 

“No need baby. I’m okay here. I just need to get this damn thing out of my chest.”

 

“Jiyong please go home now. I’m begging you.”

 

“Just a little later baby. I’ll be going home after.”

 

“Jiyong please?!”

 

“I’ll hang up now baby. I love you.” Jiyong ended the call and continued drinking.

 

After Jiyong’s call, Dara’s heart was racing. She knew she likes him but she doesn’t understand why her worries were going overboard.

 

An hour had already passed but her heart still couldn’t relax. She’s pacing back and forth in her unit and couldn’t sit tight. She tried to call Chaerin and Soo Hyuk asking them if they know where he is but the two didn’t know where. Unfortunately, both of them were on an out of town work. She couldn’t disturb her brother Minho too since he is still on his way back to Seoul.

 

“Where are you Jiyong?”

 

She picked her phone and called his number.

 

After the fifth ring, “Hello?”

 

She looked at her phone checking if it was Jiyong’s number she is calling. The man who answered in the other line was not him. “Uhm I’m sorry but I’m sure this is Jiyong’s phone and I’m calling him. Is he there?”

 

“Ma’am, Mr. Kwon is already passed out here at the bar. I was suppose to use his phone and call anyone from it. I’m the bartender here and I’m glad you called.”

 

“He has already passed out? Oh my God! Can you please tell me where that bar is?”

 

The bartender informed her that he is at NB Club.

 

“Thank you. I’m on my way. Please look after him while I’m not yet there.”

 

“Yes ma’am.”

 

Dara hurriedly changed into jeans, a white shirt and a jacket. She slipped on her sneakers then went on her car and left.

 

When she arrived at the NB Club, he called the bartender who looked after Jiyong and pleaded to bring him out and meet her at the parking lot. She asked and paid the management of the club to look after his car for tonight and just come back tomorrow to get it.

 

When they left the bar, Dara decided to drive near the Han River to think where she could bring Jiyong. She didn’t know where he lives. She couldn’t drop him off at KHG since no one would take care of him. She couldn’t bring him to the hotel, somebody might see them and take pictures of them. They would have another dating article again.

 

“Where will I bring you Jiyong?” She looked at him sleeping on the passenger side of her car.

 

“I love you Dara... Please come back to me baby.” He said while sleeping. Dara’s eyes widened with what she heard.

 

“Come back to me? But we’ve never been together yet.”

 

“Back baby!... I need you... I love you... Please come back.” Jiyong’s voice was pleading.

 

“I don’t understand.” Tears were falling from her eyes. “What’s happening?”

 

“Remember baby... You promised me... I’m here... Remember...”

 

She felt a sudden pain in her chest and held it, “Jiyong, what happened?”

 

But he didn’t answer and was still fast asleep.

 

“I don’t understand Jiyong. Why am I hurting for you?” She tried to calm herself so she could think. She didn’t have a choice but call Minho.

 

“Hello?” Minho answered in the other line.

 

“Help me please. Jiyong is with me. I don’t know where to bring him.” She was desperately asking for his help.

 

Minho heard her sobbing. “Why are you crying? Did something happen to him?”

 

“No no. I just need someone to help us.”

 

“Drive back to the apartment Dara. I’ll call the security of the building to help you bring Jiyong to your unit. Don’t worry, I’ll be arriving in less than an hour.”

 

“Okay thank you. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter