Chapter 26: Changes

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five years had passed when Dara left South Korea with Seunghyun. She hasn’t been home since then. She chose not to. Every time she remembers that day, it pains her a lot. She kept herself busy so as to forget the hurt that she believed was caused by the man she loved and the woman who was so obsessed with him.

 

Since she didn’t want to go back home to Korea yet, her family decided to visit her regularly instead. Family video calls every week, messages everyday and whenever there is a special occasion, they get to go to London or fly to other countries and celebrate together.

 

She accepted Seunghyun’s project proposal in London. Everything went well and now it’s almost done. She personally managed the construction and supervised it from the start. She also accepted additional projects while she was there.

 

Because of what she did, another flagship company was opened in London under LGC. This is the LGC Construction Europe which was solely headed by Dara. LGC Construction is just one of the companies under LGC. This wasn’t the first time she started a flagship company. She did the LGC Construction America together with Minho. Both of which became very successful.

 

Aside from the two divisions of LGC Construction in America and Europe, the main office located in Seoul under the LGC Head Office which was known as LGC Construction South Korea has already changed to LGC Construction Asia. Although Dara doesn’t go home to South Korea, she still goes to different countries to check every project their company has. The South Korea projects were overseen by Soo Hyun but he still reports everything to Dara.

 

For their positions in the company, Chairman Lee still is the CEO of LGC. He now holds the title of the richest man in Asia and LGC is now the biggest company in Asia.

 

Minho, as the successor of the CEO title of his father, is already the President of LGC. LGC is the parent company of all the subsidiaries under it including LGC Constructions and LGC Foods.

 

Seungri is now the General manager of LGC Foods. After his studies in Europe, he came back to South Korea to learn how to manage the business. After a few years of hard work and dedication, he now holds the General Manager title in his field.

 

Dara, aside from her position in the parent company as the Chief Design Officer and Head Architect, is now also the Managing Director of LGC Construction.

 

Seunghyun’s company, Starfield Malls, now had a limited partnership with LGC Construction. Seunghyun himself became the President of Starfield Malls too, also is a successor of his father’s title. Because of the partnership that was established, although a limited one, both companies became stronger. In every mall that was owned by Starfield, you can see the design touch of LGC particularly that of Dara. Everything was aesthetic in every sense.

 

The rumors about the break up of KHG’s Jiyong Kwon and LGC’s Sandara Park, the most powerful couple of South Korea, started to come out when the partnership of LGC and Starfiled was known in the business world. The scandal about Jiyong impregnating the actress Sohee Ahn also came out when Sohee gave birth. Pictures after pictures of both of them surfaced. A lot was taken with them going in and out of the hotel. What’s worse was it wasn’t just Sohee but also with other women. Jiyong’s life became a chaos.

 

But the biggest news was that of him getting Sohee pregnant. In response to that, KHG’s PR released a statement and proof that Jiyong wasn’t the father of Sohee’s child. Jiyong also filed a restraining order against Sohee and was approved. It wasn’t already cleared out who the father was because SK Plasma’s management paid the media to not say anything anymore. They had to protect Heechul Kim and his child.

 

Sohee herself never cared about her baby. When she gave birth, Heechul and his lawyers made her sign a contract stating that she will never go near their child in any situation. Her name will never appear in any of the child’s documents. In exchange for that, she received a hefty amount of money from Heechul Kim which she got without second thoughts. She tried to go back to the entertainment industry after a few months of giving birth and conditioning her body back but no agency wanted to sign her up. As expected, she was tagged as the reason why Jiyong and Dara broke up. They called her a snake in the relationship. Because of that, she decided to quit the entertainment industry. She went back to her parent’s hometown and lived a quiet life away from the limelight that she once was part of.

 

Jiyong became the President of KHG. His father was still the CEO. But so many changes happened in the company. They lost a lot of their branches. Many of their investors withdrew their shares in the company. In short, their business went down to the extent of almost going bankrupt. Problems arose left and right, mostly on the financial side. The conflict between the Kims and the Kwons became deeper resulting in them giving up on KHG and starting a different company together with other investors on their side. Thus, making KHG become a much smaller company than what it was before. Even the Incheon Project ,which was what KHG has with LGC, was ceased because of financial issues.

 

Whatever happened to LGC was opposite to what happened to KHG. LGC made a huge investment on KHG’s competitor, Shilla Hotels. LGC was already in talks long ago with Samsung, the parent company of Shilla Hotels, but was halted when Jiyong and Dara were in a relationship. Chairman Lee had to stop in respect to his daughter’s relationship with KHG’s Jiyong Kwon.

 

Chairman Lee became disinterested with the idea of investment on Shilla Hotels even when Jiyong and Dara broke up, but it became different with Minho. Like what he warned Jiyong before, that if his sister gets hurt in their relationship, he will make Jiyong and KHG bow down. True to his words, Minho and now with the help of Seungri, both of Dara’s brothers made KHG fall. Minho and Seungri knew what they were doing. It was easy for them.

 

Jiyong tried his best to explain but everything fell on deaf ears. Minho was a lot more powerful and a better businessman than Jiyong. Because LGC was a huge company, the trust of the majority was on them. One factor was the breakup itself. Investors and the people lost their belief in Jiyong. Chairman Kwon was right, distrust and infidelity became a big cause of his failure. Although he never cheated on Dara while they were together, people did not see that. What they remembered was the Sohee scandal that blew up in proportions. KHG’s lawyers and PR team tried to suppress the issue and was successful but it took a long time. It took a toll on the Kwon family and they were barely hanging on. They used a lot of their savings and assets just to save the company.

 

...

 

Before everything on Jiyong fell apart, he did follow Dara in London a month after he knew that she left Korea. With the help of his hired private investigator, he had located exactly where Dara was. He was determined to get her back. He rented a place near hers. He prepared himself to face Dara and explain everything.

 

Flashback...

 

When he arrived at her pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter