Chapter 8: My Everything

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hi Dara!”

 

“Seunghyun?” She smiled.

 

Seunghyun approached Dara and gave her a kiss on the cheek. He guided her on their table like a perfect gentleman and helped her settle on her seat. He then sat facing Dara and offered the flower bouquet that he prepared on their table.

 

“Surprised?” Seunghyun was smiling so handsomely that Dara couldn’t stop being giddy inside.

 

‘KYAAAAAAHHHHHH!’ She mentally screamed. ‘I wish Bom was here so she could see this!’ She said to herself.

 

Dara was speechless. She never thought Seunghyun could become this perfect. For her, he was perfect from head to toe physically. Shecouldn’t believe that her secret admirer was this godly prince in front of her. Her mental giddiness was stopped when Seunghyun held both of her hands.

 

“Dara, please talk to me. I’ve been saying a lot of things here but you aren’t saying anything.” Seunghyun’s forehead creased. “Don’t you like it here? We could go anywhere you like.”

 

“Ah, I’m sorry Seunghyun.... This place is so nice. I got distracted.”

 

‘Lame excuse Dara, lame excuse...’ She was chanting on her head. ‘Stop thinking stupidly and calm down self!’

 

“I’m sorry if I choose to be mysterious at first. I just wanted everything to be perfect before showing myself to you.” Seunghyun was saying it like he was so shy.

 

Dara smiled at him.

 

“Every message that I sent you on those flowers are real. I hope those didn’t bother you.”

 

“Those are actually sweet. I love the flowers too. Thank you.”

 

He signalled the waiter to bring them wine and the menu.

 

While he was talking to the waiter, Dara made Bom’s phone ring for 5 seconds like what they have talked about before she went on the date.

 

The waiter took their orders and left immediately.

 

Their date went on smoothly. Seunghyun made sure that Dara was comfortable the whole time they were there. There wasn’t any awkward moments and fortunately Dara had a good time. They talked about their jobs and the things that happened on the span of time that they haven’t seen each other.

 

Seunghyun’s family are the biggest shareholder of Starfield Malls in South Korea. His father is the present CEO. Seunghyun on the other hand, is the CFO (Chief Financial Officer) of the corporation. He had proven time in time that even at his age, he could handle the financial affairs of the company.

 

After dinner, they decided to drive around Seoul just for the purpose of chatting more. Seunghyun wanted to make sure that this date would be memorable for her.

 

When they passed along Han River, Dara asked if they could stop for a while and just enjoy the view. Seunhyun obliged and parked his car. He went out first and opened the door for her.

 

As Dara got out of his car, she stretched out and inhaled deeply.

 

Seunghyun noticed this. “Tired? Do you want me to bring you home?”

 

“No, I am fine. It’s just that the meeting was a bit stressful today but I want to thank you.” She looked at him. “Thank you for letting my mind off my work today and thank you for bringing me here.”

 

“You like it here in Han River?”

 

“I feel so relaxed looking at it.”

 

Seunghyun held her hand. “I can bring you here anytime you want Dara. Just tell me.” He looked at her lovingly.

 

Dara smiled. “No need for that. I can drive myself here.”

 

Seunhyun took her other hand. “I insist Dara. I want you to feel happy and relaxed whenever you are with me. If going to Han River is one of them then I would gladly do it.” He brought both hands to his lips and kissed them.

 

‘KYAHHHHHHHH!’ She was mentally screaming and was just smiling calmly. If only Seunghyun knows that she is already being giddy inside.

 

Seunghyun brought Dara to her apartment and insisted to walk her until her unit’s door.

 

Before she was going to enter her keycode, Seunghyun took Dara’s hand. “Do you remember what I asked you in high school?”

 

“Huh?” Dara’s brows furrowed.

 

He eased her brows with his thumb and touched her cheek. “I asked you if we could go out?” He brought her hands to her lips and kissed it. “I still want it Dara.” He kissed it again. “I want you to be my girlfriend... I will do everything for you to say yes... I will wait when you are ready... Just give me a chance... I love you.”

 

“EHERMMMMM!” Their eyes moved immediately to the person who made the noise. He did not let go of Dara’s hands.

 

“Minho?” Dara’s eyes widened.

 

“Why are you home only now? Do you know what time is it?” His arms was folded in is chest while he was tapping his foot.

 

“Uh, 11pm? Why?” She sarcastically answered.

 

“Isn’t that too late for you to come home?” He faced Seunghyun. “Why did you bring her home only now?”

 

“How are you Minho?” He extended his arm to him for a handshake without letting go of Dara’s hand.

 

Minho gave him a very brief handshake. Seunghyun just smirked.

 

“So? Why only now?”

 

“I took her on a dinner date, drove around the city and stopped by Han River.” Seunghyun answered.

 

“You went to Han River? What did you do there?”

 

“Minho, this wouldn’t be the first time me and Dara will be going out. But don’t worry, I promise that she will be safe with me.”

 

“That’s good. But you have to leave now.” Back is the Minho who shoos away her suitors.

 

Dara rolled her eyes at him.

 

Seunghyun faced Dara. “I’ll go this time but I’ll call you. We’ll go out again next time. Call me anytime you want. I’ll go with you wherever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter