Chapter 23: Decisions

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“My offer will always stand for you Dara.”

 

Seunghyun and Dara are at a coffee shop around Seoul. He decided to bring her there and talk about business. He wanted to talk to her on neutral grounds, no LGC or Starfield Malls executives with them.

 

“Haven’t you tried offering it to others?” Dara was touching the rim of her cup.

 

“Why would I offer it to others if I know that you are here?” He was trying to look at her in the eyes but she was avoiding it. “If you are worried about Jiyong, don’t be. I know where I stand and I accepted defeat.”

 

She finally looked at him.

 

“I lost your heart Dara. Please don’t let me lose as a businessman and a friend to you too.”

 

“If I would accept it, I will have conditions.”

 

“That would be part of the contract. Like what I said, I will give it to you as long as it doesn’t go against my company.”

 

“Can you give me a little bit more time?”

 

“No problem. Is a month enough for you?”

 

She nodded.

 

“Now, that’s done... How are you and Jiyong?”

 

Just then, Dara’s phone rang. She looked at her screen and sighed. “Can I take this for a while?”

 

“Speaking of the devil huh?”

 

She nodded. “I’m sorry Seunghyun.”

 

“Don’t be. I’ll just go to the balcony and smoke.”

 

When Seunghyun left the table.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Baby where are you? I’m at the parking lot of LGC.”

 

“I’m at a cafe with Seunghyun.”

 

“Okay...”

 

“It’s a business meeting Jiyong. Nothing more.”

 

“Uhm, can I wait for you? Do you want me to get you there when you are done?”

 

“Just wait for me. We’re almost done.”

 

“Let’s have dinner after?”

 

“Sure.”

 

“I’ll wait for you baby. I love you.”

 

“I love you too. Bye.”

 

Seunghyun was already near Dara when he heard her bid goodbye to his bestfriend... His bestfriend who is already her boyfriend.

 

They left the cafe using Seunghyun’s motorbike. It was already chilly so he let her use his leather jacket. He lifted Dara to his bike and helped her use the helmet before they left.

 

Dara never really liked riding on motorbikes. She was worried about her safety. But everything changed when Seunghyun let her ride in his.

 

She felt the adrenaline, the excitement, the thrill of riding it. It was her first time and she enjoyed it... A lot.

 

She felt it. Everytime she was with Seunghyun, she discovers the other side of herself. She felt carefree. There was danger, but she knew that he won’t let her fall.

 

With Jiyong, there was warmth and safety.

With Seunghyun, there was danger and excitement. She felt more alive.

 

She’s confused but she shook it off. Jiyong was waiting for her. She thought of him.

Jiyong, her boyfriend. Jiyong, the one she loves... Focus...

 

After less than thirty minutes, Jiyong saw a familiar motorbike approaching the parking lot. It was Seunghyun’s.

 

Two people were in it. He was inside his car and decided not to go out. He squinted his eyes and looked closely.

 

At the back of Seunghyun was a woman with long brown wavy hair at the ends. He couldn’t see the face because of the helmet. The woman was holding on to Seunghyun for support.

 

When they arrived at the parking lot, Jiyong’s car was on the other side but he could see them well.

 

Seunghyun got off the bike and supported the woman so she could get down easily. He slowly removed her helmet and there Jiyong saw it was Dara. Seunghyun caressed Dara’s hair and carefully fixed it. He tucked some strands behind her ear. She was about to remove his leather jacket when he helped her take it off. Then she bid him goodbye. Seunghyun hugged her and kissed the top of her hair softly. Dara was so oblivious that she was kissed. She knew she was hugged and that’s it.

 

As Dara was walking to the entrance of the building, Jiyong observed Seunghyun watching her. Jiyong saw the longing of his bestfriend to his girlfriend. He saw everything his bestfriend did to his girlfriend. Then he felt his heart squeezed.

 

If his girl had chosen Seunghyun, she wouldn’t have to be entangled in all the chaos in his life, the company’s power struggle and his problem with Sohee’s pregnancy.

 

What if the test will come out positive as my match? What will be my girl’s reaction about Sohee’s pregnancy? Will she cut ties with him right away? Will she listen? Will she accept it?

 

‘ this life!’ He thought. ‘When I thought everything was becoming right. When I already got her back, that’s when everything bad is happening.’

 

His train of thoughts were interrupted by his phone ringing. He looked at his phone and saw that his girl was calling.

 

“Baby..”

 

“Ji, where are you? I’m ready to go.”

 

“Alright. I’ll come get you baby.”

 

“Okay.”

 

...

 

Both of them were dining at the Sky Lounge.

 

Sky Lounge is located at Gangnam-gu, Intercontinental Seoul. This is a high end restaurant that is known for authentic Italian cuisine. In order for you to dine here, you must have a membership card. That proves that only VIPs are allowed to enter and you need to have a reservation beforehand.

 

Their dinner wasn’t the usual. They weren’t talking that much as they usually were. Dara felt something different but she doesn’t know which one or what was it. Jiyong himself was thinking how to start their conversation.

 

Dara’s phone had a message alert tone and she checked it immediately. Her brows furrowed when she saw an article sent to her by someone. Her heart started pounding and she could feel the pain in her chest. She excused herself for a while to go to the restroom.

 

When she was inside the restroom, she checked every cubicle if there was someone. Upon confirming that no one was there, she started dialing on her phone.

 

“Yes Miss Park?”, said the person on the other line.

 

“I got what you sent.”

 

“What do y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter