Chapter 22: Hurdle

Unconditional Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LGC had been very busy in the next few weeks. A lot of companies became interested in investing, making LGC’s stocks go up. Chairman Lee and the board are very happy. It’s mostly because of the hard work of Minho and Dara. When they came back to Korea, a lot of things had changed in the company. The changes were patterned according to the ideas and views of the two since they were to manage the company after Chairman Lee. Everything became more innovative. If the company was on top of it’s game before, it went one step better this time. The collaboration of these young minds were the reason for a bigger success of the company.

 

Chairman Lee’s children were featured so much in business news and trends.

 

As of this moment, Donghae Lee’s company is investing in LGC with billions of dollars worth of deal.

 

One time when Donghae visited Dara and Minho in Seoul, he offered them this deal.

 

“Are you sure about it Hae? This contract is big and the longevity of it is almost infinity.” Dara stated as she finished reading the contract that Donghae brought them.

 

The three of them were at Dara’s office. The simple friendly visit that the two thought was changed into a business meeting right away as Donghae fished out the documents. They initially were just sharing stories, chatting and teasing each other just like when they were still in America.

 

“I’m sure about that Dee. Your father knows my company very well. Both of you know me too but for your assurance in this, you can still have my company be background checked.”

 

“But the exchange of this deal is just me designing for your company’s future projects and I will still get paid for that.”

 

“Dee, do you think my father will let me look for other architects if he knows that we are friends? You do realize that your name is already big in your field right?”

 

“Hae,” Minho butted in. “We normally are told to not just invest in one company. You know, ‘never put all your eggs in just one basket’ kind of thing. You can invest in our company and you can also do it in others. It’s not that we don’t want it but we are giving you a friendly advice.”

 

“We did invest in other companies too brother. But of course, it is not as big as this one that I am offering to you. And besides, your company is a lot bigger than ours. My company’s investment is just a minimal percentage to your company’s worth. It doesn’t even reach five percent of it.”

 

“Okay, we are going to give these documents to our company lawyers so as to formalize it brother. Are you sure you are not doing this because of Dara?” He teased.

 

“Hey! Why me again?” Dara looked at Minho intensely.

 

“Yeah, I hope she would accept me but there’s KHG’s Jiyong Kwon.” Donghae grinned.

 

Dara picked up the small pillows from her seat and threw it at them. Both of them dodged and laughed out loud.

 

“I remember the look on his face in Jeju when I called Dara mommy!” Donghae was chuckling.

 

“Oh, he didn’t know about Yuki?” Minho asked Dara.

 

“No. When he knew about Yuki, he wanted us to have a dog too.” She answered. “I told him, he couldn’t take care of a dog yet. He’s too busy. Most especially now.”

 

“Hmm, Chairman Lee hasn’t been successful in changing your family name yet?” Donghae changed the topic.

 

“It’s her choice so dad just respected it.” Minho shrugged his shoulders.

 

“I have a suggestion to the Chairman so he could get his wish.” He eyed at Minho.

 

“What is it?” Minho reacted like he doesn’t know what he means.

 

“I’ll ask the Chairman to let me marry her!” He smiled widely. “Then voila! She’ll become a Lee in an instant!”

 

Minho clicked his thumb and middle finger. “You’re right! Now let’s go to dad’s office!” He raised his arm with his forefinger pointing up.

 

“What the heck! I’m still here! Why are you both deciding for me again?” She rolled her eyes.

 

“Shhh! We’re not talking to you.” Donghae placed his forefinger to his lips. “This is a ‘manly’ talk!” He raised both his rams like he was flexing his biceps.

 

“Manly talk my ! It’s my future you are talking about.” Dara shook her head and sighed.

 

The two guys were conversing about her becoming a Lee like she wasn’t there. They ignored her the whole time as they were planning on a ‘wedding ‘ like they were professional wedding planners.

 

...

 

Jiyong’s phone vibrated a lot of times in his pocket. It was an indication that someone was calling. Not once did he answer a call while he was in a meeting. Everytime he has a scheduled meeting, he would inform Dara immediately so when she needed to call him, she would know what time it would be.

 

He ignored the calls because he knew that it wasn’t her. He was in the company anyway so he knows it’s nothing important.

 

He was inside the boardroom of KHG having a meeting with the board of directors and the main executives. It wasn’t a good meeting at all. It started with an all business meeting but the atmosphere escalated quickly when the topic went on to the shuffling of positions on the executive level.

 

KHG was in bad stand on this one. The other shareholders were threatening to pull out their investments if either Jiyong or Jaejoong would become the CEO. Each of them got their own choice of who they want to replace Chairman Kwon when he retires in a couple of years. Like what was seen before, the shareholders and board were divided. Some of them wanted Jiyong while some of them wanted Jaejoong.

 

The Kim’s allies in the company were so threatened by the fact that Jiyong could buy them all out once he will be connected to LGC through Sandara. It’s the marriage of the two that they are worried at. Dara could give Jiyong the all out power with her at his side. They knew the change she could give him once he will be part of the Lee family. It’s not just the merging that they are afraid of. They are also too scared that KHG will be just a mere sub company under LGC and if that happens, Chairman Lee will have a great say in the decision making of the company.

 

Jiyong told them that he wouldn’t do as such since he values their investments in the company. That he would respect their investments as long as they would follow whatever rul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter